Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, they drop her CW series.
    What a shame.

https://twitter.com/dailynrod/status...24356354629633

Well, looks like i can keep just not seeing CW shows.
    This is heartbreaking news. This seemed like such a slam dunk and a perfect place for Wonder Girl considering Superman and Batwoman and she could have been the new trinity. I hope HBO Max can pick it up or maybe even a young Diana show.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Now Im pissed all over again. Our one chance to get a Wonder character back on tv and it fails yet again. 2nd failed Wonder family pilot script at TheCW...

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This is the normal process, I guess someone leaked news that it was being made to get some hype to better pass the pilot process but don't shows get full series order all the time. I love the CW shows for what they were but I am happy that this didn't make through I much rather these things end up on HBO max or some other streamer where they get a bigger budget and fewer episodes for quality control. The Superman show with HBO involvement looks so much better you can't help but wonder what if it was there full time.
    It's not normal to start developing a tv show based on a character that hasn't even had any publication.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that same article is also how we originally found out about the Wonder Girl comic that was just solicited.

Don't you mean DC Universe? It only became a HBO Max show in season 2.
    Yeah. Although I haven't yet seen any difference in programing between HBO MAX and DC Universe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It's not normal to start developing a tv show based on a character that hasn't even had any publication.
    That's what they're doing with Naomi. BLOOP

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Naomi already have a mini-series, was in Young Justice and will be part of the upcoming Justice League.
    Last edited by Drako; 02-12-2021 at 05:26 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Naomi already have a mini-series, was in Young Justice and will be part of the upcoming Justice League.
    And Yara already has her Future State issues (Wonder Woman, Superman/Wonder Woman, Justice League) and will have her ongoing start in May. This series wouldn't have started until the Fall 2021 season.

And Yara already has her Future State issues (Wonder Woman, Superman/Wonder Woman, Justice League) and will have her ongoing start in May. This series wouldn't have started until the Fall 2021 season.
    I know. But when the series was announced she didn't had none of this books released yet. So it was a display of faith of in her character, who was already getting popular just by her look.

Naomi already had her book when the news about her series was released.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I know. But when the series was announced she didn't had none of this books released yet. So it was a display of faith of in her character, who was already getting popular just by her look.

Naomi already had her book when the news about her series was released.
    Exactly. I don't think it's ever been done before, aside from maybe some Mark Millar books.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Tbh it was for the best. CW shows just... Aren't good. The next best chance is HBO max possibly picking it up, I suppose
    I agree i'm not too bummed, I wish it could've got the Stargirl treatment.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Thumbs up

Me reading the news about Yara's show -

VOLUME WARNING

Figures the most interesting, visually compelling, and original character they have created in literally decades one who has already caught on with fans (judging by the insane volume of fan art after only a few months and multiple printings of her first appearance) would get her show canceled before it started.

I swear, sometimes I think DC/Warner want to fail. They love snatching defeat from the jaws of victory......
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-12-2021 at 06:46 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Now Im pissed all over again. Our one chance to get a Wonder character back on tv and it fails yet again. 2nd failed Wonder family pilot script at TheCW...
    Donna back on the set of titans tho

Extraordinary Member

she has a mini

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yeah wtf? How do they just announce a show so soon and then not pick it up? I do hope HBO MAX gets it but I doubt it. This seemed like a perfect pit for CW, but kind of a random pick for HBO MAX. Probably won't happen
    They didn't announce the show, media outlets announced that a Wonder Girl show was in the works at the CW, it wasn't ever specified how far in the process it was tho, but it sound like Wonder Girl was going through the whole process i.e pitch, pilot, series order, and that it wasn't a straight to series type of thing like that Lois and Clark show.

From the tweet, it sounds like the CW didn't like the script enough to give it a pilot order although I'm sure other factors were at play.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

There might be plans for Yara elsewhere. She could show up in Titans or Young Justice for example.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/