Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    That was concept art in the Deadline story that announced her CW show/leaked her book - people assumed it would be the costume but it was never confirmed. Joelle Jones apparently put together 30 different costumes during the design phase for Yara so there's a lot of different looks floating around out there.
    Oooooooh, gotcha! Thanks for the info! Personally I hope it's the one from earlier in the thread, I love that red!

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So this is her Wonder Girl design?
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Present day Yara in March's Infinite Frontier #0:

"That's her." "We have located the target."

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...65666885050379
    These are cute.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    These are cute.
    They are, but I love Joelle Jones' linework and economy. The airport rafters are just a series of arcs with V's on them and above Yara's head are two rectangular boxes with quickly drawn grids on them, but add the signage, plus the guy peeing on the wall and all together it's a living, breathing, real space with great composition.

Beautiful Yara is beautiful.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I expect Cassie too on Titans sooner or later. Kon is already there, and Tim will appear in the upcoming season.

Ideally, there should be an additional WW team book to feature all the Wonder Women together: Diana, Donna, Cassie, Nubia, Yara, Artemis...
    Why would they add another white girl when they could use Yara, especially since making hbomax global is important for the streaming service (Latin America in particular)
    If jason gets his spinoff, Kon might tag with him, since we know starfire wont those two plus Rose would make quite the outlaws.. The runaway cadmus experiment, and the daughter of deathstroke

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why would they add another white girl when they could use Yara, especially since making hbomax global is important for the streaming service (Latin America in particular)
    If jason gets his spinoff, Kon might tag with him, since we know starfire wont those two plus Rose would make quite the outlaws.. The runaway cadmus experiment, and the daughter of deathstroke
    Cause Yara isn't a Titan and already have her own series in production. I doubt it they'll use her in Titans.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yara will be on The CW. They will be fine adding Cassie if they want to.

Cassie as a c list protagonist in an ever growing cast...... she much like tim drake has a very small role in that show, one that might expire if executives ask Yara to be included in it too
    Considering the fact that there's actually a Wonder Girl show being developed for CW, and the fact she's not a Teen Titan (as far as we know anyway), her chances of being used in Titans on HBO Max is zero. Apart from the Flash and Batman, they're not going to have two live action versions of the same character at the same time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Cause Yara isn't a Titan and already have her own series in production. I doubt it they'll use her in Titans.
    Shazam wasn’t a titan until they made him one. Sounds like corporate synergy to me.

Shazam wasn’t a titan until they made him one. Sounds like corporate synergy to me.
    They ain't about to put the same characters in two different shows, especially shows running at the same time and with Yara being the protagonist of her own series.

What they can do is change something about Cassie. They did with Tim, might do with her too.

A incredible Yara fan art by Defendinisart!
    https://twitter.com/stevendefendini/...517313/photo/1

A incredible Yara fan art by Defendinisart!
    https://twitter.com/stevendefendini/...517313/photo/1

Question: How many squats does Yara do?

Answer: All the squats.

Beautiful Yara is beautiful.
    It might just be the cynic in me but I really hope DC does it's best to keep her this color and not slowly white wash her in the future.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    It might just be the cynic in me but I really hope DC does it's best to keep her this color and not slowly white wash her in the future.
    Same. That is also my wish for her tribe of Amazons. If they’re going to be an ongoing fixture in the DC Universe, I hope they’re aren’t suddenly probably white faces popping up where there needn’t be.

E3DD4E24-8567-4683-8C7A-BEB042F1CAEB.jpg
    Last edited by Natamaxxx; 02-10-2021 at 04:29 AM.

WONDER GIRL #1
    Written by: Joelle Jones | Art by: Joelle Jones | Card stock variant cover by: Bilquis Evely | Teams card stock variant cover by: Rafael Grampa (minimum order 250 copies) | 1:25 variant cover by: J. Scott Campbell | Blank variant cover | On sale: 5/18/21 | $3.99 US | 32 pages | FC | DC | CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $4.99 US

The story of Yara Flor starts here!

Raised in the faroff land of Boise, Idaho, Yara Flor has always felt something was missing from her life—and now she is headed to Brazil to find it. Little does she know her arrival will set off a series of events that will change the world of Wonder Woman forever. Her return has been prophesied, and with that prophecy comes the undivided attention of benevolent gods from pantheons beyond. Danger lurks around every corner—but is this young hero ready for her journey? Find out in a debut issue you absolutely cannot miss!

Spinning out of the bestselling Future State: Wonder Woman, acclaimed writer/artist Joëlle Jones makes a triumphant return to the character to officially introduce her into the DC Universe. You think you know Wonder Girl, but you have never seen her like this!