Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    Thanks a lot for the recs. I should have been more specific about the older stuff, my main issue with the 60s-80s is that there is way too much text (main reason I got into comics is that I read them when I don't have enough energy to read normal books). That aspect is not so bad with the 90s stuff, but I'm reading the 90s X-Men right now and there is only so much early 90s comic book art I can take. Therefore the 1998 Thunderbolts sound awesome.

I've actually read Occupy Avengers and pretty much the entirety of Secret Empire, but I didn't realize that No Road Home was a sequel. I'll definitely check that and The Ultron Imperative as well since it's great to get some shorter reads when I'm boggled down into length-y X-books continuity.
    Well No Road Home was a direct sequel to No Surrender not to secret empire or occupy avengers.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Well No Road Home was a direct sequel to No Surrender not to secret empire or occupy avengers.
    Yeah, sorry. I only noticed that on my second read. That's what I get for not reading all the words when reading,

No need to apologize
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

https://ew.com/tv/hawkeye-first-look...lee-steinfeld/

The Hawkeye D+ show gets a confirmation date! 24th November 2021!

"[Kate is] a 22-year-old kid and she's a big Hawkeye fan," Renner tells EW. "She has a wonderfully annoying and equally charming manner about her, because she's such a fangirl of Hawkeye. The relationship grows from that, but the biggest problem for Clint is Kate Bishop and the onslaught of problems that she brings into his life."

"That was always my role. Outside of acting in the thing, I was protecting her and giving her the CliffsNotes on how it goes with this kind of filmmaking: Green screen, superhero life, all that stuff," Renner says. "I just wanted to protect her, because there's a lot of physical stuff. She's a wonderful actress, a wonderful human, and I can't wait to see all the cool stuff that she's able to do."
    Kate is a huge Hawkeye fan like all of us

Very hyped for this!

I'm getting more Mrs Marvel vibes from this than Kate but I'm not gonna oppose Clint being the actual mentor rather than the other Hawkeye for a change.

My Twitter

Kate being a Hawkeye fangirl might actually improve the dynamic in my opinion. At least it confirms she respects Clint.

Well the dynamic couldn't be the same realistically speaking. Clint is just too different.
    I do hope they don't goo hard on Hawkguy with the show but it would be nice if he's a little bit funnier than he got to be in the movies.

My Twitter

Well the dynamic couldn't be the same realistically speaking. Clint is just too different.
    I do hope they don't goo hard on Hawkguy with the show but it would be nice if he's a little bit funnier than he got to be in the movies.
    I'm fine with quips so long as he's treated seriously as a hero...which is like my main issue with Hawkguy in general .

If this means Kate is a little less "too cool for school" compared to Clint, all the better in my opinion.

I'm really curious to see how their dynamic plays out, and how they adapt Fraction's Hawkeye to fit the MCU version. Honestly, giving him any sort of personality at this point would be very welcome as he's still pretty blank.

Personally, I really wanna see him at his worst to start so they can build him back up. Give me a Clint ridden with guilt, one now devoting his life to trying to 'wipe the red from his ledger' to honour the best friend who died for him, simultaneously taking away what he saw as his chance at redemption for everything he'd done. I wanna see him divorced and depressed and barely scraping by, because that part of Hawkguy worked for me, and is actually really important to me tbh. It was when writers forgot that he struggled because of that and just wrote him as an incompetent dumbass that bothered me. There has to be consequences to his time as Ronin, and not just baddies coming after him for it. I simply can't see how he can just go back to his perfect life after five years of that psychological mess. He's a different person now; time stopped for his family, but not for him.

And I hope against hope he won't retire for like the fourth time at the end, but I'm pretty certain that's the ending I'll be stuck with lol

Have him retire but no one believes it this time, lmao.

My Twitter

Of course he'll retire, it's the one personality trait they gave him so they'll stick with it.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

I'd rather see him join the circus than be a down-on-his-luck guy with money problems.

Pretty sure we'll get that one in flashbacks.

Honestly something I'd find pretty amazing is if we find out he tried heroing long before the Avengers where a thing but then Fury came along and was like:" The world ain't ready for that yet, mate. Want a job?"

My Twitter

Pretty sure we'll get that one in flashbacks.

Honestly something I'd find pretty amazing is if we find out he tried heroing long before the Avengers where a thing but then Fury came along and was like:" The world ain't ready for that yet, mate. Want a job?"
    I think we'll definitely get the training with Swordsman to some extent.

Fingers crossed for the mask.

My Twitter