Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Okay, as much as I normally disagree with Alpha, I do think the part about Diana not knowing about Nubia should be left out.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Same here, just have Diana in on the loop and not oblivious to it.
    If Diana was still a baby when that happened I can see Hippolyta waiting until she was old enough. But I'm fine with Diana knowing from the beginning as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    The way you’ve encapsulated this does sound compelling. Am I correct in assuming it doesn’t require Nubia to be Diana’s twin? It’s the twin notion that, to me, dilutes Diana’s uniqueness.
    I don't think keeping them as twins will dilute Diana's importance. I do like the idea of Phillipus co-creating her and essentially making her the daughter of Hippolyta and Phillipus but kidnapped when she was young. It adds more layers to Nubia's origin while also elevating Phillipus's importance. Bonus points, if you reveal that Phillipus is Nubian and that she named her daughter after her old home land.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Yeah, I remember Gail Simone didn't get her either. She didn't even like her name, she thought it was too much on the nose. I had to point out to her that as far as African-American names go it's not that big a stretch, because I've personally known Black people named Ebony, Zaire, Eqypt, Asia and at least 3 Kenyas. I even knew a guy named Blue, because his skin was so dark it was blue. lol
    Yep. I remember that thread but I recall agreeing with her at the time but that was before Tumblr really took and it was on there that Nubia went viral and I started changing my mind about the character.
    Last edited by John Venus; 07-21-2021 at 08:33 PM.