Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Does that mean she’s older than Cassie?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Does that mean she’s older than Cassie?
    im not sure if we know Cassies age at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Hopefully we’ll find out when she cameos in the book cuz it feels weird if they went in the same age range for some reason.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

I'm really disappointed that 1 issue in Yara seemingly already must have a love interest. And a male love interest at that. I know it's just speculation, but still Joelle really laid it in a bit thick. I really hope the two are just friends.
    https://www.cbr.com/dcs-future-wonde...ve-trevor/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    I'm really disappointed that 1 issue in Yara seemingly already must have a love interest. And a male love interest at that. I know it's just speculation, but still Joelle really laid it in a bit thick. I really hope the two are just friends.
    He looks kind of old for her.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'm going to assume Cassie is still around 16/17 given how she's drawn in her tiny cameo in WG #1. Id like her to be at least 20 by now.

On Reddit Joelle said Yara would have "love interestS", so while I certainly think attraction is implied with Joao I think Joelle plans to have her flirt around. Cool with me, and seems smarter for a character that can really do a lot to appeal to YA fans.

Im really bugged about her being possibly older than Cassie and holding the title Wonder girl. Just seems odd for her to be as old as mid 20s and going by that title. Its one thing if she started at 14/15 and still used the moniker, but early 20s?

Id rather she have her own title over being referred to as Brazillian Wonder girl. That, or let Cassie adopt a new identity.

I love a lot of the bat family, but I hope that page was just Joelle's favorite characters, and not an indication of who is appearing in the book. ..like come on.
    Last edited by jasmyneee; 05-22-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jasmyneee View Post
    On Reddit Joelle said Yara would have "love interestS", so while I certainly think attraction is implied with Joao I think Joelle plans to have her flirt around. Cool with me, and seems smarter for a character that can really do a lot to appeal to YA fans.

Im really bugged about her being possibly older than Cassie and holding the title Wonder girl. Just seems odd for her to be as old as mid 20s and going by that title. Its one thing if she started at 14/15 and still used the moniker, but early 20s?

Id rather she have her own title over being referred to as Brazillian Wonder girl. That, or let Cassie adopt a new identity.

I love a lot of the bat family, but I hope that page was just Joelle's favorite characters, and not an indication of who is appearing in the book. ..like come on.
    Like Britney Spears said back in the day "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman"

I just saw Yara as 18+ since she was traveling on her own. I saw her aunt as overprotective from how Yara makes her sound. So I didn't think she was someone who'd let a 15 year old travel on their own.

If CBR wants to ship Yara with the bus driver, go ahead.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-22-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

According to Bendis' last Young Justice series, Cassie is about college aged.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    According to Bendis' last Young Justice series, Cassie is about college aged.
    About College age...so 17 probably, at least at the time of that series. So she could be 18-20 range now if they want to age her up.

Extraordinary Member

cassie is the same age as tim and and bart

they are in a weird place
    they have been 17 more or less the last 20 years but their current designs have them all appear alot younger then their new52

we also have Jon kent about to leap into the role of Superman who is also 17, i would say Yara about that age

They are aging Kara up to 21 so they might be doing that with Cassie.

Edit: oh man, I wrote the same thing on two threads and didn’t realize it.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-23-2021 at 02:00 AM.

Whoever wrote this “article” read way too much into Yara’s interaction with Joćo & wildly mischaracterized Kevin, so I’d take what he said with a grain of salt. At least he admits what he wrote was all (wildly) speculative. Also, what’s disappointing about Yara having a male love interest?

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    Whoever wrote this “article” read way too much into Yara’s interaction with Joćo & wildly mischaracterized Kevin, so I’d take what he said with a grain of salt. At least he admits what he wrote was all (wildly) speculative. Also, what’s disappointing about Yara having a male love interest?
    Nothing. Having a love interest 1 issue into her own series is terrible though.

A woman really can't stand on her own without a man supporting her?