Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yeah Achilles was a good addition and shame he's been forgotten.

That just took Dumbo to a new level. lol

But thanks for the explanations on Achilles. Though for Heracles/Hercules, I was aware of his Greek myth and the 12 labors, but does he have any ties to the story beyond that? Other than a brief stint in Rebirth (if memory serves).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That just took Dumbo to a new level. lol

But thanks for the explanations on Achilles. Though for Heracles/Hercules, I was aware of his Greek myth and the 12 labors, but does he have any ties to the story beyond that? Other than a brief stint in Rebirth (if memory serves).
    He was a major part of Diana's Post-Crisis continuity. In Perez's run he repented for what he did to the Amazons and was forgiven by them. Then he was brought back in Byrne's run as more of an anti-hero and had this gross dubiously consensual flirtation with Diana. He was later brought back again in Heinberg's short run as a full-villain and ally of Circe (though I believe he was sort of absolved again in the Wonder Girl mini).

Not gonna lie: I always preferred the original Olympian [Global Guardians] and I always wanted him to share adventures with Diana: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/olympian/4005-6530/

Wonder Woman The Animated Series Concept by Femmes-Fatales
    https://www.deviantart.com/femmes-fa...cept-684560214

Yeah, the only male wonder fam members I'd be ok with is Olympian, Sargon the sorcerer (like fuck it, bring him back), Siggy, and Steve.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    He was a major part of Diana's Post-Crisis continuity. In Perez's run he repented for what he did to the Amazons and was forgiven by them. Then he was brought back in Byrne's run as more of an anti-hero and had this gross dubiously consensual flirtation with Diana. He was later brought back again in Heinberg's short run as a full-villain and ally of Circe (though I believe he was sort of absolved again in the Wonder Girl mini).
    Ah, one of those "he was supposed to be reformed, until he wasn't!" cliches.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Yeah, the only male wonder fam members I'd be ok with is Olympian, Sargon the sorcerer (like fuck it, bring him back), Siggy, and Steve.
    No love for Wonder Boy????

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Ah, one of those "he was supposed to be reformed, until he wasn't!" cliches.
    It was jarring initially and so gross with the loce spell thing. However he had that island on his back thousands of years by our measure. But given how time works on Themyscira who is to say he wasn't driven mad remembering that? Of course why he would go after Diana or her sisters for revenge rather than the deity that subjected him to that vile durance in the first place is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    It was jarring initially and so gross with the loce spell thing. However he had that island on his back thousands of years by our measure. But given how time works on Themyscira who is to say he wasn't driven mad remembering that? Of course why he would go after Diana or her sisters for revenge rather than the deity that subjected him to that vile durance in the first place is beyond me
    Well, he was imprisoned that way specifically because of what he did to the Amazons, so he probably feels it is their fault. Ironic, since the Amazons didn't even know he was imprisoned.

I'll be the first person to advocate for a wonder boy... done my way.

I'm the last person to push for more male members of the Wonder-fam but I desperately wish they'd kept Phil Jimenez's Wonder Boy. Would've been very cool to have the resident guy be a Black queer kid without any special parentage. Maybe they could've given him Cassie's gear after she got her powers from Zeus, but I suppose it's water under the bridge now.

Also big no to reformed Hercules please, probably the biggest misstep of Perez's run IMO.

LOL

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    LOL

What's funny to me is a number of these characters were either created in the same time period YJ formed or before...Ivy has been around since the sixties and Nubia since the 70s and Alan? C'mon chyall, homeboy's been around longer than most of us have been alive! I appreciate the number of Wonder characters on that page and the growth of queer characters at DC since the 90s. Could do with a lot more Batwoman, though.

LAZARUS PLANET: WE ONCE WERE GODS #1
    Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL, DAN WATTERS, PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON, and JOSIE CAMPBELL
    Art by FRANCIS MANAPUL, MAX DUNBAR, JACK HERBERT, and CAITLIN YARSKY

As the Lazarus rain beats down upon planet Earth, human beings are only a fraction of those affected by this transformative upheaval—enter: We Once Were Gods. This series of vignettes explores Lazarus Planet’s effects across the many extraordinary locations and creatures in the DC Universe, and like their human counterparts, these beings are in for some big changes. Can Themyscira survive the resurrection of every invading army that ever graced its shores? Will Martian Manhunter survive a psychic link to a Doomsday nest? What happens when the monsters from the Trench gain the ability to breathe air? And look out, Shazam Family…the Rock of Eternity is about to get rocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post

Looks interesting.