Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Ultimately Orlando's version of the origin was definitely better than how it was presented by Finch - Abnett's was just the base of "Donna was created as a weapon" without going further into the information about it - but I think that this point it's just better if we go back to her pre-Crisis origin. Not only do we have a situation where "everything matters" but it's the first time in a long time that Diana could've actually saved a baby Donna Troy from a fire and taken her back to Themyscira without it messing anything up since before Flashpoint at the least, and even then I might be willing to say since before the Crisis itself. It's the most simple origin for Donna, and it's the one being used in the show so it's probably the most well-known at this point. I'd like to work the Titans of Myth in there some way because "Who is Wonder Girl?" is after all the third or fourth most popular Titans story in the first place, so having it maintained is probably a good idea.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Ultimately Orlando's version of the origin was definitely better than how it was presented by Finch - Abnett's was just the base of "Donna was created as a weapon" without going further into the information about it - but I think that this point it's just better if we go back to her pre-Crisis origin. Not only do we have a situation where "everything matters" but it's the first time in a long time that Diana could've actually saved a baby Donna Troy from a fire and taken her back to Themyscira without it messing anything up since before Flashpoint at the least, and even then I might be willing to say since before the Crisis itself. It's the most simple origin for Donna, and it's the one being used in the show so it's probably the most well-known at this point. I'd like to work the Titans of Myth in there some way because "Who is Wonder Girl?" is after all the third or fourth most popular Titans story in the first place, so having it maintained is probably a good idea.
    Yeah, going back to Donna's simplest origin is the most sensible solution (not that that means DC will actually do it though).

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    And working the Titans of Myth in with the adoption story is easy since the Titans don't show up in Donna's personal life until she's already a grown woman.

You guys think it's too later for Donna to ever be popular? She is only in Titans and she was cut off from Diana takes to New 52 Finch. So far we been getting more and more retcon that Donna did spend time with the Amazons. You guys think we will get the two together again?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    You guys think it's too later for Donna to ever be popular? She is only in Titans and she was cut off from Diana takes to New 52 Finch. So far we been getting more and more retcon that Donna did spend time with the Amazons. You guys think we will get the two together again?
    I think it'll be a long haul. Her less then satisfying showing in Titans and being totally excluded from the animated Teen Titans is raising a generation of readers to not know of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I think it'll be a long haul. Her less then satisfying showing in Titans and being totally excluded from the animated Teen Titans is raising a generation of readers to not know of her.
    So far we have her in YJ but briefly. However, with the new universe hopefully we will see her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hamlet Roman

Would love to see a version of this giving Donna a face resembling Debra Winger!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

No I dont think it's to late but she really needs to be a main character in a popular animated series or tv series. She got screwed over in TT, TT:Go, YJ, and even the DCDTV TT movies. The Titans tv series killed her off and even there while she was enjoyable she was never given the WOW moment. She gets beat by Slade only for Dick to come in and take care of him. (though it was a fairly good fight considering she used the lasso as her primary weapon)

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    No I dont think it's to late but she really needs to be a main character in a popular animated series or tv series. She got screwed over in TT, TT:Go, YJ, and even the DCDTV TT movies. The Titans tv series killed her off and even there while she was enjoyable she was never given the WOW moment. She gets beat by Slade only for Dick to come in and take care of him. (though it was a fairly good fight considering she used the lasso as her primary weapon)
    She was also supposed to be the leader of the Titans in the cancelled 80's cartoon. What could've been...it's like she's cursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    She was also supposed to be the leader of the Titans in the cancelled 80's cartoon. What could've been...it's like she's cursed.
    Hmm, rather surprising a show in the 80s that presumably would have been geared for the boys market would have had a girl leader.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I don't think that Donna's not popular. As far as characters that have barely ever appeared in outside media go, Donna is definitely one of the most popular, and as far as Titans go outside of Wally and the ones from the cartoon Donna is probably the most popular. Of course, she could always be more.

Donna needs to be a focus in a comic book run and then otherwise appear in other media consistently, cartoons, movies, games, etc. for her to really flourish in the way that some of the other Titans do.

I'm sure that she's going to have a better showing in the Titans show when she comes back later on in the season. It's inevitable.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    That darn Dark Angel. Her power extends beyond even the 4th wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, rather surprising a show in the 80s that presumably would have been geared for the boys market would have had a girl leader.
    I heard that they couldn't use Robin in show or in one of the ads they made based on the show so they had to use a stand in. Maybe that's why, after Robin, Donna was the most sensible choice in being a leader.

You guys think Donna will be used in Wonder Girl?

You guys think Donna will be used in Wonder Girl?
    Probably, sooner or later.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.