Wonder Fam by Dexter Soy:

Don't know who drew this but it looks awesome:

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Don't know who drew this but it looks awesome:

Its the Adam Kubert variant for WW #1

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Wonder Fam by Dexter Soy:

That Cassie look is much better than her casual looks that DC gives her. It's right mix of athletic and superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Can we agree, for sake of argument, that there really is no Wonder Woman family?

Since Diana and her friends are essentially homeless, ..having no iconic BO, homestead, city or organization, in which they all belong to or reside in, there really is no hero family or Team Diana, here. With Washington, DC, ..Georgetown (a DC district), ..Ocean City, ..the Amazons, ..ARGUS and the Olympian gods - now, DC's Asgardians - established in the Wonderverse, none of the supporting characters are consistently affiliated, with any of the previously mentioned.

Wonder Woman, Etta Candy, Col. Steve, Donna Troy, Artemis, I Ching, Maggie, Queen Desira, Hercules, Achilles, Ferdinand - where do any of these people live? Seriously? Where?

Some of you will argue, "Wonder Woman doesn't need a family, house or to sleep in a bed ..or hang out, somewhere! She's not like other superheroes. Leave us alone, Mel." We understand all of that. Let the charge stand, anyway, for sake of conversation - there is no real Wonder family, anymore.

We have no Wonder Woman family, as I see it. DC editors IC - presently Marie Javins - will not permit the creation of one.
    Well, that came out all wrong.

People living with homelessness are not transient, Americana stereotypes - train-jumping hobos - or people, without families. Homeless people live in the same cities, towns, etc, ..as do people, living in houses and condos. Casually referring to the pseudo-family Wonder Family to people, surviving homelessness, was all kinds of wrong.

That said, I think Cloonrad & Co are building a family out of the Wonderverse characters and inviting future writers to develop them - teaming them up and stuff. I think it would HELP tremendously, if they had a few iconic locales to frequent, ..even if they didn't include residential structures, where Diana's NEW Army and the costumed Wonders lived or worked.

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-18-2022 at 11:54 PM. Reason: graphic
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Bring back these moments ASAP please

I just added the big guy, on the far left of this Wonder Woman family collage...

To honor our big guy, the amazing Mr. George Perez (1954 - 2022). Initially, I was discouraged from doing so, by fan-hatred for this controversial character, which never seems to be extended to Circe or Harley Quinn. Admittedly, for a moment, I lost my nerve and left him off of the original version of this Wonder Family collage. In doing so, ..I completely forgot his relevance to our fan community and one of the most important themes of the Wonder Woman comic - that we can be responsible for each other.

Lucky for all of us, ..George 'the Titan' Perez never lost his nerve.

"For what you used Hercules to teach us all, about grace and responsibility, ..thank you, George." ⭐️

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-09-2022 at 02:25 PM. Reason: graphic
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I just added the big guy, on the far left of this Wonder Woman family collage...

To honor our big guy, the amazing Mr. George Perez (1954 - 2022). Initially, I was discouraged from doing so, by fan-hatred for this controversial character, which never seems to be extended to Circe or Harley Quinn...thank you, George." ⭐️

Queen Desira
    Asteria the Golden Warrior
    Prince Jason
    Queen Hippolyta
    Jumpa the Kanga
    Wonder Girl (Cassie)
    Fury II (Lyta Trevor)
    Fury (Helena Kosmatos)

[Bottom row...]
    Hercules
    Shim'Tar (Akila)
    Olympian (Achilles)
    Queen Nubia
    Wonder Woman
    Donna Troy
    Wonder Girl (Yara Flor)
    Requiem (Artemis)
    Siegfried of Asgard

This is the Wonder Woman Family, excluding full-time gods. Calculate the power sets, here - six, as powerful or nearly as powerful, as Donna Troy. Even without the guys, ..THIS is a pretty nasty bunch to run into, when you're gunning for Wonder Woman!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-10-2022 at 04:46 PM.

The rest are easy enough to figure, but some backstory on Achilles and especially Heracles please? Like, how they tie into the Wonderverse here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The rest are easy enough to figure, but some backstory on Achilles and especially Heracles please? Like, how they tie into the Wonderverse here.
    The story varies a bit based on the continuity...but generally:

Heracles/ Hercules deceived and imprisoned the Amazons to steal Hippolyta's magic Girdle ( aka Girdle of Gaea) as one of his Labors. The Goddesses gave the Amazons the power to free themselves from Heracles and his men. The Amazons then retreat to Paradise Island / Themyscira , hidden away from the Man's World until Diana becomes their chosen champion and emissary in the outside world.

The Ancient myth about Heracles and the Amazons was used as the inspiration/ starting point for Marston's version of the Amazons

Achilles is the only male character I'd like to see return as a member of the Wonder Family. He defies gender norms, while Hercules and Jason are just more of the same old archetype. Besides, Marvel already has its own heroic Hercules, so I don't see the point of another one. And Jason...well, he just sucks. Bad idea, bad execution, just bad all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Achilles was introduced in Gail Simone's run as the reincarnation of Achilles from mythology. He and other male heroes from the past were reincarnated (similar to how the Amazons were first created) to replace the Amazons by Zeus after Amazons Attack. Called themselves the Gargareans (an actual all-male tribe from Greek myth that interacted with the mythical Amazons).

Was something of an antagonist at first but pretty firmly moved over to Diana's side as the run went on.

Yeah Achilles was a good addition and shame he's been forgotten.