Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Seems like. An invasion of some kind, that I suppose unites the three tribes?
    Yeah if some stuff may or may not happen in the present day I could totally see this hinting at a big invasion of Themyscira. Especially with Yara appearing, Diana missing, and Hippolyta joining the Justice League.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The art was good. I feel like this story needed a 3rd issue maybe to give her more time on the story. I feel like it was a bit rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    The art was good. I feel like this story needed a 3rd issue maybe to give her more time on the story. I feel like it was a bit rushed.
    For as much as I like them, and I do enjoy them, Yara and Jace Fox have the same problem right now. We are seeing them right now as they will be in the future where they have officially established themselves as Wonder Woman and Batman, we see them in media res and around the top of their game. The problem that creates though is we don’t really have any context for the characters or their background and how they got to where they are, they just are the way they are and we have to see how they compare to Diana and Bruce. The only reason I can think of why they did that of course is that they know that there is more coming in Infinite Frontier, where Yara will be introduced in the present and Jace gets his origin digital series. Now I think that helps and I’m excited for them but it doesn’t exactly help now does it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The story was a tad poorly paced (it needed more space/time and context to fully be actualized, IMO), but overall everything was solid including the great artwork and adequate characterization.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-02-2021 at 09:11 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Present day Yara in March's Infinite Frontier #0:

"That's her." "We have located the target."

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...65666885050379

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Hell yeah!
    I thought it would take longer to see her in present day.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

This looks great, but um...”target”? That sure does not sound like Diana or even the Spectre so that can’t be good. I’m assuming plays into whatever attacks Themyscira in Future State.
    Words to live by.

There’s a Wonder Woman story that features Yara and Nubia in infinite frontier on March 2nd by Becky Cloonan and Michael Conrad. Could be apart of it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    There’s a Wonder Woman story that features Yara and Nubia in infinite frontier on March 2nd by Becky Cloonan and Michael Conrad. Could be apart of it.
    Think that was actually misreported originally and it's gunna end up being two different stories, as the Cloonan/Conrad story has art by Alitha Martinez and the above clearly seems to be by Joelle Jones.
    Last edited by Hypo; 02-03-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Wonder Girl #1 by Joelle Jones coming in May: https://www.polygon.com/comics/2021/...n-cw-brazilian

I thought issue 2 was a decent wrap-up. Both Yara's story and Swamp Thing feel pretty separate from Future State. They don't feel like they need Future State to happen. So I think that would help her in the long run.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-03-2021 at 09:06 AM.

So this is her Wonder Girl design?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Wonder Girl #1 by Joelle Jones coming in May: https://www.polygon.com/comics/2021/...n-cw-brazilian
    Not surprised by the May release, by the time May solicitations come out we will be closer then ever to the Infinite Frontier issue, and I had a feeling we’d only begin to see more after that.
    Words to live by.

By the way the cover for #1 by Joelle Jones looks great.
    Words to live by.

Teen Yara looks great .
    This was a really great look at the conception of the character, I'm just a little concerned at the thought that her being more "relatable" than Diana will be used against Diana, and that her bola is apparently stronger and more useful than the Lasso of Truth.