Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Looks like Nubia will be making an appearance in the Wonder Girl book:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMRgmoxh-OV/

I suppose Yara gets to Themyscira earlier than I thought. That, or Nubia goes to her.

Also the detail for those braids is immaculate.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Also the detail for those braids is immaculate.
    It's the baby hair for me.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Absolutely flawless!!!!!!

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

I'm actually hoping Nubia isn't actually Diana's twin. Her connections and heritage seem completely different from Diana's. She's not treated like family either... It also doesn't even make sense.
    I like her being not related to Diana either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Am I the only one who noticed Maggie is at the back?

I'm actually hoping Nubia isn't actually Diana's twin. Her connections and heritage seem completely different from Diana's. She's not treated like family either... It also doesn't even make sense.
    Are you referring to the Nubia currently in comics? Cuz she was just passed the crown of Themyscira by her mother the Queen, and we don't know her upbringing yet, apart from the fact that she was tue lost Princess...her story has yet to unfold.

I'm basing that thought off the mythology present in her Future State story and also her and Hypolitta's conversation in the infinite frontier book.

I'll agree to wait and see however.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Are you referring to the Nubia currently in comics? Cuz she was just passed the crown of Themyscira by her mother the Queen, and we don't know her upbringing yet, apart from the fact that she was tue lost Princess...her story has yet to unfold.
    True. I hope the story is as great as some of this art we are seeing. Nubia looks terrific. She needs a terrific story and to stick around in the DCU.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I know the writer, LL McKinney, has said that any Nubia she writes will be the long-lost twin sister of Diana and daughter of Hippolyta. And she's writing Nubia and the Amazons.

How they are going to explain Diana having both the "daughter of Zeus" and "made from clay" origins is, I imagine, no concern of DC's--since they have moved in the direction of "all stories matters, all are true" and have allowed creators to eschew or complicate or follow continuity if and how they want to, and detangled continuity from quality, allowing the stories to stand on their own with or without being beholden to whatever history came before.
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 03-22-2021 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I know the writer, LL McKinney, has said that any Nubia she writes will be the long-lost twin sister of Diana and daughter of Hippolyta. And she's writing Nubia and the Amazons.

How they are going to explain Diana having both the "daughter of Zeus" and "made from clay" origins is, I imagine, no concern of DC's--since they have moved in the direction of "all stories matters, all are true" and have allowed creators to eschew or complicate or follow continuity if and how they want to, and detangled continuity from quality, allowing the stories to stand on their own with or without being beholden to whatever history came before.
    She’s writing Nubia & the Amazon’s? When was that announced?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    She’s writing Nubia & the Amazon’s? When was that announced?
    I don't think it was announced officially by DC, but she, herself, pretty much confirmed it on her Twitter feed.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Everything is in continuity now according to DC right? Messy but...there ya go lol.

But i dont think that Nubia needs to be Dianas twin, I think it'd be kind of interesting they'd pull a Powergirl and have her from an E__ Hippolyta that somehow crosses over, dies, and this Earths Hippolytas raises her as her own.

Incredible Member

I don't think Nubia's origin is something they can just gloss over or hand wave. It's not the same as Diana, Nubia or Hippolyta remembering contradictory events from previous incarnations of the universe. We're dealing with basic logical consistency. I have seen no indication DC is going to be that loose with continuity or allow writers that much free reign. There is still main DC universe continuity most series take place in. Nubia and the Amazons will not be allowed to exist in it's own continuity like Real One where the clay origin is objectively true if Diana is still Zeus's daughter in the main continuity. They may allow Nubia to remember the Pre-Crisis universe, but Nubia will still need a origin and history that makes sense and is consistent with Diana's current origin and the current universe.