Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Yeah, as much as I love Yara and can't wait to see more of her, I'm not a huge fan of the spot this leaves Cassie in. Donna will be fine as long as the Titans survive. She's always been more at home with them than she has with Diana. Cassie has been struggling like hell to stay relevant ever since the New 52, and Bendis' Young Justice didn't really do her any favors either. So with a new Wonder Girl on the scene her character has even less of a purpose than it already did.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah, as much as I love Yara and can't wait to see more of her, I'm not a huge fan of the spot this leaves Cassie in. Donna will be fine as long as the Titans survive. She's always been more at home with them than she has with Diana. Cassie has been struggling like hell to stay relevant ever since the New 52, and Bendis' Young Justice didn't really do her any favors either. So with a new Wonder Girl on the scene her character has even less of a purpose than it already did.
    I feel the same way.

Why does Yara need to be the new Wonder Girl or Wonder Woman. We had Cassie or Donna. There could easily be something to explain that. It's annoying.

I think Cassie would make for a good recurring character in Yara's book. The Wonder Girl comic will obviously going to focus on mythology, so including the daughter/granddaughter of Zeus who also used to be Wonder Girl seems like a non-brainer.
    I'd love if Cassie got to pick a new identity like Fury and helped Yara become confortable in the WG role.
    I don't think they should become regular partners, but recurring allies seems right.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Why does Yara need to be the new Wonder Girl or Wonder Woman. We had Cassie or Donna. There could easily be something to explain that. It's annoying.
    Both characters were made over a decade ago though.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Both characters were made over a decade ago though.
    By that logic, Diana shouldn't be Wonder Woman anymore.

To be clear, I have no issue with Yara as Wonder Girl.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-31-2021 at 11:22 PM.

Like I understand the argument but Yara coming into the picture in no way changes Cassies place in things.

Even before this all happened she wasn't actually showing up in things, as most writers do not show other Wonder characters popping up in Dianas book with that notable exception of Orlando.
    Cassie is simply on her way to becoming a character defined as being a member of Young Justice. Much like Donna is defined by being on the Teen Titans.

Not a fan of Yara i thin k she should've been created for the Legion of Super Heroes instead.just my thoughts.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Soon we will be getting 2 Wonder Women a month!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Indeed, great times ahead.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I just hope Yara isn't going to be forgotten about like Donna or Cassie. They had nothing to do with Diana until recently with Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I just hope Yara isn't going to be forgotten about like Donna or Cassie. They had nothing to do with Diana until recently with Donna.
    She'll be popular for the next few years atleast.

It all comes down to how much they wanna try pushing her. If DC advertises her well, it should have some legs.
    A better question is; if there are any issues with the upcoming run, whether editorial will replace the writer or what.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    And three once 'Nubia and the Amazons' comes out!

Gosh, I wonder if we will be getting one of those 'family book event' things that the Batbooks do so much...

It's just with how much more Donna is getting. You figured they would try to do the same with Cassie but I guess we get the Tim Drake syndrome. They weren't doing much with Tim and made Damian cannon. The same can be said with Cassie. Since she isn't doing anything might has well used a new character. But then again it's the fact they are lazy
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-13-2021 at 05:37 PM.