Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Nubia And Hippolyta's Wonder Woman Role In DC Infinite Frontier #0

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nubi...nite-frontier/

I don't think this was the right move, but I gotta see where this goes to really say.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-04-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    This is beautiful!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Now THIS is a Wonder Woman look! ❤
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

This is absolutely STUNNING.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

amazing picture! weak costume design ngl but everything else about this picture is extremely solid.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

That costume is terrible but the art is good. I like Nubia's current look much better but I'm not really a fan of it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Love this pic of Nubia!

I saw one where she had a red lasso. Is that canon or just artistic change?
    I wonder about Nubia and a canonical lasso. The sword and shield seem to be her iconic weapons.
    In considering the signature magic lassos used by the extended Wonder Family and different textures they have (braided, barbwire etc), I wondered if they'd ever consider a chain based one for Nubia. The reference to enslaved peope is on the nose and more associated with of color characters from the American experience. Then the trailer from the Snydercut did this...and gave me pause to reconsider..

Upon reflection, the chain link lasso would be better suited for the OTHER forgotten Amazon Sister Grace Cho. Totally her industrial aesthetic.

In other Appreciation, Mego Doll Nubia!

NUBIA 11.jpgThis Costume here would've been perfect for Nubia her costume doesn't have to be just like Diana's at least have her own color scheme.whomever designed her costume sure didn't put much thought in it at least not too me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I wonder about Nubia and a canonical lasso. The sword and shield seem to be her iconic weapons.
    In considering the signature magic lassos used by the extended Wonder Family and different textures they have (braided, barbwire etc), I wondered if they'd ever consider a chain based one for Nubia. The reference to enslaved peope is on the nose and more associated with of color characters from the American experience. Then the trailer from the Snydercut did this...and gave me pause to reconsider..

Upon reflection, the chain link lasso would be better suited for the OTHER forgotten Amazon Sister Grace Cho. Totally her industrial aesthetic.

Yes, I agree that the iconic weaponry of Nubia is the Sword. In her first appearance (that you included above), she is able to neutralize Diana's Lasso's effect on her with her sword.

I know some artists and fans want all of the Major Wonder Ladies to have their own lassos, which is where the red one came in, but I only saw it the once. I have no idea what powers it has or is supposed to have.

Maybe freedom from Rage or Mind Control? (Since Ares did use a ring to mind control Nubia in the first story).

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    NUBIA 11.jpgThis Costume here would've been perfect for Nubia her costume doesn't have to be just like Diana's at least have her own color scheme.whomever designed her costume sure didn't put much thought in it at least not too me anyway.
    My friend Jermaine drew this.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Perfection.

Always thought blue and gold should be her dominant costume colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Well technically the lasso has always been of the finest chain, made from the links of Hippolyta's golden girdle. It's incorrect when shown as a rope.

Also, we don't need a rainbow of lassoes, whether literally or figuratively. Not every member of the Wonder Fam needs a lasso, a version of Diana's costume, a tiara, etc. Any Amazon should have the bracelets, however, as is their tradition.

Jermaine is a Talented Brotha and DC should hire him for a Nubia Ongoing.

Nubia does look beautiful here. The colors and design work well together.

I do like the original look of silver and purple. But the armor may not always be needed, be hot to wear and perhaps a little clunky. Maybe that could be her go-to look in dire times when she also requires her sword.