Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Yeah, its listed as an ongoing. If it was a mini series then the solicits would be telling us '1 of 6' and the like.

Such as the Donna Troy mini series where it even listed the issue number thing on the cover https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/upl...n-of-donna.JPG

Likewise the Cassie Sandsmark mini series https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/upl...onder-girl.jpg

I haven't bought a WW title in YEARS but I loved the covers for Future State, took a punt and really enjoyed it. I'll definitely be picking up WG at some point.

Ok so Joelle Jones had previously said that the visual inspiration for Yara Flor came from a brazillian model/ actress named Suyana Moreira.
    Yara-Flor-e-Suyane-Moreira-696x465.jpg

But I happened to happen upon another brazillian actress today that shocked me by how much more similar she is to Yara Flor than the other model. Her name is Mayara Bentes. Do you think Joelle Jones for some weird reason got the two of them confused?

maxresdefault.jpg
    3e3ce865a5386bd08ded8c7d182f3113.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Why? Wonder Woman’s franchise lacks diversity and is the least diverse of the Big 6 franchises. Pretty obvious why Yara was added, and why Nubia is making her triumphant return
    I just don't care for creating new characters when you have 1000's of heroes in limbo which can be utilized and put to use.you can change a Character Looks.Powers and Skills to give them a Makeover look at Marvel's Psylocke for instant she was once a quite British Telepath then they made her into a Powerful Telepathic Ninya that being said if they wanted diversity there was always Bobby Barnes they could've made into Wonder Boy no offense against Yara but we already have Nubia.Hessia,Grace Choi.Artemis.Cassie.Phillipus and of course Donna just my thoughts on things.

When is the ongoing starting ? Next week ? Or the one after ?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    When is the ongoing starting ? Next week ? Or the one after ?
    May 18th. Next week.

Thanks for the heads up !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Thanks for the heads up !
    You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Man that flashback looks gorgeous, also seriously looks like an army of Ares.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yara being in her 20s is a weird choice. I though she would be around Damian and Jon's age.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yara being in her 20s is a weird choice. I though she would be around Damian and Jon's age.
    I mean Jon right now isn't too terribly far away, say if Yara is like 20/21 Jon is still currently 17 according to Tom Taylor. So about a 3 to 4 year difference at best.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean Jon right now isn't too terribly far away, say if Yara is like 20/21 Jon is still currently 17 according to Tom Taylor. So about a 3 to 4 year difference at best.
    Still a huge gap between her and Damian. I wasn't hanging out with no 14 year olds when i was in my 20s, so it's going to be difficult to make this generation.

Unless they plain to pair her with Jon and Jace, instead of Damian, like in Future State. But that doesn't feel like a proper generation of new heroes to me.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.