Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull in a skirt View Post
    The silver costume easily. Whenever she wears a costume that looks like Diana's I find it boring and unimaginative.

Joelle Jones did an amazing job with Nubia! Nubia with natural hair styles (braids, dreads, etc) is the best way to go.
    Agreed re Nubia wearing a version of the wondie suit. That can be another Earth's version of Nubia, but i prefer Nubia to have her own look.
    I can't stand the costume from Future whatevs.... and I'm on the fence about the relatively unseen new version ( as the orange and green accents are icky).

I love her original look ( as i am that generation) but it would be interesting to see her in something inspired by her current look in WG... and I'm dying to her her story, but only if done by the WG team,,,,

The thing with the Silver Age costume is; if she was raised in an isolated African tribe, then why is she dressed like a medieval knight?

Also shout out to the costume she wore underneath her armor:

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The thing with the Silver Age costume is; if she was raised in an isolated African tribe, then why is she dressed like a medieval knight?

Well she was also raised by Ares
    So maybe he raided an Arthurian legend for some cool swag?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Loved her posture in this issue! She was giving me regal queen!
    Yaaaassssssss! I got my whole life from her posture and also her Poetic Justice braids.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Yaaaassssssss! I got my whole life from her posture and also her Poetic Justice braids.
    Yass! I thought the exact same! I’m loving that she’s having more than 1 hairstyle. Diana needs a switch up. Maybe long braid ponytail.

Yeah, cuz Mars? Lol. Plus that other suit is actually only in Super Friends comic continuity....

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Yeah, cuz Mars? Lol. Plus that other suit is actually only in Super Friends comic continuity....
    That is what I thought also. I never saw it anywhere else.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That is what I thought also. I never saw it anywhere else.
    Of course, it doesn't help that she literally had 4(?) Pre Crisis appearances, the one out of normal continuity...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Well she was also raised by Ares
    So maybe he raided an Arthurian legend for some cool swag?
    Mars: Nubia! Go beat up Diana but don't tell her you're her sister yet!

Nubia: Father I don't have any armor and since we are twins, she could probably tell.

Mars: Hmm, you're right. Here is something I picked up during my vacation in the British Isles. Use this.

Nubia: Thank you father.

Mars: Nubia! Go beat up Diana but don't tell her you're her sister yet!

Nubia: Father I don't have any armor and since we are twins, she could probably tell.

Mars: Hmm, you're right. Here is something I picked up during my vacation in the British Isles. Use this.

Nubia: Thank you father.
    Things like this would make those stories so much more fun. XD

Im randomly reminded of how at one point Wonder Woman had to contend with a knight in black armor who somehow got their grubby mitts on Excalibur and we never found out who they were, as they simply vanished after defeat and we never saw them again

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Of course, it doesn't help that she literally had 4(?) Pre Crisis appearances, the one out of normal continuity...lol
    I know! I never understood why and I always looked for Nubia. I used to say, "Where in the world is Nubia?!?"

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I know! I never understood why and I always looked for Nubia. I used to say, "Where in the world is Nubia?!?"
    We had, “Who is Donna Troy?”

Now we need, “Where is Nubia?”

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    We had, “Who is Donna Troy?”

Now we need, “Where is Nubia?”
    I know, right? Lol.

After thinking about it some more, I've come around to the idea of Nubia being Phillipus and Hippolyta's daughter. It would entrench Nubia into the WW mythos while also adding depth to Phillipus and her relationship with Polly. After all, Hippolyta birthed Diana from clay, why would she stop with one? Maybe she and Phillipus decided that Diana should have a sister so they created Nubia. However, Ares takes advantage of the Amazon's weakened defenses and kidnaps Nubia. Before Hippolyta could stop him, he flings the infant into a dimensional void where she traveled from one world to another before being adopted by Anansi. As a teenager, Nubia leaves to find out about her origin, during which time she is adopted by Ares who tells her that she was an Amazon who was abandoned because Hippolyta didn't want a child who could challenge Diana. He trains her and gives her a ring that amplifies her rage and power. As an adult, Nubia challenges Diana and beats and tries to invade Themyscira with an army given to her by Ares. However, she learns the truth through the lasso of truth and in a fit of rage she destroys the temple of Ares on her island. Nubia is reunited with the Amazons but she also feels obligated to the tribe that raised her and so she chooses to follow her own path.

Art by Mel Milton
    SOURCE: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPRmCV7j_TS/

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.