Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Apparently branding is the problem:

Admittedly he does have the dullest costumes out of the MCU Avengers.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Admittedly he does have the dullest costumes out of the MCU Avengers.
    The total lack of brighter purple in his costumes.

Ant-Man got some recognition though! And he was made fun of in Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    The total lack of brighter purple in his costumes.

Ant-Man got some recognition though! And he was made fun of in Endgame.
    I don't love the costumes we're getting in this series, but at least they're purple.

Also I saw a TV spot where Kate draws the classic suit with the mask.

I guess Ant-Man is now a public hero.

There was another tv spot that showed Clint making his own trick arrows, which I very much appreciated.

do SHIELD scientists create the special arrow tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    There was another tv spot that showed Clint making his own trick arrows, which I very much appreciated.
    I think there was one episode of Arrow that showed Ollie making Trick Arrows too. Always neat .

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    do SHIELD scientists create the special arrow tips?
    In the comics, no; Hawkeye creates his own arrows. He was actually never affiliated with SHIELD until after the MCU portrayed him as a SHIELD agent.

In the MCU, we don't know enough about his backstory, although I think a trailer for the show had him making his own arrows.

That said: it's not unreasonable to think that he didn't create arrows like the mini-nuke explosive one in his flat.
    And I think I recall him saying "I used to build them myself" when he was an Avenger still so I suppose during those times he doesn't have to bother.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    That said: it's not unreasonable to think that he didn't create arrows like the mini-nuke explosive one in his flat.
    And I think I recall him saying "I used to build them myself" when he was an Avenger still so I suppose during those times he doesn't have to bother.
    I remember Clint working on some arrows during Secret Wars '84 when Reed used whatever was available to rebuild Shell-head's armor (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-18-2021 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

What did everyone think of Episodes 1 and 2?

I have thoughts and opinions, mostly spoiler-free but just in case:
    spoilers:

Honestly great work with Kate. I know some people are pissed that she is a fan-girl but there is no natural way to get a dynamic like in the Fraction run with these characters at this point of time.
    I thought the intro sequence was a great callback to one of the few panels from All New Hawkeye I actually enjoyed .

With our boy meanwhile I'm glad they didn't just go full Hawkguy with zero explanation. We very much built upon MCU Hawkeye with the bad and the good.
    end of spoilers
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    What did everyone think of Episodes 1 and 2?

I have thoughts and opinions, mostly spoiler-free but just in case:
    spoilers:

Honestly great work with Kate. I know some people are pissed that she is a fan-girl but there is no natural way to get a dynamic like in the Fraction run with these characters at this point of time.
    I thought the intro sequence was a great callback to one of the few panels from All New Hawkeye I actually enjoyed .

With our boy meanwhile I'm glad they didn't just go full Hawkguy with zero explanation. We very much built upon MCU Hawkeye with the bad and the good.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Personally, I was highkey disappointed that the first episode was a huge chunk about Kate Bishop's introduction. She stole Clint's 'this looks bad' intro line and then she also took away the subplot of Clint saving Lucky. You don't see this happening with Wandavision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki when it comes to their respective first episodes. I also felt that the episode started being draggy with the high society event and the black market auction. The episode was kinda a letdown despite the promising start of Kate witnessing Clint in the Battle of New York. It had some Clint moments sprinkled here and there and it felt as if he is the secondary character.

But, I can set aside that disappointment because the second episode was a slight improvement.

I like how Clint is such a great and caring family man but with other people, he emotionally distances himself from other characters like Kate and Grills but in truth, he does care about Kate and he was willing to go through the whole LARPing rules and get himself killed as requested by Grills just to get the Ronin suit back. I like the budding friendship between Grills and Clint already. I also like how they incorporated Swordsman/Jack Duquesne into the storyline, making him a more personal villain for Kate and if they are going to delve into Clint's ex-carnie past, for Clint too. The whole catch and release scene was awesome. And the short montage of Clint over the Avengers movies to justify his loss of hearing was great too.

I can't believe I have to wait another week for a new episode. I do have concerns about this show being a Kate Bishop origin show rather than a Clint Barton solo show though. sigh...it just goes to show that Clint Barton fans are just going to get the short of the stick again.
    end of spoilers

I thought it was a really solid start. The show has a great tone. The dynamic between Clint and Kate is excellent.

I like the more grounded feel of this story compared to just about everything else. It reminds me of Daredevil and some of the other Netflix shows. No global or galactic threat, no reality warping….just some criminals and a bit of mystery.

Glad to see that Fraction got a consulting credit, too. Always good to see the comic guys get some recognition.

Incredible Member

So with the TV series just teasing Echo, I recently read that Hawkeye and Echo were actually romantically/sexually linked at one point in the comics? Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    So with the TV series just teasing Echo, I recently read that Hawkeye and Echo were actually romantically/sexually linked at one point in the comics? Is that true?
    Indeed. Nothing major, more a hook-up iirc.
    It happened in Bendis New Avengers.

My Twitter

Just saw the first two episodes! Loved it! A lot of good elements from Hawkeye history are there! Clint and Kate have great characteristics, though I feel Kate is a bit more charismatic. The story is shaping up to be good though I was thrown off with episode 2's ending. Really the leader of the Tracksuit Mafia is spoilers:
    Echo?! Tell me MCU Echo is a bad guy here!
    end of spoilers

Really looking forward to what comes next!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."