Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Wonder girl #5 - Yara stands alone as her world is torn apart!

After an unexpected betrayal that shakes Yara to her very core, she ventures out and finds the lost tribe of the Amazons…the Esquecida! Will a reunion with her lost sisters finally give Yara the answers she’s been looking for? Or is she now more lost than ever, as she ventures out to find those who wish to never be found?

the Esquecida?

the Esquecida...

The lost tribe of the Amazons…the Esquecida!

Heyyyy I like it!

Huh. The Forgotten. Makes perfect sense, lol.

I can’t wait to find out more about their history and how they managed to end up on a whole other continent!
    Last edited by Natamaxxx; 06-19-2021 at 03:50 AM. Reason: @*&#$ Auto-correct

Joelle Jones has been doing a phenomenal job, but if she's gonig to use the portuguese language, she really needs to study subject in grammar. The tribe should be called "Esquecidas". In this case, "Esquecida" only makes sense as an adjective.
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-19-2021 at 04:07 AM.

RCO037_1597750937.jpg

This is the last panel of Wonder Woman Annual #4. Is this Yara?
    This is the story where Diana visits Brazil and we find out that there is a secret amazonian tribe there, and then it ends with this panel of two girls playing in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    RCO037_1597750937.jpg

This is the last panel of Wonder Woman Annual #4. Is this Yara?
    This is the story where Diana visits Brazil and we find out that there is a secret amazonian tribe there, and then it ends with this panel of two girls playing in the sand.
    People had speculated when this annual came out. But since she is in her twenties i don't think it fits the timeline all that well.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Not to mention the fact that it turns out she was raised in the United States.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Seems like a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    the Esquecida?

the Esquecida...

The lost tribe of the Amazons…the Esquecida!

Heyyyy I like it!
    Solicits for #5, but ish 2 is late by two weeks? * sigh*

Joelle Jones has been doing a phenomenal job, but if she's gonig to use the portuguese language, she really needs to study subject in grammar. The tribe should be called "Esquecidas". In this case, "Esquecida" only makes sense as an adjective.
    It can kind of work if they mean "Tribo Esquecida". But Esquecidas would work better, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It can kind of work if they mean "Tribo Esquecida". But Esquecidas would work better, I agree.
    Yeah in that case it would be an adjective rather than a name. Since it's not how they are using it, it doesn't work in the singular form.

Yeah in that case it would be an adjective rather than a name. Since it's not how they are using it, it doesn't work in the singular form.
    Mistakes are bound to happen when it comes to portuguese in this book, it already happened in FS Superman\Wonder Woman with some weird stuff that didn't made any sense.

I can't to fault her all that much in this case.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Mistakes are bound to happen when it comes to portuguese in this book, it already happened in FS Superman\Wonder Woman with some weird stuff that didn't made any sense.

I can't to fault her all that much in this case.
    Yeah, the only problem is just that it seems to be the name of tribe even in the solicits. If it was just a detail in a panel I wouldn't care much about it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Word of God (i.e. her writer in an AMA) is that she's early 20s. That makes her a few years older than Jon, who is 17. Jon may be about to take over as Superman, but he's still a teenager, and Yara apparently is not.

At the present time, a secondary JLA team would make the most sense. The only reason the main JL team doesn't is because Hippolyta's already on the roster.
    So she is the same age as cassie

That's not the only thing that bothers me about this book. It seems like, with every cover, Yara looks more and more like a white woman with a tan. What happened to DC's attempt to making Yara look authentically indigenous Brazilian?

I admit I hadn't noticed but it's true. Her lips are smaller and nose is leaner.