Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Yara Flor Appreciation 2021

At the end of the year, all Appreciation threads are closed and new threads for the coming year are put in place.

Appreciation threads are for just that - Appreciation. Not for debate, not for slamming and not for bringing other characters down by comparison.

This thread is for the Appreciation of the new Wonder Girl and future Wonder Woman, Yara Flor!

Commence appreciating!

Gaelforce
    WW Moderator
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Default Yara Flor Appreciation 2021

I think Yara could be the character of 2021. I personally believe she is off to a really strong start in Future State: Wonder Woman.

Appreciate the swiftness of this thread. Still hoping for at least a backup story come April/May.

Happy New Year to Yara .

DD525506-A983-4C06-B888-C912D8ED018E.jpg

Very excited to meet Yara!

Happy New Year! It's finally Yara's moment and I can't wait!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Preview pages!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm looking up Brazilian dragons and the first hit is this
    "Boitatá, Brazilian, the name comes from the Old Tupi language and means "fiery serpent" (mboî tatá). Its great fiery eyes leave it almost blind by day, but by night, it can see everything. According to legend, Boi-tatá one was a big serpent which survived a great deluge."
    Don't know if it's that one

Crazy fun first issue! I love Yara’s personality, the touches of humor were great and Joelle’s art is just stunning. A+!

It reminds me of Percy Jackson.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm looking up Brazilian dragons and the first hit is this
    "Boitatá, Brazilian, the name comes from the Old Tupi language and means "fiery serpent" (mboî tatá). Its great fiery eyes leave it almost blind by day, but by night, it can see everything. According to legend, Boi-tatá one was a big serpent which survived a great deluge."
    Don't know if it's that one
    That in the preview is actually a Hydra.
    But Yara talks about the Boitatá in today's issue. Boitatá is not a dragon tho. The only dragon i could find in our folklore as Caramuru but he also just looks like a big serpent.

Anyways, i really liked this first issue, tons of fun from beginning to end. The underworld reminded me of Yuyu Hakusho a litte bit.

Caipora is also a myth from our folklore, she was cute too.

But man! Yara looks beautiful all through this issue! Joelle Jones art is incredible.

I loved it so much! I loves the references of brazilian mythology and the way different mythologies were mixed. I looooved Yara's personality, the art is beautiful and the story is compelling and fast! I just loved it.

The issue was loads of fun. When Yara started yelling spoilers:
    Jerry I did not expect the horse, lol.
    end of spoilers Her character is a refreshing take. The Wonder Girl image we've already seen really fits her.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    That in the preview is actually a Hydra.
    But Yara talks about the Boitatá in today's issue. Boitatá is not a dragon tho. The only dragon i could find in our folklore as Caramuru but he also just looks like a big serpent.

Anyways, i really liked this first issue, tons of fun from beginning to end. The underworld reminded me of Yuyu Hakusho a litte bit.

Caipora is also a myth from our folklore, she was cute too.

But man! Yara looks beautiful all through this issue! Joelle Jones art is incredible.

It was absolutely a feast for the eyes. Jordie Bellaire's colors complement it so well, too. Especially in the case of Caipora.

Speaking of Caipora, I can see Yara's and her relationship being one of the main points of the on-going or mini Yara is going to get.

Good, right. I was not expecting to be this captured by it, but it sold me on what FS could and should be. This is going to be a character to keep an eye on.
    And well done by the creative team. Really doing something with the idea of new generation. She’s not just a new character dressing up like Diana and playing with Diana’s toys in her toy box. No, we got a new character with familiar but new toys in a new toy box.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-05-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Yeah I honestly liked the first issue, you can tell that she’s kind of new at this and is a little aggressive but it’s still pretty fun. I don’t know anything about Brazil mythology so some things were lost on me but I feel like it’s still a decent mix on certain mythology.

I think it’s a fun start and I can’t wait for more.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.