Half naked warriors? Interesting...

b569d964c671be68454ec0c82021ec26.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Is this real?Attachment 111447
    Yep! It went on sale on the 6th

Mel Milton

E8dGaiWXMAEKr3U.jpg

comicsky

Leandro Lorkalt's Wonder Man*, ..as Virbius Rex, mythical son of Queen Antiope and superheroic protector of Italy! Virbius (formerly 'Hippolytus') first appeared, as an infant prince, in Wonder Woman, Volume Two, Issue #33 (1989).

wonderman_devartlorkaltgr1.jpg

*Because of adult content, I cannot link to Leandro's art. You can reference him, on DeviantArt.com
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-15-2021 at 08:29 PM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Of course they deserve to be as popular though comparing Nubia to Nightwing? .....not really. That is more Donna. I'd probably equate Nubia to more of a Batgirl/Batwoman type. Starting off very solo and in/out of the family.

Wonder Woman - Batman
    Donna Troy - Nightwing
    Cassie - Robin
    Nubia - Batwoman
    Artemis - Red Hood
    Yara - Spoiler/Cassandra Cain
    Hippolyta - Alfred

W/Hippolyta she shouldnt be away from the Island that much and dealing with more Island politics/wars.

But that is just about enough Amazons that leave the Island, at least Themiscryian Amazons.

I know writers are to lazy but they need to make distinctions between the tribes as far as powers/immortality/etc..
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 09-26-2021 at 07:38 PM.

We feel the same way! It’s a constant refrain around here. Is the author someone who posts on this board? :-)

C6677A08-AB78-4222-ABCB-33608F936FE2.jpg

Well, of course. All DC characters are satellites around the Batman Sun. /s

7E7044B3-C5C9-456A-A505-874C01B905FA.jpg

It is patently ridiculous that Diana should have a “twin” and a “clone” as prominent members of the Wonder Family. Where is the effing creativity…??

ETA: That illustration referenced in the article of Diana and Nubia wearing identical costumes makes me want to hurl.
    Last edited by Largo161; 09-26-2021 at 08:30 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

The other issue also is the fact of editors not wanting Diana and her family to meet. So far she has had two twins Donna and Nubia. So the question now is what should their origins be. If anything if they ever being back the clay origin maybe Hippoltya and Phillpuss use their blood to make the twins and so Nubia of course is dark due to Phillpuss. Donna could be a girl saved

Right now Cassie and Donna are due to Titans and Young Justice

Before adding a Wonder Boy we need all the other wonder family. Another issue would be what about Jumpa should she be there? I mean if Krypto and Ace can still be there why not Jumpa
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-26-2021 at 08:16 PM.

The other issue also is the fact of editors not wanting Diana and her family to meet. So far she has had two twins Donna and Nubia. So the question now is what should their origins be. If anything if they ever being back the clay origin maybe Hippoltya and Phillpuss use their blood to make the twins and so Nubia of course is dark due to Phillpuss. Donna could be a girl saved

Right now Cassie and Donna are due to Titans and Young Justice

Before adding a Wonder Boy we need all the other wonder family. Another issue would be what about Jumpa should she be there? I mean if Krypto and Ace can still be there why not Jumpa
    Imo Donna should be a Titan raised by the Amazons as a child and it be the only life she really knows.

Nubia can go a lot of ways. Doesn't necessarily need to be Dianas twin. She can be Ares attempt at creating his own champion from the clay of Themiscryia. She could be Antiope's daughter blessed by the African Gods and later joining Diana on Themiscryia. She could be one of the top Amazons in general.

Cassie and Yara are demi goddesses except Cassies mother is a regular woman while Yara's is an Amazon.

Jumpa should remain on Themiscryia. A Kangaroo is not the same as a dog.

Wonder Woman Family, Ranked and Profiled

1) Wonder Woman, Immortal Amazon - Batman, Dark Knight
    2) Donna Troy, heir apparent - Nightwing, heir apparent
    3) Cassie, second or third Wonder Girl - Red Robin (Tim Drake), third Robin
    4) Artemis, renegade Wonder Woman - Huntress, renegade Batwoman
    5) Nubia, second Wonder Woman - Batwoman, second Batwoman
    6) Yara, hot, NEW Wonder Girl - perpetually hot, favorite Batgirl (Babs Gordon)
    7) Hippolyta, hero's counsel - Alfred, hero's counsel

The ranking, as I see it, is tricky, because it's something of a popularity contest, with fans, determined by who, among the family, is most frequently used in stories - circulation.

I think Yara is presently more equal to Babs Gordon's Batgirl and sharing a rank, between Tim Drake and Babs. For my money, Nubia would be the Bronze Tiger counterpart, ..if the Bat-editors gave BT his proper rank, in the Batcave. Bronze Tiger should be Batman's third-in-power, and not Batwoman. To make things weirder, Artemis is properly Azrael's counterpart, as he is the renegade Batman, but, as he's presently out of circulation, ..Huntress should be considered the most well-traveled renegade, among the Bats.

I think people, excited by new multicultural diversity, are eager to see Yara and Nubia pushed past fan-favorites, like Artemis, Queen Hippolyta and Fury. That is unfortunate, because there's likely to be a strong pushback, from long-standing fans, ..followed by indulgent writers and editors, responding with bringing the fan-fave Wonders, back to the forefront. I think new fans, lured by the spectacle of cultural/racial/sex-orientative diversity in the hero families, ..should be patient and let the market decide who or what gets pushed forward - frequently used in stories, etc - and what stays in circulation.

We have a black Wonder Woman and a Latina Wonder Girl, presently, and we're excited about that. DC Comics is sparing no expense to promote them, making them highly visible, very quickly, ..and that is, at best, a speculative and experimental enterprise. As much as I would like to see Siegfried, Virbius Rex or Orion frequently featured in WW, and rally our community to give them a chance, ..I really do trust the comics market. Ultimately, the market, not good will and liberal considerations, will determine what writers will use in WW stories.

I think we must be patient.

Let me say this - Barbara Gordon's Batgirl just never gets old ..and probably never will. I think Yara Flor is about to be that sort of hot, as Wonder Girl. The market will decide. Let's be patient.

Support Zephyr, the Wonder Dog and her little doggy bracelets!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-26-2021 at 10:45 PM. Reason: context, style, clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Imo Donna should be a Titan raised by the Amazons as a child and it be the only life she really knows.

Nubia can go a lot of ways. Doesn't necessarily need to be Dianas twin. She can be Ares attempt at creating his own champion from the clay of Themiscryia. She could be Antiope's daughter blessed by the African Gods and later joining Diana on Themiscryia. She could be one of the top Amazons in general.

Cassie and Yara are demi goddesses except Cassies mother is a regular woman while Yara's is an Amazon.

Jumpa should remain on Themiscryia. A Kangaroo is not the same as a dog.
    If we go with some Myths he is Hippoltya's father. So she and Diana would still be related

If we go with some Myths he is Hippoltya's father. So she and Diana would still be related
    Yeah but that's myth and not in the comics. At least not in main "continuity"

Can we agree, for sake of argument, that there really is no Wonder Woman family?

Since Diana and her friends are essentially homeless, ..having no iconic BO, homestead, city or organization, in which they all belong to or reside in, there really is no hero family or Team Diana, here. With Washington, DC, ..Georgetown (a DC district), ..Ocean City, ..the Amazons, ..ARGUS and the Olympian gods - now, DC's Asgardians - established in the Wonderverse, none of the supporting characters are consistently affiliated, with any of the previously mentioned.

Wonder Woman, Etta Candy, Col. Steve, Donna Troy, Artemis, I Ching, Maggie, Queen Desira, Hercules, Achilles, Ferdinand - where do any of these people live? Seriously? Where?

Some of you will argue, "Wonder Woman doesn't need a family, house or to sleep in a bed ..or hang out, somewhere! She's not like other superheroes. Leave us alone, Mel." We understand all of that. Let the charge stand, anyway, for sake of conversation - there is no real Wonder family, anymore.

We have no Wonder Woman family, as I see it. DC editors IC - presently Marie Javins - will not permit the creation of one.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-27-2021 at 03:48 PM. Reason: clarity

This is why I would love things like Holliday College and Gateway City to be brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yeah but that's myth and not in the comics. At least not in main "continuity"
    I thought it was in rebirth he called Amazons his daughters.