Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Eh, at this point you can only wait and hope. If Young Justice gets another book then shes a shoe in.

Until then.....Well she could still pop up in other things. We have three Wonder books coming this year on top of the Sensational digital first. Which is ALOT more than what Wonder Woman was getting prior to this.

Nubia went from being virtually a non figure in Wonder Womans mythos for fifty years to getting an OGN, and her own series.
    Grace Choi had been all but forgotten but is now making a comeback.
    Artemis after her five minutes of fame became a minor character in the Wonder Books until she was grabbed up for 'Red Hood and the Outlaws' and alongside Cassie shes being advertised as playing a part in the series to come.

Honestly its not like Donna is getting that much more than Cassie right now. Donna at present is one of twenty characters starring in the 'Titans Academy' book and isn't a central character in that title. But with all the positives that are coming Wonder Womans way the odds are good that we will see more of a push for her too.

Finally, I want to point out that Cassie could be in far worse positions.
    Peng Deilan got a cameo in Orlandos run but hasn't been seen since and likely wont show up in the foreseeable future.
    Maggie who was created in G Willow Wilsons run as a girl chosen by a magic sword to become one of the Amazons is standing on pretty shaky ground in terms of ever appearing again.
    Akila went from being a Bana-Mighdall Black Panther to a murderous ex of Artemis' who had to be put down.

Cassie is not going to just vanish into thin air just because Yara Flor has popped up and is making herself known. She vanished when that new 52 run of Teen Titans ended and wasn't seen for years before Bendis picked her up for Young Justice. Yara is in no way a direct threat to Cassies existence.

If anything the existence of a Wonder Girl book gives Cassie far better odds of being seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Not a fan of Yara i thin k she should've been created for the Legion of Super Heroes instead.just my thoughts.
    Why? Wonder Woman’s franchise lacks diversity and is the least diverse of the Big 6 franchises. Pretty obvious why Yara was added, and why Nubia is making her triumphant return
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Why? Wonder Woman’s franchise lacks diversity and is the least diverse of the Big 6 franchises. Pretty obvious why Yara was added, and why Nubia is making her triumphant return
    Isn't Superman's cast the least diverse?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

A lot of them dont have much and the ones they do have are all mainyl supporting characters that show up here and there. Etta Candy has been flip flopping between black/white, Phillipus is seen here and there.

Superman has John Irons that shows up here and there.

Batman has the Fox's, one that showed up here and there and one that has recently become a hero in a the last decade.

Aquaman has Black Manta and Kaldur. Used to have Lorena but she disappeared.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/04/22/dc...r-girl-may-18/

From this preview I am assuming that's Yara's biological mother, who looks a hell of a lot of Diana but maybe its just the head band.

Oh and preview for issue #3

Wonder Girl #3 arrives on July 20 with a main cover by Jones and Bellaire with a card stock variant cover by Matteo Scalera. Let the training commence! Now crowned Hera’s champion, Yara needs to start acting like one. Enter Eros, the goddess’s favorite grandson and god of love. Can Yara resist his charms long enough to master her unpredictable new powers? All the gods are watching…are you?

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Dang that's harsh.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/04/22/dc...r-girl-may-18/

From this preview I am assuming that's Yara's biological mother, who looks a hell of a lot of Diana but maybe its just the head band.

Oh and preview for issue #3

Wonder Girl #3 arrives on July 20 with a main cover by Jones and Bellaire with a card stock variant cover by Matteo Scalera. Let the training commence! Now crowned Hera’s champion, Yara needs to start acting like one. Enter Eros, the goddess’s favorite grandson and god of love. Can Yara resist his charms long enough to master her unpredictable new powers? All the gods are watching…are you?

Gorgeous, I might have a real pull list soon

Wait, she is going to be the champion of Hera?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Wait, she is going to be the champion of Hera?
    Ah'yup.

Hera is a little bit dead right now though, so maybe she left a note.

My prediction will be someone impersonating Hera

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    My prediction will be someone impersonating Hera
    Seconded, if I could afford to I’d bet it’s Circe.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The issue is more if they will stick. I don't have any hope has Dc has always drawn Diana new cast and just dumps them. Why should we have any hope in Yara when they have also gotten ride of many other characters so quickly before? Why not force on some characters of the past? They are always more quick to add someone than look for simple fixes like. Why not Cassie or heck Nubia for Wonder Woman. There was no reason to allow a new character to be Wonder Woman when there were already so many options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The issue is more if they will stick. I don't have any hope has Dc has always drawn Diana new cast and just dumps them. Why should we have any hope in Yara when they have also gotten ride of many other characters so quickly before? Why not force on some characters of the past? They are always more quick to add someone than look for simple fixes like. Why not Cassie or heck Nubia for Wonder Woman. There was no reason to allow a new character to be Wonder Woman when there were already so many options out there.
    Well Yara do what the others didn’t. Get her own title. Soon will Nubia.

But that's because Dc doesn't care plus it's only a mini series. Every wonder girl had their own mini series. If Dc cared they all would have had their mini series. So Yara gets to be the new girl until seh is milked dry. The Wonder Family is so disconnected because of editors. So if they don't get in the way the all family could have been together all this time. The same will go with Yara. This always happens. We shouldn't look at this has good thing rather has long waiting when is she going to be disconnected to the Wonder family.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    But that's because Dc doesn't care plus it's only a mini series. Every wonder girl had their own mini series. If Dc cared they all would have had their mini series. So Yara gets to be the new girl until seh is milked dry. The Wonder Family is so disconnected because of editors. So if they don't get in the way the all family could have been together all this time. The same will go with Yara. This always happens. We shouldn't look at this has good thing rather has long waiting when is she going to be disconnected to the Wonder family.
    Who said it was a mini series?