Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    ....weird but I mean shiny new #1s usually do well because they come with less baggage.
    Nah it’s because of Yara herself. On ComiXology Nubia’s #1 didn’t even debut in the top 10: https://m.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers Yara is super popular because Brazil has historically been HUGE fans of DC on account of the DCAU. Getting rep with Yara really made them happy and I think her being Latina helps her sales stateside also considering Latinos are the fastest growing minority in the US, but are woefully underrepresented at DC and Marvel compared to white and black people. There’s Jaime, Kyle, Jess, and Yara and that’s basically it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Time will tell but by your reasoning nubia is in her year one for wonder woman also.
    The difference is that
    1. Nubia wasn’t positioned as part of the new Trinity, Yara was. She’s meant to be the Wonder Woman of Jon and Jace’s Gen, a Gen that is rapidly taking on the main mantles. Don’t see Yara not joining them especially when the other two already have their mantles
    2. I’m predicting Yara’s sales are going to blow Nubia’s out of the water. Yara has sales power which I haven’t seen any other Wonder character demonstrate. Only Artemis can come close to Diana, the rest I can’t see supporting anything but minis. Consider that Yara gets an ongoing while Nubia gets a mini. That should tell you which of the two is viewed as the higher profile character.

Could they both get the WW title? Maybe but it’s Yara who will be in the new Trinity with Jon and Jace, so she’ll be the one in the thick of events at DC.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Nubia wasn't given a high profile Futurestate mini. Yara has gotten more than Nubia has in 25 years.

If you look at the timeline for future state, you would see Nubia being Wonder Woman before Yara. I believe Jace was operating as batman around the same time Nubia story came out as well. It’s not about the high profile Yara is currently displaying. It’s about how they place these women in the stories. Nubia and Artemis both seem to be the “Wonder Women” push and Yara is Wonder Girl. Period

So we have Cassie and Yara now has Wonder Girl? Is Donna going as Troia? So I hope all three are given a push.

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully the wonder woman even can clear up whos whos

they can try to pretend but their can really only be one Wonder Woman at a time and one Wonder girl

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Hopefully the wonder woman even can clear up whos whos

they can try to pretend but their can really only be one Wonder Woman at a time and one Wonder girl
    Says who? We have many examples of superhero mantles being shared, and it's not even like it's the first time there have been multiple WW.

Well new issue is out and you can't blame Jones for decompression. It worked for me because things that warrant attention (Jerry) got it, while boring things like training got very little by comparison.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Says who? We have many examples of superhero mantles being shared, and it's not even like it's the first time there have been multiple WW.
    Just how it is.
    Only one will end Up having consistency

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They should keep the cape, I like both but she looks great with the cape.

Beautiful Yara is beautiful. Joelle should be the only person drawing her, it's unbelievable how stunning she looks with Joelle art style.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

The cape really does look great on her
    I noticed Yara wasn't too pleased to see Diana, I wonder if Hera's plan is to sic her on Diana

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Beautiful Yara is beautiful. Joelle should be the only person drawing her, it's unbelievable how stunning she looks with Joelle art style.
    Someone should clone Joelle so that we can get monthly without delays and fill ins.

Yeah her art is amazing which is probably why it takes so long
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It looks stunning. Since Yara's in her 20s did anyone catch what her civilian job is? She has a fashion editor vibe.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I think Adriana Melo compliments Jones' style well. She may not have the same style but they have the same vibe.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?