Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    The Roy-Donna thing was tacked on, in the 90s, and wasn't there in the Wolfman-Perez NTT 80s. While it may be canon, like Rachel Roth Raven, ..most of us NTT fans don't accept Roy-Donna, as legitimate. Donna is Kyle Rayner's girl.
    Donna is no one's girl. She's her own girl. I never liked her and Kyle. It just seemed like pawning her off to a non Titans franchise to be the girlfriend....

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Terry gets interesting when you read the Team(not teen, TEAM) Titans run and all that Lord Chaos stuff. O_o'
    I always thought Terry couild be rebooted to be younger and cooler, without the previous marriage baggage .... almostvany character can be redeemed with the right team and vision

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    I always thought Terry couild be rebooted to be younger and cooler, without the previous marriage baggage .... almostvany character can be redeemed with the right team and vision
    There's so much negativity people associate with Terry that any rebooting of his character would automatically be viewed poorly and the very verbal people who do not like him will begin a campaign against him. He wouldn't have a chance, no matter how good a character he is written to me.

Fantastic Member

The whole idea around Terry is a little problematic these days and rightfully so. He proved himself to be an idiot. Leave him in the past. If she has to be with a guy, Well to me it's Kyle no question. Problem is Kyle (who is my fav GL) has not only her but Jade as well as top tier romances. They were both written very good. I still think it would do her and the whole community a world of good if she and Kori showed up at a Titans event on each others arms. It wouldn't be representation for representations sake as they both have histories that would lend itself well to that kind of relationship. At least that's what I think. Plus I think it would add some interesting new storylines to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    The whole idea around Terry is a little problematic these days and rightfully so. He proved himself to be an idiot. Leave him in the past. If she has to be with a guy, Well to me it's Kyle no question. Problem is Kyle (who is my fav GL) has not only her but Jade as well as top tier romances. They were both written very good. I still think it would do her and the whole community a world of good if she and Kori showed up at a Titans event on each others arms. It wouldn't be representation for representations sake as they both have histories that would lend itself well to that kind of relationship. At least that's what I think. Plus I think it would add some interesting new storylines to the mix.
    Welll..... Where would Dick be if he's not cuddling Kori? :P ('cause Barbara hasn't been his girlfriend in anything recent I can think of.... an especially not Teen Titans)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    The Roy-Donna thing was tacked on, in the 90s, and wasn't there in the Wolfman-Perez NTT 80s. While it may be canon, like Rachel Roth Raven, ..most of us NTT fans don't accept Roy-Donna, as legitimate. Donna is Kyle Rayner's girl.
    tacked on? they dated in the original titans, he was before anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    tacked on? they dated in the original titans, he was before anyone else
    right, but... how did that end?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    right, but... how did that end?
    I think you have a point that in the past, this relationship has been rocky to say the least. Like his mentor, Roy's not real good in the relationship department. Maybe dating one of the arrow-related heroes is not such a good idea overall... If we're exploring Donna's relationships, I'd rather see some of her friendships explored. Diana, Cassie, Artemis, Starfire, Nightwing and even Vixen, who called Donna after she came back from Batman Who Laughs to check on her.

Diff note: Donna has another good appearance in Titan's United #3. She is shown lifting a jet and deflecting bullets using her lasso.

Donna is no one's girl. She's her own girl. I never liked her and Kyle. It just seemed like pawning her off to a non Titans franchise to be the girlfriend....
    Donna and Kyle were each other's babies. This is okay. Grown-ups do this.

While I don't like Donna being handed off to Titans and GL books, Kyle and Donna were Titans, at the time, ..and the WW comic, as was typical, since the mid-Sixties, wasn't doing anything with her...seemed to have no plans for her using her in stories; so...?

I understand where you're coming from, and I felt the same way. That aside, the WW comic's editors weren't interested in treating Donna, like the Bat comics treat Robin. As I see it, we can't really blame the Titans and GL creative teams seizing an opportunity, under those editorial conditions. The problem is editorial waste and lack of editorial direction, in WW. That's why Donna had no role to play, in the comic, ..inviting other comics to feel free to use her.

Donna should be and should have been a recurring character, in WW.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-10-2021 at 01:18 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

They should do a title like Robin and Batman with Donna and Diana. I would love to see past adventures with them both.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    They should do a title like Robin and Batman with Donna and Diana. I would love to see past adventures with them both.

Maybe a bi-weekly series like WW's Rebirth run... Sensation Comics featuring....Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl, but one issue featuring Donna, the next featuring Cassie. sigh...we can but dream.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Maybe a bi-weekly series like WW's Rebirth run... Sensation Comics featuring....Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl, but one issue featuring Donna, the next featuring Cassie. sigh...we can but dream.
    There was a run with Cassandra Sandsmark where she did actually act like WW's sidekick.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I'd really like to see something like that. Unfortunately it would never happen lol. I remember a run of Wonder Woman that had Donna stepping into the shoes after Diana had her run in with Max Lord. It didn't last long and she was pretty much showed as outclassed and Diana needed to step in to help (which was annoying) I would like to see a series of her at that time. Why she stepped up and what not.

I thought the relationship itself was sweet. Donna going from a team book to become the love interest in a male hero's book is sadly the fate of every female hero not named WW.

They need to fix Donna first and even then, I'm not sure if 'young, sexy, modern' Terry Long reboot is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    I think you have a point that in the past, this relationship has been rocky to say the least. Like his mentor, Roy's not real good in the relationship department. Maybe dating one of the arrow-related heroes is not such a good idea overall... If we're exploring Donna's relationships, I'd rather see some of her friendships explored. Diana, Cassie, Artemis, Starfire, Nightwing and even Vixen, who called Donna after she came back from Batman Who Laughs to check on her.

Diff note: Donna has another good appearance in Titan's United #3. She is shown lifting a jet and deflecting bullets using her lasso.

Seconded. Also don't forget Wally and Natasha Irons.

So we are all in agreement that DC should revive the Sensation Comics title but feature Donna Troy (and a backup feature with Cassie Sandsmark.)