Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Am I just eternally optimistic? I kind of think they may be building towards a more unified Wonder Woman family type book in the near future. With Donna and Cass and others. As much as I want Donna in a Titans book full time I would love to see her full time in a book with Diana and Cass and others. Without her death being a main plot point of course LOL

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    That's actually the simplest, and closest to her original concept. Everything after that is garbage...lol
    HAHAHA you might be right but it's funny because it makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    My preferred origin for Donna is always the most convoluted one. She was an orphan, who was raised by the Amazons and accepted as Diana's sister and then discovered to have been infused with teh powers of the Titans. To me it just works but I realize I may be in the minority with that. To me it's great because you get the best of both worlds. She's the sister of Diana and also her own woman.
    I am right there with you! Plus it avoids comparisons with Diana...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    I am right there with you! Plus it avoids comparisons with Diana...
    It does and it doesn't. She was after all designed to be Diana before all teh retcons so she will always be compared to Diana. Which is fine by me. You ask me she is far better. Through trial and heartbreak she formed her own soul. Lived in man's world and adapted far better. To be honest I think Donna represents exactly what Diana wanted to. A powerful woman who works with others in man's world and knows the insides and outs of living within it. I love Diana, but to me Donna is far superior.

HAHAHA you might be right but it's funny because it makes sense to me.
    I mean, orphan raised as Diana's sister and discoverd to be imbued with the power of the Titans

vs

....no wait, she's Diana's mirror image who lives endless lives in tragedy but in one of those lives she becomes a superhero but wait in another of those lives she's a demonic witch trying to kill all the versions of her but wait she's actually a compression of every version of her from every reality but wait she was actually created using Hippolyta turned to clay plus black magic to be an enemy to WW in a reality that doesn't exist but wait we're tweaking that so she's still a created villain but we caught it soon enough and effed with her memories so she only thinks she was a rescued orphan but she still might become a villain in the future.....

Which version is more confusing? Lol...

It does and it doesn't. She was after all designed to be Diana before all teh retcons so she will always be compared to Diana. Which is fine by me. You ask me she is far better. Through trial and heartbreak she formed her own soul. Lived in man's world and adapted far better. To be honest I think Donna represents exactly what Diana wanted to. A powerful woman who works with others in man's world and knows the insides and outs of living within it. I love Diana, but to me Donna is far superior.
    Well, she wasn't designed to be Diana. A goof was made thinking WG was a different character. That's a subtle difference in my book. As WG in the Teen Titans, she was never supposed to be Diana. So I don't think the comparisons between the two existed then as much as they do now, with all the convoluted " mirror twin" junk she was saddled with later on....

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Well, she wasn't designed to be Diana. A goof was made thinking WG was a different character. That's a subtle difference in my book. As WG in the Teen Titans, she was never supposed to be Diana. So I don't think the comparisons between the two existed then as much as they do now, with all the convoluted " mirror twin" junk she was saddled with later on....
    That is kind of what I meant. Like I said though I like the comparisons because to me it shows Donna is better. But I am biased. A little annoyed about the recent Wonder Girl comic announcement. Donna or Cassie never got an ongoing run but I understand why they are doing it. I have enjoyed the character so far but still annoyed and what does this all mean for Cassie when Future Slate is done.

That is kind of what I meant. Like I said though I like the comparisons because to me it shows Donna is better. But I am biased. A little annoyed about the recent Wonder Girl comic announcement. Donna or Cassie never got an ongoing run but I understand why they are doing it. I have enjoyed the character so far but still annoyed and what does this all mean for Cassie when Future Slate is done.
    They have to find a place for her.

After Bendis completely missed the mark with the YJ book, that whole generation now is looking for a place to be. Conner is part of the Suicide Squad, which is really weird. But the others we don't know their whereaboutst yet.

Good thing is that in the AMA Cloonan and Conrad said they have plains to bring both Donna and Cassie into their book, but have to establish the new status quo for Diana first.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    They have to find a place for her.

After Bendis completely missed the mark with the YJ book, that whole generation now is looking for a place to be. Conner is part of the Suicide Squad, which is really weird. But the others we don't know their whereaboutst yet.

Good thing is that in the AMA Cloonan and Conrad said they have plains to bring both Donna and Cassie into their book, but have to establish the new status quo for Diana first.
    You are right that whole generation has been screwed and Conner in the Suicide Squad just screams we have no idea what to do with him. I would certainly buy a Wonder Family book with Diana, Donna and Cassie among others but sadly if it doesn't have a bat on it DC really doesn't want anything to do with it.

Extraordinary Member

If Hippolyta is becoming Wonder Woman i would think that would mean Donna could have a bigger role, she is her second daughter

Donna will be in Teen Titans Academy as one of the staff.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

So Donna was seen this week in Future Slate. I love how she was pictured but she is still dead. They keep hinting that Titans Academy will show how it all happened but I really don't want to read it if the endgame is her death. Also speaking of Titans Academy is anyone else annoyed that they keep showing all these young heroes going there to learn and there's nothing of the Young Justice team. When they rebooted the Teen Titans with Cassie, Conner, Tim and Bart it revitalized the title and was a great run and now I can't see any acknowledgement of that. I know Conner's going to be used elsewhere but having Donna and Cassie there at the Academy would be fantastic.

Extraordinary Member

So Donna was seen this week in Future Slate. I love how she was pictured but she is still dead. They keep hinting that Titans Academy will show how it all happened but I really don't want to read it if the endgame is her death. Also speaking of Titans Academy is anyone else annoyed that they keep showing all these young heroes going there to learn and there's nothing of the Young Justice team. When they rebooted the Teen Titans with Cassie, Conner, Tim and Bart it revitalized the title and was a great run and now I can't see any acknowledgement of that. I know Conner's going to be used elsewhere but having Donna and Cassie there at the Academy would be fantastic.
    Cassie needs a new identity