Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, rather surprising a show in the 80s that presumably would have been geared for the boys market would have had a girl leader.
    It makes sense. They probably couldn't use Robin (he was in Super Friends, which was still making new episodes at the time), and without him there, who makes sense to take over? Changeling was the youngest team member, and Starfire, Cyborg and Raven were all rookies. Donna is the experienced hand, along with Kid Flash - but Wally might not even have been there, depending when this was (he was replaced by Jericho in 1984, at the same time that Dick became Nightwing).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Even if Wally was available, he's never been leadership material. In Wolfman/Perez run, Donna was the second in charge so it made sense to make her the leader if Robin was not available.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    She was also supposed to be the leader of the Titans in the cancelled 80's cartoon. What could've been...it's like she's cursed.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That darn Dark Angel. Her power extends beyond even the 4th wall.

I heard that they couldn't use Robin in show or in one of the ads they made based on the show so they had to use a stand in. Maybe that's why, after Robin, Donna was the most sensible choice in being a leader.
    Oh right! “The Protector”, he also showed up in the Titans anti-drug pamphlet. Donna does seem to be at the center of their configurations, seeming the leader…

Last edited by Thirteen; 09-04-2021 at 04:03 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

From Wonder Woman #756:

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It's always weird to me to see Donna (and the Amazons in general) covered head to toe and Diana wearing her go to costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It's always weird to me to see Donna (and the Amazons in general) covered head to toe and Diana wearing her go to costume.
    Diana’s always liked to show skin.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Fantastic Member

From Wonder Woman #756:

I must admit I liked that look Donna. I will always be partial to the black catsuit and stars, but this is a great cross between that and a more traditional Amazon look. Diana showing skin is so inbreed into her character I just go with it and honestly it looks odd when she's not in something like that.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I feel like they should add the W emblem to her outfit like when she was evil and change the buckle of her belt as it looks to much like Aquamans.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I feel like they should add the W emblem to her outfit like when she was evil and change the buckle of her belt as it looks to much like Aquamans.

I agree. I also like the belt that is kind of styled like a skirt as well.

From Wonder Woman #756:

I appreciate the effort to give Donna’s and Diana’s costumes a similar texture via the armor pattern. It gives them a more related look, despite the disparity in skin coverage, which has usually been the case. Donna has been generally the more “modern” in appearance while Diana adheres to the “classic” or “ancient” aesthetic.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member

We should be seeing her again in Titans soon

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    We should be seeing her again in Titans soon
    Not sure if that's a good thing considering how poorly the previous season treated her and how Bat-centric this season has become. And I'm still waiting for the show to incorporate any of the actual WW lore and characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Not sure if that's a good thing considering how poorly the previous season treated her and how Bat-centric this season has become. And I'm still waiting for the show to incorporate any of the actual WW lore and characters.
    it is a good thing better then being in limbo

Fantastic Member

I've been holding off on Titans until I know she is back. Looks like it's going to be an end of season thing. What are the odds she comes back as Troia? The black costume and everything I think would suit the aesthetic of the show. Also with Connor and now Tim Drake being introduced I think Cassie as Wonder Girl should take over the red costume.

Variant Titan United 4

ZF3ytp7qaVvhLY78jnfSGL-1920-80.jpg