Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Interview about Nubia!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nerdist...ckinney/%3famp
    Attached Images Attached Images

So if Nubia is back to being Diana's twin does that mean the clay origin is also back?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    So if Nubia is back to being Diana's twin does that mean the clay origin is also back?
    It’s hard to tell. I read the interview with becky cloonan and Michael Conrad and they still refer to Diana as Demigod.

In a panel i saw from the YA Nubia book ( not technically in continuity) it shows Hippolyta sculpting Diana and Nubia of clay, and a bolt of lightning striking the sculptures.... whatever that will mean in Future State, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Nubia pages from Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman:

Nubia pages from Nubia: Real One:

Anansi!!!?!? maybe I'm reaching, anyway, I'm super excited for the Nubia content coming down the pipe. she's been one of those characters that I've always wanted to get into but there was so little content that there wasn't much that was compelling for me. hoping she remains a more visible figure in the Wonder Woman family going forward.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I think for the YA graphic novel, it is, but for Future State probably not. as far as we know, Diana's parentage hasn't changed, so I think what she was saying in regards to Future State is that she's writing in that context in her head; I don't think it'll be addressed in the story. While I personally am not really invested in Diana's clay origin, I do kinda dig the sister angle for Nubia. I'm curious how DC plans to square that circle because I do feel like the twin connection gave Nubia a little more umph to her name in the DC landscape.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-16-2021 at 02:27 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I wonder if the story of when Supergirl met Nubia (and wound up saving Nubia's life) is now somehow back in Nubia's history?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wonder if the story of when Supergirl met Nubia (and wound up saving Nubia's life) is now somehow back in Nubia's history?

Just read this issue. It was pretty weird. Hippolyta kept saying “ my other daughter” and hippolyta randomly adopting Kara. So weird

There might have been a reference to Nubia in 84. One of the civilizations that fell because of the stone is Kush, which was an ancient black kingdom in the modern Sudan that built pyramids and once ruled over Egypt as well. Nowadays the kingdom is commonly refereed to as Nubia, even if that term id anachronistic, as it came into use after the fall of Kush. The date of the the kingdoms collapse is wrong though, as the most common date for its dissolution is 350 CE, when the Aksum Empire (ancient Ethiopia) destroyed its capital. Not sure why the date given was 4 CE.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Nubia by Mel Milton

Extraordinary Member

Nubia or Jason?

Sisters together. Hopefully this is what 2021 will be looking like
    Attached Images Attached Images

IWW: Nubia preview pics
    http://dlvr.it/RsWvlW