Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Those are all Clint?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Attachment 108589

Well, that help you to identify each of the appearance based on the artists.
    Is that not Hank Pym in the middle?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that not Hank Pym in the middle?
    I guess it still is a problem.

One benefit of diversity in comics is we can tell the characters apart

Mighty Member

Attachment 108589

Well, that help you to identify each of the appearance based on the artists.
    Left (Steve Rogers), Middle (Hank Pym), Right (Clint Barton)

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post

That's not true for the black men. Especially once time in a run, when i mistook Black Lightning as John Henry Steel.
    Last edited by LAWtoyoto 432; 04-18-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Why does every hero have to be so muscled? I'd like to see a more normal looking guy.
    While I agree with this in theory, Clint has no superpowers and his bow draw weight is 250 lbs, so it's justified in his case.

Ultimate Member

Left (Steve Rogers), Middle (Hank Pym), Right (Clint Barton)

That's not true for the black men. Especially once time in a run, when i mistook Black Lightning as John Henry Steel.
    Yeah, that's true. I meant like a White hero next to a Black hero

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    While I agree with this in theory, Clint has no superpowers and his bow draw weight is 250 lbs, so it's justified in his case.
    It would help if Stark gave him a ballistic weapon

I mean, I was able to tell it was Hank .

I feel like they don't really bring this up considering that means by all accounts that Kate can pull off the same feat considering she had his old school bow for a while and I don't think she's ever been drawn in a way where I buy that for a second xD
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I feel like they don't really bring this up considering that means by all accounts that Kate can pull off the same feat considering she had his old school bow for a while and I don't think she's ever been drawn in a way where I buy that for a second xD
    Women don't get drawn to be muscular, except maybe She-Hulk

Women don't get drawn to be muscular, except maybe She-Hulk
    Depends on the artist.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Depends on the artist.
    That's true. It just seems less regular than overly muscular male heroes, at least from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I never considered that, even though I love the issue where she steals the bow from him. Even if she eventually, through training, reached that level of strength (which I think is higher than the real-life record, but even superheroes without powers are usually portrayed as being more fantastic than real-life athletes and I'm okay with that), it wouldn't have been possible so early on in her career. I wonder what determines draw weight—if you re-string the bow with a more flexible string, does it change it? (I know nothing about archery, I must admit.)

That's true. It just seems less regular than overly muscular male heroes, at least from what I've seen.
    Yeah you are not wrong at all.
    I never considered that, even though I love the issue where she steals the bow from him. Even if she eventually, through training, reached that level of strength (which I think is higher than the real-life record, but even superheroes without powers are usually portrayed as being more fantastic than real-life athletes and I'm okay with that), it wouldn't have been possible so early on in her career. I wonder what determines draw weight—if you re-string the bow with a more flexible string, does it change it? (I know nothing about archery, I must admit.)
    I know a little bit about it. Never took up the hobby itself but I've done some reading.
    Like I know British long bows in medieval times had an estimated draw weight of 160 lbs and these were freakishly strong bows that required specific training and you can tell from the skeletons of archers that it affected the body massively.

What I don't know is how much you could affect that with the string.
    I feel like if you use a more elastic one you'll just end up being unable to fully draw the bow anymore while still nocking the arrow. Like at some point it's probably just gonna be too short to still rest on the arrow shelf and it would probably also affect the effectivity but you'd have to ask an actual archer about that.

But yeah like I said it's something that is not brought up often anyway. Realism and superhero comics go rarely hand in hand.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Ultimate Member

The fact that someone still thinks a bow and arrow works against aliens and robots shows you how much realism matters!