Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    She will be Wonder Girl. Lol..I don’t see them calling her anything more than that. The title of her book is wonder girl.
    Right yara is wonder girl! Nubia is clearly being built as the new wonder woman, people are just focusing a little to much on future state.

Lovely Yara is lovey.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Right yara is wonder girl! Nubia is clearly being built as the new wonder woman, people are just focusing a little to much on future state.
    No she isn’t. Yara is part of the Trinity with Jon and Jace. Nubia isn’t called “WW” or being set up to take on the mantle at all. Unless they decide to drop Yara I absolutely think she will get a WW: Yara Flor book down the line.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No she isn’t. Yara is part of the Trinity with Jon and Jace. Nubia isn’t called “WW” or being set up to take on the mantle at all. Unless they decide to drop Yara I absolutely think she will get a WW: Yara Flor book down the line.
    So dc is doing all this marketing of yara as wonder girl for what? And building up nubia for what? Is yara gonna be part of this new trinity? Maybe! But I haven't seen dc say or show anything about making them a new trinity. All I see is fans assuming they'll be a trinity because of their mantles. Them being a new JL? Probably.

DC could have just made yara wonder woman from the start but she's wonder girl. And we've seen teases of nubia with the JL. But only dc knows we'll see but it doesn't make sense to spend all this time and money marketing yara as the new wonder girl just to make her wonder woman the next "week".

Also what the heck are they building up nubia for then?
    Last edited by WonderNight; 10-22-2021 at 03:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

You can build up Nubia and not have her be WW. Diana isn't going anywhere. They built up Hippolyta whose w/the League and she isn't WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    You can build up Nubia and not have her be WW. Diana isn't going anywhere. They built up Hippolyta whose w/the League and she isn't WW.
    They are calling Hippolyta Wonder Woman. If you look in the latest issue of Superman: Son of Kal.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    So dc is doing all this marketing of yara as wonder girl for what? And building up nubia for what? Is yara gonna be part of this new trinity? Maybe! But I haven't seen dc say or show anything about making them a new trinity. All I see is fans assuming they'll be a trinity because of their mantles. Them being a new JL? Probably.

DC could have just made yara wonder woman from the start but she's wonder girl. And we've seen teases of nubia with the JL. But only dc knows we'll see but it doesn't make sense to spend all this time and money marketing yara as the new wonder girl just to make her wonder woman the next "week".

Also what the heck are they building up nubia for then?
    Originally Yara was going to have a show called “Wonder Girl” so that doubtlessly played a role in the title. But I also see her time as “Wonder Girl” essentially being used to as her equivalent to “Year One”. Eventually however she is going to get the WW title. Bruce and Jace are Batman, Clark and Jon are Superman, they made a big deal of Yara being the first “Latina Wonder Woman” not Wonder Girl. Would be a bad look for her to be older than Jon and going by “Wonder Girl” when those three inevitable meet.

Besides by your own reasoning they aren’t marketing Nubia as WW, they’re marketing her as “Nubia”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Originally Yara was going to have a show called “Wonder Girl” so that doubtlessly played a role in the title. But I also see her time as “Wonder Girl” essentially being used to as her equivalent to “Year One”. Eventually however she is going to get the WW title. Bruce and Jace are Batman, Clark and Jon are Superman, they made a big deal of Yara being the first “Latina Wonder Woman” not Wonder Girl. Would be a bad look for her to be older than Jon and going by “Wonder Girl” when those three inevitable meet.

Besides by your own reasoning they aren’t marketing Nubia as WW, they’re marketing her as “Nubia”.
    The Young Justice generation saved because DC is in a rush for legacy mantles .

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    They are calling Hippolyta Wonder Woman. If you look in the latest issue of Superman: Son of Kal.
    She went her current time in the actual JL title not being called WW so ill assume its just the SM writer being mistaken.

Well, it's Tom Taylor, I think he really suposed Hyppolyte was Diana with another costume

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'm kind of sad Yara doing very well in sales while Diana isn't if any of the sites I have seen are right

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm kind of sad Yara doing very well in sales while Diana isn't if any of the sites I have seen are right
    ....weird but I mean shiny new #1s usually do well because they come with less baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Finally! Looking forward to more yara content.

I she see when into the hyperbolic time chamber for her training. Do you guys think it has aged her or not?

Also are her other issues still coming out every two weeks?
    Last edited by WonderNight; 10-22-2021 at 08:05 PM.

Time will tell but by your reasoning nubia is in her year one for wonder woman also.