Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I thought Nubia was going to be the next Wonder Woman?
    No? She was in the backups for FS and is getting a mini while Yara was the main feature and has an ongoing. It’s clear which one was more prominent.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No? She was in the backups for FS and is getting a mini while Yara was the main feature and has an ongoing. It’s clear which one was more prominent.
    Didn't dc say that nubia would be yara' mentor? I don't think dc would spend all this energy on yara as wonder girl just to have her become wonder woman out of the blue. I believe yara will be wonder girl and nubia wonder woman.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I think the character is doing as well as she is because she's fun and has a creative team that sees potential in the character they may not see in others motivating them to tell the best stories possible.

I think it's really as simple as that.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Didn't dc say that nubia would be yara' mentor? I don't think dc would spend all this energy on yara as wonder girl just to have her become wonder woman out of the blue. I believe yara will be wonder girl and nubia wonder woman.
    No, not that I remember. And DC probably made Yara WG to coincide with that CW Wonder Girl show. Now that isn’t happening anymore, I expect her to get bumped up to WW soon. Jon is Superman and Jace is Batman, Yara is definitely going to be joining them soon, Nubia isn’t part of that Trinity. Yara’s sales have been extremely impressive, I do not expect Nubia to match that or even Diana’s, which I do not think DC does either, hence Nubia being Queen of the Amazons and just getting a mini.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No, not that I remember. And DC probably made Yara WG to coincide with that CW Wonder Girl show. Now that isn’t happening anymore, I expect her to get bumped up to WW soon. Jon is Superman and Jace is Batman, Yara is definitely going to be joining them soon, Nubia isn’t part of that Trinity. Yara’s sales have been extremely impressive, I do not expect Nubia to match that or even Diana’s, which I do not think DC does either, hence Nubia being Queen of the Amazons and just getting a mini.
    Speaking of sales numbers, I can only find the numbers for issue one. Anyone know the numbers for issue 2 and 3?
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Speaking of sales numbers, I can only find the numbers for issue one. Anyone know the numbers for issue 2 and 3?
    Only for issue two. Too early for the numbers of issue three.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yara is selling really well, DC need to get their **** together instead of letting her hype died down.

Issue #2 sold around 53,000 units fisicaly.
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-07.html
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Only for issue two. Too early for the numbers of issue three.
    Ah, yeah I figured it out. I was aware they mixed in lunar with diamond. That's an amazing number!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.

Incredible Member

I am slightly concerned that because the television series got canned that DC will start losing interest in the character. It’s very, very difficult to get a new character up to Trinity levels of name recognition and potential profitability. It takes a mix of clicking with the audience and the publisher supporting them long term. Arguably the only new character they’ve produced in recent decades up to that level is Harley Quinn. It seems to me with both the big two it’s all about creating and maintaining IPs. And if a new character isn’t deemed to be growing enough or look to have potential in their other media arms then they get discarded and never heard of again.
    Last edited by Top Hat; 09-08-2021 at 09:27 AM.

She’s selling 50 thousand a book. They’re not loosing interest.

And Harley Quinn wasn’t an overnight sensation. She was just a side character that gained traction due to being a liked character in a beloved animated series. I’d say she didn’t really get big until the Arkham Games.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

While sales of first two issues are encouraging the main problem now is delays between issues. They can easily kill the momentum.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    She’s selling 50 thousand a book. They’re not loosing interest.

And Harley Quinn wasn’t an overnight sensation. She was just a side character that gained traction due to being a liked character in a beloved animated series. I’d say she didn’t really get big until the Arkham Games.
    50k for 2 issues. That's a lot different from 5-10 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    While sales of first two issues are encouraging the main problem now is delays between issues. They can easily kill the momentum.
    Yeah go too long between issues and people won’t care. See: Doomsday Clock.

Extraordinary Member

is book 4 delayed

Looks like no Wonder Girl in December? Unless everything is getting pushed and 7 is in December.
    Pulls:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Looks like no Wonder Girl in December? Unless everything is getting pushed and 7 is in December.
    Yep, #7 is in December..

Wonder Girl #4 - October 12
    Wonder Girl #5 - November 9
    Wonder Girl #6 - November 23
    Wonder Girl #7 - December 7