Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Since we were speaking of the characterization/voice in the Avengers game.

Everything about this monologue IS spot on for Hawkeye, lmao.
    https://twitter.com/aw_hawkeye/statu...158866434?s=09
    I love everything about this! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    Aww, that's a shame. I really love Troy as Hawkeye and so far, I'm enjoying the Avengers Assemble cartoon. I had a problem with Adrian Pasdar as Iron Man at first but now his voice is growing on me. I just finished watching the Hyperion episode where there was a funny running gag about multiple people winking at Hawkeye. It also had Hawkeye using his distraction arrow for the first time. I know AA is not a lot of people's cup of tea but I love it for what it is.
    I felt like I should have liked Troy as Hawkeye, and Hawkeye had a few good episodes in AA, but overall it just never did it for me at all.

Pasdar actually did grow on me, especially compared to Mick Wingert who replaced him.
    Since we were speaking of the characterization/voice in the Avengers game.

Everything about this monologue IS spot on for Hawkeye, lmao.
    https://twitter.com/aw_hawkeye/statu...158866434?s=09
    His voice kind of reminds me of Scott Porter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I agree, I love it too. I think more people would probably enjoy Avengers Assemble if Earth's Mightiest Heroes hadn't preceded it. Everyone loved EMH so much that when it was replaced by AA a lot of people already made up their mind to hate it. Not saying there's not genuine criticism for it, and I do think it took at least half a season or more to find its footing, but if you take it separately as it is it's a fun show, but comparing it to EMH it pales.

I also had an issue with Tony's voice. There's unnatural pauses and inflections that felt like he was reading the lines to me.
    Fun fact: I saw Avengers Assemble first and actually liked it because I thought it was quite funny but it suffered from being too samey the more I watched.
    I don't think I checked EMH until someone here recommended it to me and AA definitely suffers from the fact that I got to see a better version of it.

I still don't hate it: in fact I believe the avengers game should have pulled more from there than from the MCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I love everything about this! <3
    Oh I know
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I felt like I should have liked Troy as Hawkeye, and Hawkeye had a few good episodes in AA, but overall it just never did it for me at all.

Pasdar actually did grow on me, especially compared to Mick Wingert who replaced him.

His voice kind of reminds me of Scott Porter.
    Tbh I don't really know 99,9% of VA's by name. Laura Bailey is an exception because she single handedly made the saints if row games she was part of better.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Fun fact: I saw Avengers Assemble first and actually liked it because I thought it was quite funny but it suffered from being too samey the more I watched.
    I don't think I checked EMH until someone here recommended it to me and AA definitely suffers from the fact that I got to see a better version of it.

I still don't hate it: in fact I believe the avengers game should have pulled more from there than from the MCU.
    I would've said it should have pulled more from EMH. AA pulled enough from the MCU as is.
    Tbh I don't really know 99,9% of VA's by name. Laura Bailey is an exception because she single handedly made the saints if row games she was part of better.
    Laura's great. Not my favorite Black Widow voice, but still great.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would've said it should have pulled more from EMH. AA pulled enough from the MCU as is.

Laura's great. Not my favorite Black Widow voice, but still great.
    Yes but EMH was decidedly retro even for its time and thus was never gonna be an influence I'd argue.

Though in parts it is with stuff like his classic garbs appearing (in some shape or form) or them actually making him and Nat a "thing" which AA didn't dabble in the MCU teased before saying no whedon't do that.

Pun intended.

But both of these things are probably more the influence of the comics themselves rather than EMH.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Hey all, I just want to clarify on the actual number of Hawkeye solo runs. I think some of them weren't collected. And I don't know if I should count Solo Avengers?

1) Hawkeye (1983) by Mark Gruenwald #1-4
    2) Hawkeye (1994) by Chuck Nixon #1-4
    3) Hawkeye - Earth's Mightiest Marksman (1998) by Tom Defalco #1
    4) Hawkeye (2003) by Fabian Nicieza #1-8
    5) Ultimate Comics: Hawkeye (2011) by Jonathan Hickman #1-4 (it's not 616 Hawkeye so does it count as a solo run?)
    6) Hawkeye: Blindspot (2011) by Jim McCann #1-4
    7) Hawkeye (2012) by Matt Fraction #1-22
    8) Hawkeye (2015-2016) by Jeff Lemire #1-5, #1-6
    9) Old Man Hawkeye (2018) by Ethan Sacks #1-12
    10) Hawkeye: Freefall (2021) by Matthew Rosenberg #1-6

I did not count Hawkeye (2016) by Kelly Thompson because that's more of a Kate Bishop solo run. So technically, 616 Clint Barton has a total of 9 solo runs? Is Occupy Avengers counted as a solo run?

Hey all, I just want to clarify on the actual number of Hawkeye solo runs. I think some of them weren't collected. And I don't know if I should count Solo Avengers?

1) Hawkeye (1983) by Mark Gruenwald #1-4
    2) Hawkeye (1994) by Chuck Nixon #1-4
    3) Hawkeye - Earth's Mightiest Marksman (1998) by Tom Defalco #1
    4) Hawkeye (2003) by Fabian Nicieza #1-8
    5) Ultimate Comics: Hawkeye (2011) by Jonathan Hickman #1-4 (it's not 616 Hawkeye so does it count as a solo run?)
    6) Hawkeye: Blindspot (2011) by Jim McCann #1-4
    7) Hawkeye (2012) by Matt Fraction #1-22
    8) Hawkeye (2015-2016) by Jeff Lemire #1-5, #1-6
    9) Old Man Hawkeye (2018) by Ethan Sacks #1-12
    10) Hawkeye: Freefall (2021) by Matthew Rosenberg #1-6

I did not count Hawkeye (2016) by Kelly Thompson because that's more of a Kate Bishop solo run. So technically, 616 Clint Barton has a total of 9 solo runs? Is Occupy Avengers counted as a solo run?
    I would count Solo Avengers / Avengers Spotlight (its continuation) even though it doesn't have Hawkeye in the name, because it's still a Hawkeye solo (well, half of every issue, anyway). There's also a miniseries in between Blindspot and Fraction's Hawkeye called Avengers: Solo which is a solo Hawkeye story.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I would count Solo Avengers / Avengers Spotlight (its continuation) even though it doesn't have Hawkeye in the name, because it's still a Hawkeye solo (well, half of every issue, anyway). There's also a miniseries in between Blindspot and Fraction's Hawkeye called Avengers: Solo which is a solo Hawkeye story.
    Avengers Solo (2011) by Jen Van Meter #1-5?

Kinda strange that the collected edition is called Hawkeye: Blindspot and collected Blindspot and Earth's Mightiest Marksman but the cover is for Avengers: Solo...

Avengers Solo (2011) by Jen Van Meter #1-5?

Kinda strange that the collected edition is called Hawkeye: Blindspot and collected Blindspot and Earth's Mightiest Marksman but the cover is for Avengers: Solo...
    Yes, that's the run. Very weird about that collection!

So I realize no one has cared for the Avengers Game since its launch but I have collected some intel logs about Clint in that one now and here's his origin story there:

- Lost his parents
    - Joined the circus
    - Trained under Swordsman
    - Joined the army
    - Joined Shield
    - Accompanied the Avengers on missions
    - Stark told Fury "We are gonna keep him, that was probably your plan but whatevs he's ours now"
    - Clint trains Kate and plans for her to be his successor
    - A-Day happens and he's still an Avenger at that time apparently which makes it even weirder that he's not even mentioned in the campaign itself since at that time he must have been with the Avengers for years

Why do I bring this up? Because with rumors that we'll see circus flashbacks in the MCU Hawkeye show this might very well be his origin story in the MCU as well

My Twitter

So I realize no one has cared for the Avengers Game since its launch but I have collected some intel logs about Clint in that one now and here's his origin story there:

- Lost his parents
    - Joined the circus
    - Joined the army
    - Joined Shield
    - Stark told Fury "We are gonna keep him, that was probably your plan but whatevs he's ours now"
    - A-Day happens and he's still an Avenger at that time apparently which makes it even weirder that he's not even mentioned in the campaign itself since at that time he must have been with the Avengers for years

Why do I bring this up? Because with rumors that we'll see circus flashbacks in the MCU Hawkeye show this might very well be his origin story in the MCU as well
    I'm kinda sorta interested, although I haven't played it myself...is there any mention of Barney?

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I'm kinda sorta interested, although I haven't played it myself...is there any mention of Barney?
    Yep. We went with him being dead unless that is falsified information. There's also a mention of how it's not impossible that Clint was involved.

It's all just from some soundfiles which usually tell the more engaging story than the one we get to see anyway.

My Twitter

- Lost his parents
    - Joined the circus
    - Joined the army
    - Joined Shield

Sounds like a good job of mining Clint's comic history. The SHIELD/Avengers stuff is in-line with EMH/AA.

- Lost his parents
    - Joined the circus
    - Joined the army
    - Joined Shield

That sounds cool and I'm excited about the show addressing Clint's origins, especially his recruitment to SHIELD and his ex-carnie past. I hope Coulson will make an appearance as well and I hope that Coulson played a part in Clint's recruitment. I would like to know more about Strike Team Delta as well. Hopefully, 6 episodes are more than enough to explore Clint as a character.

Ultimate Member

- Lost his parents
    - Joined the circus
    - Joined the army
    - Joined Shield

It would be nice if even a modicum of this made it into the MCU. Of all Avengers, I feel he's benefited least from his adaptation. At least his video game version has a lot!