Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Looking forward to this "re-introduction" and what Jones will be able to do with more time/page count.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

WONDER GIRL #1
    Written by: Joelle Jones | Art by: Joelle Jones | Card stock variant cover by: Bilquis Evely | Teams card stock variant cover by: Rafael Grampa (minimum order 250 copies) | 1:25 variant cover by: J. Scott Campbell | Blank variant cover | On sale: 5/18/21 | $3.99 US | 32 pages | FC | DC | CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $4.99 US

The story of Yara Flor starts here!

Raised in the faroff land of Boise, Idaho, Yara Flor has always felt something was missing from her life—and now she is headed to Brazil to find it. Little does she know her arrival will set off a series of events that will change the world of Wonder Woman forever. Her return has been prophesied, and with that prophecy comes the undivided attention of benevolent gods from pantheons beyond. Danger lurks around every corner—but is this young hero ready for her journey? Find out in a debut issue you absolutely cannot miss!

Spinning out of the bestselling Future State: Wonder Woman, acclaimed writer/artist Joëlle Jones makes a triumphant return to the character to officially introduce her into the DC Universe. You think you know Wonder Girl, but you have never seen her like this!
    I guess Jones figured she couldn't improve on perfection as far as the costume (which makes me wonder if the TV show will pull it off).

A leotard supersuit doesn't work too well for live action. They'll probably change it up if ordered to series.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    A leotard supersuit doesn't work too well for live action. They'll probably change it up if ordered to series.
    I disagree, that costume is the best thing about Yara Flor so far. They'd be fools to change it.

I guess they could make the boots longer/add tights so her thighs aren't exposed. Kind of like how they did Supergirl's costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess they could make the boots longer/add tights so her thighs aren't exposed. Kind of like how they did Supergirl's costume.
    And this version of animated Wonder Woman:

Seems the show has not been picked up?
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    And this version of animated Wonder Woman:

Maybe without the thigh-gap, not that I mind it, but close.

Yeah, they drop her CW series.
    What a shame.

So some sad news. For all of those asking, Wonder Girl is not getting picked up at the CW. I was very proud of the script I wrote. Wish I could’ve shared the world I created, but unfortunately it wasn’t meant to be. Thanks for everyone’s enthusiasm. It meant a lot to me.
    https://twitter.com/dailynrod/status...24356354629633

Well, looks like i can keep just not seeing CW shows.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Tbh it was for the best. CW shows just... Aren't good. The next best chance is HBO max possibly picking it up, I suppose

Yeah wtf? How do they just announce a show so soon and then not pick it up? I do hope HBO MAX gets it but I doubt it. This seemed like a perfect pit for CW, but kind of a random pick for HBO MAX. Probably won't happen

Although Doom Patrol was an even more unexpected choice by HBO MAX (and turned out to be the best live action superhero show).

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Hmm, maybe if they added segmented skirt pieces on the sides, for a bit of a different look.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yeah wtf? How do they just announce a show so soon and then not pick it up? I do hope HBO MAX gets it but I doubt it. This seemed like a perfect pit for CW, but kind of a random pick for HBO MAX. Probably won't happen
    This is the normal process, I guess someone leaked news that it was being made to get some hype to better pass the pilot process but don't shows get full series order all the time. I love the CW shows for what they were but I am happy that this didn't make through I much rather these things end up on HBO max or some other streamer where they get a bigger budget and fewer episodes for quality control. The Superman show with HBO involvement looks so much better you can't help but wonder what if it was there full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This is the normal process, I guess someone leaked news that it was being made to get some hype to better pass the pilot process but don't shows get full series order all the time. I love the CW shows for what they were but I am happy that this didn't make through I much rather these things end up on HBO max or some other streamer where they get a bigger budget and fewer episodes for quality control. The Superman show with HBO involvement looks so much better you can't help but wonder what if it was there full time.
    It wasn't leaked, they had a big article announcing the show and even had a promotional picture drawn by Joelle Jones.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Yeah, that same article is also how we originally found out about the Wonder Girl comic that was just solicited.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Although Doom Patrol was an even more unexpected choice by HBO MAX (and turned out to be the best live action superhero show).
    Don't you mean DC Universe? It only became a HBO Max show in season 2.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman