Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wonder Girl #1 by Joelle Jones coming in May: https://www.polygon.com/comics/2021/...n-cw-brazilian
    "Yara’s place in Future State signals a significant editorial investment in a brand-new character, the kind of attention that could have kept Donna Troy and Cassie Sandsmark from becoming continuity relics."

Whew, harsh but true. DC has squandered Donna too much times and they don't seem to care. Cassie doesn't seem too damaged but DC went too long in doing nothing for her.

Yara has arguably already eclipsed them. If the CW show gets the right talent and energy put into the show shes going to get bigger from here.

However, I wouldn't let Cassie or Donna continue to falter. Now is the time for DC to start taking WE mythology seriously and start fixing them.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    "Yara’s place in Future State signals a significant editorial investment in a brand-new character, the kind of attention that could have kept Donna Troy and Cassie Sandsmark from becoming continuity relics."

Whew, harsh but true. DC has squandered Donna too much times and they don't seem to care. Cassie doesn't seem too damaged but DC went too long in doing nothing for her.

Yara has arguably already eclipsed them. If the CW show gets the right talent and energy put into the show shes going to get bigger from here.

However, I wouldn't let Cassie or Donna continue to falter. Now is the time for DC to start taking WE mythology seriously and start fixing them.
    At least Cassie might still have the Young Justice cartoon (and Donna has Titans if they ever bring her back).

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So this is her Wonder Girl design?
    She looks great.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least Cassie might still have the Young Justice cartoon (and Donna has Titans if they ever bring her back).
    Cassie as a c list protagonist in an ever growing cast...... she much like tim drake has a very small role in that show, one that might expire if executives ask Yara to be included in it too

Sure--I'll confess the Latina bg is an upsell for me. I've re-imagined the WW comic, with a Latina Etta Candy, a Texas cowgirl with the Golden Age Etta's personality. Yara is promising, and i hope the initial interest in her ethnicity brings some competent long-range editorial attention - at the very least, getting a WG, as semi-regular (every three or so issues) in the comic.

It's high time we got a Wonder Woman family, and I think Yara might spark the interest in building one.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-04-2021 at 12:05 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    There’s a Wonder Woman story that features Yara and Nubia in infinite frontier on March 2nd by Becky Cloonan and Michael Conrad. Could be apart of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Think that was actually misreported originally and it's gunna end up being two different stories, as the Cloonan/Conrad story has art by Alitha Martinez and the above clearly seems to be by Joelle Jones.
    Confirmed as two different stories:

Inside Infinite Frontier #0: The Next Era of the DC Universe Begins!
    • Wonder Woman by Becky Cloonan & Michael W. Conrad, Alitha Martinez & Mark Morales, Emilio Lopez
    • Wonder Girl by Joëlle Jones and Jordie Bellaire
    The artist on the Cloonan/Conrad story is drawing the Nubia story in Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I expect Cassie too on Titans sooner or later. Kon is already there, and Tim will appear in the upcoming season.

Ideally, there should be an additional WW team book to feature all the Wonder Women together: Diana, Donna, Cassie, Nubia, Yara, Artemis...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Confirmed as two different stories:

Inside Infinite Frontier #0: The Next Era of the DC Universe Begins!

The artist on the Cloonan/Conrad story is drawing the Nubia story in Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman.
    Thank you for this!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I expect Cassie too on Titans sooner or later. Kon is already there, and Tim will appear in the upcoming season.

Ideally, there should be an additional WW team book to feature all the Wonder Women together: Diana, Donna, Cassie, Nubia, Yara, Artemis...
    Given what we know about this upcoming season, I dont see it happening, though Idk why they dont just make a Teen Titans spin off with how many "teens" they have in this show now.

Cassie is a glorified guest star in YJ, I dont see that changing.

I like, not as strong as her adult costume but better than what the other WonderGirls ever got.

Teen Yara looks great .

This was a really great look at the conception of the character, I'm just a little concerned at the thought that her being more "relatable" than Diana will be used against Diana, and that her bola is apparently stronger and more useful than the Lasso of Truth.
    Now this....I feel is unnecessary. It feels a bit much that she is already a child of an Amazon and a God just like Diana currently is but now she has a VERY similar weapon that does everything that Dianas lasso can do AND MORE? So the only "unique" thing about Diana is that she is a Princess?

Pretty sure it's just old concept art for her Wonder Woman costume, not a Wonder Girl costume. I don't think they are going to change her costume for her Wonder Girl run.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Now this....I feel is unnecessary. It feels a bit much that she is already a child of an Amazon and a God just like Diana currently is but now she has a VERY similar weapon that does everything that Dianas lasso can do AND MORE? So the only "unique" thing about Diana is that she is a Princess?
    I think she said something about it controlling people, which I believe is what the lasso of truth did originally. I am totally opposed to Diana having that power so I don't see them giving Yara this as a good thing for Yara.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think she said something about it controlling people, which I believe is what the lasso of truth did originally. I am totally opposed to Diana having that power so I don't see them giving Yara this as a good thing for Yara.
    Yeah but it can compel them to tell the truth which is the Lassos BIG thing.

Wait, I thought this was the design for Yara's Wonder Girl...?

IMG_20201120_181425-1.jpg
    Last edited by rayray1127; 02-05-2021 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Mispelled

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    Wait, I thought this was the design for Yara's Wonder Girl...?

IMG_20201120_181425-1.jpg
    That was concept art in the Deadline story that announced her CW show/leaked her book - people assumed it would be the costume but it was never confirmed. Joelle Jones apparently put together 30 different costumes during the design phase for Yara so there's a lot of different looks floating around out there.