Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

It be a poor moove to backtrack on Yara to focus on a Caucasian wondergirl. Just get use to her she is Proably not going anywhere.

She's here to stay.

YARA JJ12.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    She's here to stay.

YARA JJ12.jpg
    I love this stuff! I wonder how many drafts of Yara’s costume there were before Jones settled on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    I love this stuff! I wonder how many drafts of Yara’s costume there were before Jones settled on this one.
    I think she said she made close to 20 sketches or something? (IIRC)
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 09-02-2021 at 06:42 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Incredible Member

It's just a greaaaaat design. Asymmetrical, great colors, and her facial expressions and body language sell it. Thank you Miss Joelle Jones for bringing us this cool new character. Interesting how DC reached out to Brazilian creatives and, apparently, they passed on it. I'm curious as to what could have been but I'm also loving what we're getting and Jones seems like she's doing her best to be culturally sensitive.

Can't wait for Yara and our girl Diana to finally meet!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

All of the designs we've seen thus far have been really strong. Im sad to see them go to waste. Give one of them to Cassie cause I hate her current look to death.

[QUOTE=Primal Slayer;5713943]All of the designs we've seen thus far have been really strong. Im sad to see them go to waste. Give one of them to Cassie cause I hate her current look to death.

The first one definitely states “Wonder Girl”. It looks very much like what a teenage superhero might wear. Maybe they’ll find a way to sneak it in..? If Yara is the future Wonder Woman, then who is her Wonder Girl?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Given that Cassie isnt allowed to grow up, she just takes back the title once Yara is done with it lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Given that Cassie isnt allowed to grow up, she just takes back the title once Yara is done with it lol
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Yara instead of Cassie gets a new codename in the future. Yara doesn't need to be connected to Wonder Woman. She can stand on her own. Given that Brazil has the biggest DC fanbase, DC should just create a Brazilian superhero team and add Yara to the team. It will allow Yara to grow as a character.

She’ll get a new code name alright: Wonder Woman. She was created specifically to be Wonder Woman just like Jace. Just like Supes and Bats, Wonder Woman will be a co-shared mantle between Diana and Yara.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That would almost be funny. Yara grows up to be Wonder Woman, yet Cassie is still a teenage sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She’ll get a new code name alright: Wonder Woman. She was created specifically to be Wonder Woman just like Jace. Just like Supes and Bats, Wonder Woman will be a co-shared mantle between Diana and Yara.
    I feel like it was smarter to just build her up as a new Wonder Girl (sorry Cassie) but what do I know?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like it was smarter to just build her up as a new Wonder Girl (sorry Cassie) but what do I know?
    I think it's complicated by her first appearance being in Future State.

I thought Nubia was going to be the next Wonder Woman?

It would be strange to have her be Wonder Woman when they are spending all this time marketing her as Wonder Girl. Plus Wonder Girl is a more malleable identity and Wonder Woman is far too synonymous with Diana I think. I dunno. Overall I think they might have made a misstep in having Yara already be an adult in her 20s instead of a teenager. Like I think they could have pushed her in a similar way to how Marvel pushed the new Ms Marvel in Kamala Khan which was a big success. I do get that Future State complicated things as she was created for that story and it was already going to be set in the future where she would be older, and maybe that TV show they pitched for her had her as an adult as well so they might have been writing her to match what the TV show would have been like age wise too.