Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Ugh, so now we are going to have 3 failed Wonder Girls, great.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Ugh, so now we are going to have 3 failed Wonder Girls, great.
    It’s a slight delay in comics, it’s not that bad. I think we have all seen worse delays so let’s just get through this one without the hyperbole.

With that in mind on a more positive note, with Diana returning to earth in issue 780 it looks like I hope we do get to see that eventual meeting between her and Yara. Should be interesting.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I have to stay on the pessimistic side here too. A brand new character getting this type of inconsistency in the very first issues of her book, doesn't spell out success. The hype dies very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I have to stay on the pessimistic side here too. A brand new character getting this type of inconsistency in the very first issues of her book, doesn't spell out success. The hype dies very fast.
    I’d only agree if we see a series of continuous delays. We haven’t reached a Shazam or Doomsday Clock level situation yet
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

WONDER GIRL #7
    Written by JOËLLE JONES
    Art by LEILA DEL DUCA
    Cover by MATTEO SCALERA
    Variant cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    $3.99 US | 32 PGS | $4.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 11/23/21

After locating the first of her lost sisters, Potira, Yara starts to feel whole for the first time in her life. Now she must race against the clock to reunite her tribe as they seek revenge on those who tore them apart in the first place. The gods be damned, these Amazons are ready to take back their story!

That cover. Yara really is a grown woman .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    That cover. Yara really is a grown woman .
    I thought she was 16?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I thought she was 16?
    Jones said she's early 20's
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I hope we have all three Wonder Girls soon. Because Dc can't keep replacing because of their stupid actions. They can't keep using these characters and not have them meet. They have done great damage has a whole to Wonder Woman and only slowly fixing. Due to Editorial issues that should have been fixed a long time ago. The only way to have them ever be together is if it's not even in the main universe.

OVerall I don't have a good feeling Yara will last long in Wonder Woman family. Look at how many times Dc gave her villians to other characters or them treating Steve like he isn't capable. They don't know what to do. What comes after is a mystery and I don't think even Dc knows. We got Donna in only two media, Live action and barely in YJ.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-17-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Yara is apparently getting a funko pop in October.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/funko-...ock-spongebob/
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-18-2021 at 10:21 AM.
    Words to live by.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/20/dc...wonder-girl-3/

Preview for issue 3 is out, looks like fantasy shenanigans and romance are in bound. Also looks like we get to finally meet the crocodile woman.
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Preview for issue 3 is out, looks like fantasy shenanigans and romance are in bound. Also looks like we get to finally meet the crocodile woman.
    It looks great but kinda a double edged sword because we know Adrianna Melo is also filling in for some of the issue. I like Melo but I prefer Jones. Still, cool looking fantastical creatures and that Croc Lady giving me cantankerous older woman vibe with her "Ms. Yara Flor" haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    It looks great but kinda a double edged sword because we know Adrianna Melo is also filling in for some of the issue. I like Melo but I prefer Jones. Still, cool looking fantastical creatures and that Croc Lady giving me cantankerous older woman vibe with her "Ms. Yara Flor" haha.
    Yeah it’s very fun, I hope they explain who that Croc Lady and what toes she has with Yara. My only question is what is the giant snake thing trying to kill Eros?
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Jones said she's early 20's
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

I thought she was a teenager, so it was a bit unexpected seeing her make out with a guy that looks 30, but if Yara is supposed to be in her 20s I guess that is fine. I always thought she was meant to be a teen character though.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I thought she was a teenager, so it was a bit unexpected seeing her make out with a guy that looks 30, but if Yara is supposed to be in her 20s I guess that is fine. I always thought she was meant to be a teen character though.
    People expect her to be a teenager because of jon and damian. But yara is closer to donna in age