Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Finally got to check episode 1 out.
    I don't quite buy into Clint doing what he does for a living there but that said I enjoyed this quite a bit.
    Episode 2 explains a little bit more about why he agreed to do it, but there was a bit of a con involved, since the Ringmaster sold him on one thing and it clearly ended up being something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I am really digging it. Is episode 3 out bc if so, I'll listen tonight
    It is! And I have to say, I love Ash more and more each episode. There was something refreshing about the original Ashley Barton not being a typical selfless hero I have to admit, but this version of Ash, who is much closer to the typical hero, is pretty great, too.

Episode 1 didn't make this completely clear (I think, been a while since I read old Man Logan) but do we know whether this Wasteland universe is truly meant to be the same or just adjacent to it?
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Strong Fraction vibes from this new teaser:

Episode 1 didn't make this completely clear (I think, been a while since I read old Man Logan) but do we know whether this Wasteland universe is truly meant to be the same or just adjacent to it?
    I’ve only listened to the one episode on Spotify, so someone farther in can correct me if I’m wrong. I think it’s an alternate take on the Wasteland Universe. I thought maybe at first it was just the same story with Ashley Barton being changed, but as far as I can tell so far, I don’t think this lines up with how the story goes between OMH and OML. Probably gonna take a lot of important moments from the last OMH series and retool them for this story if the teaser at the end of the first episode with Abe is anything to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Strong Fraction vibes from this new teaser:

Which makes me unsure whether they aren't trying to punch a square peg through a round hole even more so than the first trailer did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandy Ran The Aluminum Foot View Post
    I’ve only listened to the one episode on Spotify, so someone farther in can correct me if I’m wrong. I think it’s an alternate take on the Wasteland Universe. I thought maybe at first it was just the same story with Ashley Barton being changed, but as far as I can tell so far, I don’t think this lines up with how the story goes between OMH and OML. Probably gonna take a lot of important moments from the last OMH series and retool them for this story if the teaser at the end of the first episode with Abe is anything to go by.
    Yeah that's my take too. Otherwise some very dramatic personality shift is about to happen.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

I just want Clint to say "Respect the Trick Arrow."

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy Ran The Aluminum Foot View Post
    Yeah, as someone who's listened to three episodes, it's definitely a different universe. The details are different with the Thunderbolts, Zemo and the division of the US into territories, Clint's personal life, etc.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Love that we'll be getting two episodes for Hawkeye's premiere and the last episode will be aired during Christmas week so it's a perfect timing. Can't wait for Marvel Legends episode for Hawkeye. You know I'll be rewatching that a million times before the show officially airs.

I wonder if the "person from Clint Barton's past who threatens to ruin more than the festive spirit" is referring to Swordsman.

No sign of Clint in the January solicitations either.

My Twitter

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Looks like we can only expect Clint to be in Thompson's Black Widow then.

Might as well make that woman write a Secret Avengers book while she's at it. I certainly wouldn't complain

Though she doesn't exactly have a shortage of books coming out as is.

My Twitter

Feels like Clint's getting the short shrift these days.

Yeah well what else is new, really?

My Twitter

In today's Guest appearance Clint was called a "Himbo" by someone else than his fanbase.
    Also the Wasteland story is up to chapter 3 by now on Spotify.
    It really is a very different take on the Wasteland we know from the Comics.
    I feel like the next issue might catch the interest of Bobby/Clint boaters (I don't actually know which couple name the fanbase uses. Hawkingbird? Blint? Morton? ).

My Twitter

In today's Guest appearance Clint was called a "Himbo" by someone else than his fanbase.
    Also the Wasteland story is up to chapter 3 by now on Spotify.
    It really is a very different take on the Wasteland we know from the Comics.
    I feel like the next issue might catch the interest of Bobby/Clint boaters (I don't actually know which couple name the fanbase uses. Hawkingbird? Blint? Morton? ).
    I've been loving the series more as a Bobbi fan than as a shipper (the most common ship names are Hawkingbird, Clintbobbi, and Bobbiclint), since they're not together and haven't interacted much, but I do appreciate how much respect they're putting on her name. With her being nearly completely absent from comics these days (and in her 50th year!!!), it's really special that somebody decided not only to introduce her as a character in this series, but to make her a really complex character who has to struggle with the conflict between keeping her daughter safe one the one hand and staying true to her values on the other, and what that means in the fascist, totalitarian world that they live in.

Clint himself reminds me more of the original Old Man Logan with all of his despair, but I'm interested in the slight changes they made to the Wastelands overall. I listened to the Old Man Star-Lord series, and there are some things that they either streamlined or improved (in my opinion)—for example, in the original series, Emma Frost made a political alliance with Doom, and Logan thinks of her as a traitor, but in the podcast, Emma is much closer to the type of hero she's depicted as today in the comic books, while still being in character.

I've also been pleasantly surprised at how much mutant politics comes into play in the Hawkeye series. In the comics (616 and Wasteland), Hawkeye doesn't usually have a lot to do with the mutants, but in the podcast series, nearly all of the supporting characters are ex-Brotherhood members. They talk a lot about what it was like being a mutant in the old days compared with the current environment, and about Magneto's choice to side with the villains, despite the cost, and whether it was the right choice or not. As an X-fan, it adds a whole additional layer to the show.