Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Default Wonder Woman 3 predictions.

So now that we are starting a new year where we will likely hear new info about the movie.

What do you predict will happen?

Regarding the plot. Action scenes, power level performances, box office numbers, reviews. Based on all we have seen from DCEU WW. How do you predict things will be regarding these topics?

I'm guessing that it will be a mother daughter story, about Diana trying to come back to the island. It will explore the guilt Diana has about not knowing anything about her mother and sisters for almost a century. Asteria will be used to introduce the villain of the story.

As WW84 explained: Asteria stayed behind to fend off the attacks of men as her Amazonian sisters fled to Themyscira. She was ready to sacrifice herself so the other women could hide themselves away from the world. She will be used as a counterpart to Diana, one that has been in this world for even longer. They will discuss how each dealt with the isolation, the cruelty, and the kindness of some.

The villain will probably be someone Asteria faced long ago. It could be Circe if they choose to give her a relationship with the amazons. I don't know what other villain could be connected to that plot about trying to reach Themyscira.
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-03-2022 at 03:10 PM.

I predict Circe will be in it, and Diana will return to Themyscira to get some closure with her mother and it will probably end with a giant battle with Amazon's fighting Greek monsters.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I predict Circe will be in it, and Diana will return to Themyscira to get some closure with her mother and it will probably end with a giant battle with Amazon's fighting Greek monsters.
    ...with Diana staying on the Island (at the end)?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    ...with Diana staying on the Island (at the end)?
    No, she'll say something cliché like, "my place is in man's world" say goodbye to her mother (if Hippolyta doesn't die, cuz she might...) and fly off in the direction of some sirens after she returns from Themyscira.

Or maybe Themyscira will open up their boarders and she won't have to say goodbye. That could happen too.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Since jenkins is involved, i am expecting poor action and weak WW. Bad reviews and boring plot. So basically i feel it will be a flop. All the people sayin Circe and a big battle need to remember that jenkins has done nothing to suggest she can deliver epic spectacle super hero style. So i wouldn't hold my breath expecting anything grand.

I hope the plot involves Circe looking for revenge on Hyppolita for some past transgression. Hopefully the third act will be a spectacular action set piece in which the sorceress invades Themyscira with an army of mythological monsters and bestiamorphs. I hope the final confrontation finds Diana facing off with a Circe that is fully possessed by the essence of Hecate. I will definitely stay positive and hope for the best. Regardless of how WW84 turned out, in Patty I trust.

I definitely feel like it's going to be Circe as the big bad, complete the big 3 Wondy villains and all that.

I am kind of tapped out of the "its a love story within the superhero story" trope that Patty has used for both films at this point. No more Steve, no love interests at all. I'd like a focused story about Diana and the history of the amazons. The only side characters I want to see are important named amazons as a B story following Diana's A story that collide together somehow. dust and echos of the past bring forth old enemies as Diana and her sister try to reestablish a way home.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I definitely feel like it's going to be Circe as the big bad, complete the big 3 Wondy villains and all that.

I am kind of tapped out of the "its a love story within the superhero story" trope that Patty has used for both films at this point. No more Steve, no love interests at all. I'd like a focused story about Diana and the history of the amazons. The only side characters I want to see are important named amazons as a B story following Diana's A story that collide together somehow. dust and echos of the past bring forth old enemies as Diana and her sister try to reestablish a way home.
    Same here. Enough romance for now; I'd love the underlying theme to be family (the "real" ones and the ones we choose along the way). That's why I'd love to see Nubia, Hippolyta and Julia (whom I always saw as Diana's mom away from home) be the three other supporting players joining forces against Circe.

Incredible Member

I know it makes sense to have a Wonder Woman: Return to Themyscira film, but I honestly and truly hope that is not what Wonder Woman 3 is about. I would rather it be set in Man's World in a modern-day setting. I'll like to see Diana at the Louvre, the Tate, or even transferring back to the Smithsonian. I'll like to see her modern-day cast. I'll like to see Circe as a modern-day antagonist in Man's World.

I'd rather Diana's return home be in an Amazons spinoff film.

I also trust Patty Jenkins. Get her an action director. Get her a script supervisor and team of editors. Give her a copious amount of notes. I trust that she loves the character; she just needs someone to balance out some of her more outrageous impulses.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I know it makes sense to have a Wonder Woman: Return to Themyscira film, but I honestly and truly hope that is not what Wonder Woman 3 is about. I would rather it be set in Man's World in a modern-day setting. I'll like to see Diana at the Louvre, the Tate, or even transferring back to the Smithsonian. I'll like to see her modern-day cast. I'll like to see Circe as a modern-day antagonist in Man's World.

I'd rather Diana's return home be in an Amazons spinoff film.

I also trust Patty Jenkins. Get her an action director. Get her a script supervisor and team of editors. Give her a copious amount of notes. I trust that she loves the character; she just needs someone to balance out some of her more outrageous impulses.
    100% agree with this. Left to her own devises, Patty doesn't seem suited for superhero films.

And for goddess sake I hope Johns is no longer involved with the Wondy side of DC.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Having a WW film that is mostly set on Themyscira doesn't mean that it will not have a substantial amount of "Man's World" action (literally and figuratively). It could start with a big action scene that involves Diana fighting some myth-related threat at the Smithsonian (I vote for Decay or Ixion) that leads her to meet Julia Kapatelis, which sets in motion the whole Circe plot. Maybe Decay/Ixion is part of the magical disturbances that hint at Circe's behind-the-scenes shenanigans. The film could certainly end on Themyscira with a full-on Circe-invades-Paradise scenario, but before that, it could be all about Diana on Man's World. I would simply love if the whole "The Witch On The Island" that George Perez concocted were the blueprint (not necessarily in every detail) for WW3. I would LOVE if the film were all about women (Julia, Vanessa, Nubia, Hippolyta, Circe) and how these relatiinships impact/are impacted by Diana.