Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

To be fair Peter didn't have much of a connection with Natasha or Steve so it made sense for him to be more beat up about his father figure than anyone else.

Meanwhile Falcon and Winter Soldier relied heavily on Steve's legacy and Hawkeye is the obvious place to have someone mourn for Nat.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I remember a cut scene in WandaVision where Wanda tells people that there were more people who sacrificed themselves than just Tony.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Given Tony Dalton's age the mentor role seems out of the question but I would also appreciate some twist reveal that connects them.
    Kate getting a whole training montage intro sequence makes me really hope they address Clint's training and background to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember a cut scene in WandaVision where Wanda tells people that there were more people who sacrificed themselves than just Tony.

Kate getting a whole training montage intro sequence makes me really hope they address Clint's training and background to some extent.
    Bonus points if it stretches out until that moment where he recruits Nat for shield. That sounds like screenshot material.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    spoilers:
    On that note: Echo's theme is a god damn banger.
    end of spoilers
    I was excited to learn she’s a Depeche Mode fan.

Oh so that's where that was from. And here I thought Marvel was finally starting to give the heroes recognizable themes.

My Twitter

Oh so that's where that was from. And here I thought Marvel was finally starting to give the heroes recognizable themes.
    Yep.. It was an old B-side called Christmas Island! I'm cool with that becoming her theme, though.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

How are the Clint Barton fans so far? Are you all enjoying the show so far? If so, that's good.

For me, I decided to put an end to my excitement for the upcoming episodes. I've waited 10 years for a Clint Barton solo venture (being unhappy at all the missed opportunities) and I was looking forward to this show, happy that he got his time to shine, but it looks like I have to accept that Clint is not meant for great things and to accept that he'll always get the shorter end of the stick across the board. Even in his 'solo show', he's getting sidelined and his 'solo show' is being used as a prop to launch new characters in the MCU. In other words, I'm disappointed by the show. If the future episodes does give a lot of proper focus on Clint, then I'm happy to be proven wrong. But, I lack confidence in that aspect.
    Last edited by Ruby Quartz Diamond; 11-30-2021 at 07:18 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    How are the Clint Barton fans so far? Are you all enjoying the show so far? If so, that's good.

For me, I decided not to put an end to my excitement for the upcoming episodes. I've waited 10 years for a Clint Barton solo venture (being unhappy at all the missed opportunities) and I was looking forward to this show, happy that he got his time to shine, but it looks like I have to accept that Clint is not meant for great things and to accept that he'll always get the shorter end of the stick across the board. Even in his 'solo show', he's getting sidelined and his 'solo show' is being used as a prop to launch new characters in the MCU. In other words, I'm disappointed by the show. If the future episodes does give a lot of proper focus on Clint, then I'm happy to be proven wrong. But, I lack confidence in that aspect.
    The show definitely seems to be leaning hard into Kate as the main focus, which doesn't surprise me.

If you can live with MCU Clint it's handling him solidly so far but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I think it's been a really wonderful blend of the Fraction series and MCU Clint. It was obvious Kate was being brought in to eventually take over, but it hasn't felt forced on me. Which I appreciate. Really looking forward to more episodes.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The show definitely seems to be leaning hard into Kate as the main focus, which doesn't surprise me.

If you can live with MCU Clint it's handling him solidly so far but that's about it.
    Yeah might as well rename the show 'Kate Bishop'.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think it's been a really wonderful blend of the Fraction series and MCU Clint. It was obvious Kate was being brought in to eventually take over, but it hasn't felt forced on me. Which I appreciate. Really looking forward to more episodes.
    That's good to hear. Hope you enjoy the upcoming episodes.

Clint comes to the rescue (with help from Spidey) during the F4 Anniversary Tribute (XD)

Third episode was really short. Hope the last three episodes won't feel rushed with so many things already crammed in and we know that at least one major appearance still has to happen.

I can see why some Clint fans might be disappointed about him being sidelined a bit (now even another character got their origin story crammed in) but for me it remains a really entertaining show. That phone call scene hit hard, the dynamic between the Hawkeyes continues to be great, and the action scenes improved compared to the first two episodes.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Might be because I saw it on a phone screen this time (no bigger screens around between work and visiting my parents) but this was probably my least favourite episode so far. Chicago Bastard pointed out the highlights but some of the scenes felt kinda rushed to me. It's got nothing to do with Clint and his perceived sidelined-edness (?), something felt a little off to me.
    That said: Might have been my mood today.

Edit:
    spoilers:
    I also really appreciated the "Black Widow killed Ronin" line. Good stuff.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Matternativ; 12-01-2021 at 11:56 AM.

My Twitter

[Delete please, hit the wrong button]
    Last edited by Matternativ; 12-01-2021 at 11:57 AM.

My Twitter

Might be because I saw it on a phone screen this time (no bigger screens around between work and visiting my parents) but this was probably my least favourite episode so far. Chicago Bastard pointed out the highlights but some of the scenes felt kinda rushed to me. It's got nothing to do with Clint and his perceived sidelined-edness (?), something felt a little off to me.
    That said: Might have been my mood today.

Edit:
    spoilers:
    I also really appreciated the "Black Widow killed Ronin" line. Good stuff.
    end of spoilers
    Wait, you didn't like the trick arrow mayhem? The spoilers:
    Pym arrow
    end of spoilers was something else

That said, due to its focus on action it was probably the worst episode to watch on a smartphone.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.