Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
....weird but I mean shiny new #1s usually do well because they come with less baggage.
Nah it’s because of Yara herself. On ComiXology Nubia’s #1 didn’t even debut in the top 10: https://m.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers Yara is super popular because Brazil has historically been HUGE fans of DC on account of the DCAU. Getting rep with Yara really made them happy and I think her being Latina helps her sales stateside also considering Latinos are the fastest growing minority in the US, but are woefully underrepresented at DC and Marvel compared to white and black people. There’s Jaime, Kyle, Jess, and Yara and that’s basically it.
Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
Time will tell but by your reasoning nubia is in her year one for wonder woman also.
The difference is that
1. Nubia wasn’t positioned as part of the new Trinity, Yara was. She’s meant to be the Wonder Woman of Jon and Jace’s Gen, a Gen that is rapidly taking on the main mantles. Don’t see Yara not joining them especially when the other two already have their mantles
2. I’m predicting Yara’s sales are going to blow Nubia’s out of the water. Yara has sales power which I haven’t seen any other Wonder character demonstrate. Only Artemis can come close to Diana, the rest I can’t see supporting anything but minis. Consider that Yara gets an ongoing while Nubia gets a mini. That should tell you which of the two is viewed as the higher profile character.

Could they both get the WW title? Maybe but it’s Yara who will be in the new Trinity with Jon and Jace, so she’ll be the one in the thick of events at DC.