Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Guess it's too much to hope for, because it makes so much sense, but, I wish Etta and Mala were permanently established, as the WW comic's 'Man's World supporting cast'. It would mean that no matter what was going on in the comic, with Paradise Island or the gods, there would be something representing Diana's myth-inspired background, ..besides Diana, herself. It gives Diana a character to interact with, who understands her Amazon background and customs. Furthermore, it's easy to maintain, as Mala would become Diana's Alfred, so to speak, ..spending 99% of her time, at home.

Again...makes too much sense. Too easy. Never gonna' happen.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Guess it's too much to hope for, because it makes so much sense, but, I wish Etta and Mala were permanently established, as the WW comic's 'Man's World supporting cast'. It would mean that no matter what was going on in the comic, with Paradise Island or the gods, there would be something representing Diana's myth-inspired background, ..besides Diana, herself. It gives Diana a character to interact with, who understands her Amazon background and customs. Furthermore, it's easy to maintain, as Mala would become Diana's Alfred, so to speak, ..spending 99% of her time, at home.

Again...makes too much sense. Too easy. Never gonna' happen.
    Yeah, I wish Etta stayed as synonyms with the Diana/Wonder Woman comics as Alfred is with the Bruce/Batman comics.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Where is this from, please?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Hey! I think that's HERCULES standing between the white Gorilla Knight and the Olympian (Achilles)! That's great, an it makes sense, since Greg Rucka was homaging so much of George Lopez's historic reboot, in which Hercules was forgiven ..and pledged his strength and loyalty to the Amazons.

Love it! Can't believe I never noticed him there, and thank you so much for posting this.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-06-2021 at 11:26 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Where is this from, please?
    The last issue of Gail Simone’s run right before #600.

Hey! I think that's HERCULES standing between the white Gorilla Knight and the Olympian (Achilles)! That's great, an it makes sense, since Greg Rucka was homaging so much of George Lopez's historic reboot, in which Hercules was forgiven ..and pledged his strength and loyalty to the Amazons.

Love it! Can't believe I never noticed him there, and thank you so much for posting this.
    That’s just one of the Gargareans.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Do we qualify Fury from the Golden Age as part of the Family as well? Is Jason still considered part of this too, or was that all retconned?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Is Jason still considered part of this too, or was that all retconned?
    If we don't talk about it maybe everyone will just forget. Let's try

FF01DF0C-6C20-49D1-9EEE-C7352528F324.jpg. Heh
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    My cellphone's smart tech plugs in nonsense words, in place of what I'm typing, sometimes. Obviously, I was typing George Perez, in reference to his 1980s reboot and timely rehabbing of Hercules, as a heroic force in the Wonderverse.

He swears to Wonder Woman and the Amazons that his strength will be theirs, whenever they call upon it, ..and Hercules keeps his oath, in WOGs.

And before anyone goes there, keep in mind that the Amazons forgave and rehabbed a mass-murdering, human-experimenting Nazi, Paula Von Gunther...even made her their chief scientist. In the Azzarello run, we saw Diana forgive Hera for killing Hippolyta and turning the Amazons into snakes...became mortalized Hera's protectress. Comparatively, when fans refuse to accept Perez's rehabbed, heroic Hercules, it just reinforces negative stereotypes about women having no sense of accountability or self-governance. I think we should give a heroic Hercules a chance, if only because he's such a dumb (maybe, the dumbest), one-note supervillain, anyway.

Anyway, I think that was Hercules in Nicola Scott's Wonder Family portrait, at the end of one of Greg Rucka's landmark stories. George Perez showed us a Hercules, who honored his bond and stood with the Amazons in WOGs. Being properly a Wonder, he belongs in the family snapshot, and the man-hating (misandry) that keeps him locked outta' the Invisible Treehouse ..is totally not okay.

https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2021...ules-long.html
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-02-2021 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I love Steve realizing he's the only guy .