Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    They didn't announce the show, media outlets announced that a Wonder Girl show was in the works at the CW, it wasn't ever specified how far in the process it was tho, but it sound like Wonder Girl was going through the whole process i.e pitch, pilot, series order, and that it wasn't a straight to series type of thing like that Lois and Clark show.

From the tweet, it sounds like the CW didn't like the script enough to give it a pilot order although I'm sure other factors were at play.
    Yes, but for them to actually announce that they were developing a show based on a character that hadn't seen publication yet, it means they had some surprising interest in the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yes, but for them to actually announce that they were developing a show based on a character that hadn't seen publication yet, it means they had some surprising interest in the idea.
    The CW didn't announce anything, media trades did and they do this stuff all the time, Yara's announcement is no different, even tho the character hadn't seen publication at the time of this news, networks (and streaming services) have interests in ideas so that makes Yara's situation similar to most tv and movies where it's a blank slate even if that's usually not the case for comic characters.

I still think a Wonder Girl show focused on Yara is still a possibility but how fast that happens idk, I do see her having a fast live action appearance and the possibilities for that are endless.

I'm glad to see that she's getting a comic and that she was even being looked at for a live action adaptation.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

That video was straight up garbage. Why the heck did you post it here? Who finds 11 minutes of lame jokes about her ass entertaining? I thought it was gonna be some interesting opinion piece about assymetrical suit design (which is something really unique about her) or how she combines different cultural aesthetics, not that trash.
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-14-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Like regardless of my own political and cultural values, that wasn't even funny.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I hate that video (it's just snarky trash, and reeks of misogyny and white supremacy BS), but the fact is that Yara is not popular.
    Someone at the higher levels of DC likes her (hence the way she is being pushed), but she still has not become a popular character.

Supremacy is a big word, but the way he talked about "Brazilian" repeatedly is quite stereotypical and annoying.

That video was straight up garbage. Why the heck did you post it here? Who finds 11 minutes of lame jokes about her ass entertaining? I thought it was gonna be some interesting opinion piece about assymetrical suit design (which is something really unique about her) or how she combines different cultural aesthetics, not that trash.
    I thought it amusing, but hey whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I hate that video (it's just snarky trash, and reeks of misogyny and white supremacy BS), but the fact is that Yara is not popular.
    Someone at the higher levels of DC likes her (hence the way she is being pushed), but she still has not become a popular character.
    I thought it was arguably sexist rather than white supremacist.

J/K, I think it is a joke video if in bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I thought it was arguably sexist rather than white supremacist.

J/K, I think it is a joke video if in bad taste.
    PS - As I posted in another thread.

Oh, and before anyone becomes overly upset about some aspects of the video I posted be aware I posted it for reasons of self-deprecation. While I'm a huge fan of Yara, I do recognize that much of her appeal (thus far as there isn't material out there yet) comes from her sexy look and flashy costume. Although, I would argue her bubbly personality also helps.

Ultimate Member

https://deadline.com/2020/11/wonder-...cw-1234616503/

The network is developing Wonder Girl, a drama series based on the DC characters created by Joëlle Jones. It hails from Queen of the South executive producer/co-showrunner Dailyn Rodriguez and Berlanti Productions.

Written by Rodriguez, Wonder Girl centers on Yara Flor, a Latina Dreamer who was born of an Amazonian Warrior and a Brazilian River God, learns that she is Wonder Girl. With her newfound power must fight the evil forces that would seek to destroy the world.
    This was in November 2020.

https://deadline.com/2021/01/pilot-s...ts-1234666959/

Like it did last year, I hear the network may go straight to series again on as many as four projects. Some of the buzziest projects that could get on that track may include the Greg Berlanti-produced Wonder Girl and another DC drama Ava DuVernay’s Naomi.
    Jan 2021

Finally the tweet saying the show was passed on.

I would suspect this was undone because Rodriguez's other show on USA is back running and they might be working on a new deal to keep her with Touchstone Tv. Warener in the mess they are in probably didn't want to get into a bidding war.

Extraordinary Member

I was going to say that the same things have been said about Power Girl....oh, wait, that guy has seen those comments too. Honestly, I mostly just nearly fell asleep listening. It could have been shorter. Say 25 seconds. That's all the time he needed to say what he wound up saying.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I agree with you about the video (it's something someone makes on house arrest after storming the Capital) but not about Yara Flor's popularity. Three printings of her first issue and the sheer amount of fan art, articles and youtube videos say differently. She's pretty popular, but beyond her costume it's because she's a Wonder Woman with a sword, that can joke, be dishonest and far less than a paragon of virtue. She has similar mythological trappings but a freedom Diana doesn't have.

As soon as he spelled thick with a "c" I knew that video was garbage.

I finished the second issue and I loved it. It's a great two issue adventure story that reminds me a lot of Silver and Bronze Age stories. She reminds me a lot like the Silver Age WW, who was always ready for a challenge, no matter how imposing. Hopefully she can retain these traits as other writers work on her, because one of the problems I have with current WW is she varies so drastically from author to author.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut