Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

I just hope this means Donna gets used more and more. That Diana and her actually be able to be sisters. Next is just fixing Cassie

I would love a mini-series about Donna.
    What would be your creative team of choice, but being realistic?

I would say Mariko Tamaki and Marcio Takara.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Ar Batzman

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I would love a mini-series about Donna.
    What would be your creative team of choice, but being realistic?

I would say Mariko Tamaki and Marcio Takara.
    Phil Jiminez, Marv Wolfman, Mark Waid along with the current creative team of Becky Cloonan and Conrad are the only ones I can imagine untangling the Gordian knot that is Donna Troy's backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Phil Jiminez, Marv Wolfman, Mark Waid along with the current creative team of Becky Cloonan and Conrad are the only ones I can imagine untangling the Gordian knot that is Donna Troy's backstory.
    Wait, has Mark Waid ever written Donna?

No but he is an expert on DCU history and can make sense of it.

Hamlet Roman

But Waid has never worked very well with Diana, why would he be a good writer for Donna? Geoff Johns seemed to have a decent handle on DC mythos, and yet look at what he did with Wonder Woman.

Incredible Member

https://fivequestionswith.wordpress.com/mark-waid/

He doesn't "get" Wonder Woman, by his own words, so not sure how he'd do with Donna Troy. Maybe he would "get" her more than Diana?

That interview was from a long ago. Waid has evolved as a writer and was producing some of the best work of his career at Marvel while Johns remained stagnant and eventually declined as a writer. I think its fair to give Waid another chance especially since he kind of admitted he messed up with Diana. I also think he's come around to appreciating WW's mythos. It was on his FB page that I learned that WW was the first comic to do a multiverse story even though Flash was the one who started the Earth-1/Earth 2 distinction.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

If I had the option, I would pair Phil writing with Kelly Sue DeConnick to work out Donna. Phil, a little like George Perez, gets caught up in his love for the character and it could become bogged down. Donna needs simplification desperately and I think KSD would help out there (and since they are coming off of Historia, Phil really seems to enjoy working with her from what I gathered off his instagram.)
    Also, just because someone doesn't get Diana does not mean they wouldn't get Donna. Diana is not seen as a "person" but more a mythical figure...she's perceived as perfect (by too many) and potentially even aloof which makes her hard to relate to as a writer. (Superman has a similar effect with writers.) Donna, on the other hand, is more or less a regular person who just happens to have powers. She's the girl next door. Much easier to relate to than goddess of perfection.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    If I had the option, I would pair Phil writing with Kelly Sue DeConnick to work out Donna. Phil, a little like George Perez, gets caught up in his love for the character and it could become bogged down. Donna needs simplification desperately and I think KSD would help out there (and since they are coming off of Historia, Phil really seems to enjoy working with her from what I gathered off his instagram.)
    Also, just because someone doesn't get Diana does not mean they wouldn't get Donna. Diana is not seen as a "person" but more a mythical figure...she's perceived as perfect (by too many) and potentially even aloof which makes her hard to relate to as a writer. (Superman has a similar effect with writers.) Donna, on the other hand, is more or less a regular person who just happens to have powers. She's the girl next door. Much easier to relate to than goddess of perfection.
    Ugh, I just abhor these comments.

Yeah, I think KSD and Jiminez would be good. Or may be Jiminez and G Willow Wilson. I know the latter's run was divisive but she might fare better with a younger side kick hero like Donna.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I agree with KSD, or maybe Steve Orlando. Even though he was forced to keep her Rebirth origin you could tell he really cares for Donna when he used her in his second run.

As for the artist... Emmanuela Lupaccino maybe?
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 08-26-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I agree with KSD, or maybe Steve Orlando. Even though he was forced to keep her Rebirth origin you could tell he really cares for Donna when he used her in his second run.

As for the artist... Emmanuela Lupaccino maybe?
    I'd Second Orlando. But feel it's somewhat unfair and an oversimplification to say he kept the Finch/New 52/Abnett/Rebirth Origin. While he did keep the idea that some unidentified party created Donna as a weapon to use against Diana and the Amazons, it's pretty clear everything else surrounding it was changed. It's clear from Diana's flashbacks that Donna was created as a child, rescued by Diana from whoever intended to use her, and brought back to Themyscira where she was adopted and trained by Diana and the other Amazons. Abnett's weird stuff about fake memories was retconned to just them repressing Donna's memories from before Diana brought her to Themyscira. From where I'm looking at it, it's a 90% restoration to her original origin as Diana's younger adopted sister with a small twist. I feel it's a bit myopic to focus in on the one vague idea that was retained from the New 52, and ignore everything else that was changed and retconned to bring Donna's origin back to core essential of being Diana's adopted sister. I would be interested in seeing the details filled in. I think I can live with the origin as laid out by Orlando.