Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Cool little intro for Yara in IF #0.

Just one thing, we don't say "Queijo" before taking a picture here in Brazil. 🤣
    We say "Xiiiis" because it's the same sound to us compared to when y'all say "Cheese".
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Cool little intro for Yara in IF #0.

Just one thing, we don't say "Queijo" before taking a picture here in Brazil. 🤣
    We say "Xiiiis" because it's the same sound to us compared to when y'all say "Cheese".
    LOL this was a funny one. They should pay comeone to consult on this, they are getting so many things wrong

Writer could just google it, first result has the answer
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-02-2021 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    LOL this was a funny one. They should pay comeone to consult on this, they are getting so many things wrong

Writer could just google it, first result has the answer
    Since Yara has never been to Brazil, it makes sense she wouldn't know the proper saying.

They should still get a Brazilian consultant though, especially when she actually arrives in Brazil.

Alright so do we think Yara is going to get her own villains or is she just going to go up against the usual Diana villains?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so do we think Yara is going to get her own villains or is she just going to go up against the usual Diana villains?
    She'll get her own villain, she already has separate mythology and supporting characters.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Totally her own villains with some Diana ones sprinkled in...mainly gods. But Im sure there will be more thought put into hers than have been put in Di's for the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Since Yara has never been to Brazil, it makes sense she wouldn't know the proper saying.

They should still get a Brazilian consultant though, especially when she actually arrives in Brazil.
    Even never been to Brazil (so she isn't brazilain like it was advertised), impossible that she never had contact with it before.

If she said cheese it would somehow correted , because it is the sound of the X on portuguese.

Hopefully both but I could see the latter happening just with a new design. Diana's got 100+villians so she could spare a few.

In general I enjoyed her future state solo and I'm looking forward to her upcoming Wonder Girl miniseries. She's actually the best character to come out of Future State despite Tim Fox from the Next Batman. Unfortunately every other new character fizzled out. Jon was underwhelming outside of Future State and FS just kept that tradition going.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-05-2021 at 01:52 PM.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    ooooo cool cover

ooooo cool cover
    Indeed, it is visually very nice.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I hope her and Diana have an actual mentor/student relationship in her Wonder Girl ongoing. I know she's supposed to be in her own world kinda but Diana having a spunky teenager to mentor is fun.

Also have her and Cassie be friends pleeeease they would get along so well.
    Nubia will be her mentor in Wonder Girl ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by ExoPink View Post
    Well I'm glad Nubia is getting more attention. I'm hoping Diana won't be left out of the loop though.

Mighty Member

Definitively some own villains, it's even for DC a too low hanging fruit to not doing it, with other pantheons and mythologies.

Quote Originally Posted by ExoPink View Post
    When did we learn this?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.