Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

It's probably not a spoiler to say that Hawkeye Fans should probably watch the Black Widow movie.
    Just maybe don't expect "too much".
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Re: Black Widow Movie spoilers:
    The crumbs were still great but still, I wish he had played a larger role in the movie.
    end of spoilers

Clint appeared in the Thor Annual.
    https://www.cbr.com/thor-names-hawke...or-ten-realms/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Thor trying to salvage his friend's ego...

(Maybe it's my bias against the costume here but Clint doesn't look too good in this art).

Clint is always the butt of jokes nowadays, isn't he?

That said I did find it funny.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

I like the joke but I do take offense to the Punisher consideration. But that's largely due to my opinion on the Punisher. :P
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Clint is always the butt of jokes nowadays, isn't he?

That said I did find it funny.
    and Scott Lang.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ugh what a bad way to start my morning lol

Seems that it's becoming a trend that Modern Clint is becoming the go-to person to be the butt of the jokes in the 616 Universe and I don't like that. Thor was good bro for trying to comfort Clint afterwards though. That said, I believe Clint had not played a prominent role in cosmic-related conflicts so I guess the Asgardians' reactions are valid. It reminds me of the Avengers Assembled episode where the Avengers headed to a planet to battle Thanos and the Black Order and one of the alien kids were cheering for Cap and Thor and then said that he has no idea who Hawkeye was. Then, later Hawkeye saved the same alien kid and as the Avengers were heading back to Earth, all the aliens were cheering for Hawkeye and calling him Amazing or something. It was a very great episode.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    Ugh what a bad way to start my morning lol

Seems that it's becoming a trend that Modern Clint is becoming the go-to person to be the butt of the jokes in the 616 Universe and I don't like that. Thor was good bro for trying to comfort Clint afterwards though. That said, I believe Clint had not played a prominent role in cosmic-related conflicts so I guess the Asgardians' reactions are valid. It reminds me of the Avengers Assembled episode where the Avengers headed to a planet to battle Thanos and the Black Order and one of the alien kids were cheering for Cap and Thor and then said that he has no idea who Hawkeye was. Then, later Hawkeye saved the same alien kid and as the Avengers were heading back to Earth, all the aliens were cheering for Hawkeye and calling him Amazing or something. It was a very great episode.
    Unless Disney+ Hawkeye series could help Marvel to increase his prominent roles for Hawkeye since he has completely obstructed since the beginning of 2021.

Spectacular Member

Hi guys, I'm coming in looking for recommendations. I've read most of Clint's solo stuff, but I've never really ventured much into the group stuff he has appeared in, but now I'm looking something to read while taking a break from reading way too many X-Books.

What are some Avengers etc. must read story-lines that have Clint in a prominent role? Preferably ones that came out in the 2000s and later, but if it's really good I don't mind earlier stuff either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    Hi guys, I'm coming in looking for recommendations. I've read most of Clint's solo stuff, but I've never really ventured much into the group stuff he has appeared in, but now I'm looking something to read while taking a break from reading way too many X-Books.

What are some Avengers etc. must read story-lines that have Clint in a prominent role? Preferably ones that came out in the 2000s and later, but if it's really good I don't mind earlier stuff either.

Thanks
    Since you mentioned any good stuff earlier than 2000 is alright, then I highly recommend the Kurt Busiek/George Perez run on Avengers (1998).
    After several years of being head-honcho of the West Coast Avengers, Clint begins to see things differently when it comes to Cap's leadership:

This prompts Clint to take a hike & hitch his wagon onto the Thunderbolts, where he becomes their leader.
    Thunderbolts (1997) is where you'll find the prominent version of Clint:

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-25-2021 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post

Thanks
    If you haven't read the original Thunderbolts yet, I'd start with that—Clint joins the book in issue #20, which came out in 1998, but it has more of a 2000s vibe than a 90s one. It's one of Clint's most important team books, and arguably the most important. He's a big part of the book until issue #75.

There's also a book from 2001 called Avengers: The Ultron Imperative where Clint has a big part. It's an oversized one-shot, about the size of 5-6 issues. It's set a little bit after Thunderbolts #50. It's not a must-read in that its events don't really affect the state of the larger Marvel Universe, but I personally am very fond of it.

Afterwards, there's an Avengers/Thunderbolts crossover from 2004, 6 issues long. If you've read Hawkeye: Blindspot, that series references something that happens in this series, but aside from getting that background, this book can be skipped or put towards the bottom of your Hawkeye reading pile.

Clint has a relatively big role in the last major Avengers arc before Disassembled, from Avengers (1998) #78-84. The only problem is that it's a Chuck Austen story, so, you know...proceed with caution.

He dies in Disassembled and comes back in New Avengers (2004) #26. From that issue until the end of the series (it ends at issue #64) is his Ronin phase, and he's one of the central characters in the book. If you want to complete the story, then after issue #60, you should also read Dark Reign: The List - Avengers, and New Avengers Annual #3, and after issue #64, you'll want to read New Avengers: Finale. (This era is probably his second-most important modern run in a team book, after Thunderbolts.)

He's in New Avengers (2010), Avengers (2010), and Avengers (2013), but I don't think he has any big storylines there. There was also a book called Avengers Assemble (2012) which started out as a kind of an MCU synergy book that eventually merged with comics canon, but I don't remember if he had any real storylines in that one, either.

He joins Secret Avengers (2010) with issue #21.1 and leads the team until the end of the series (issue #37). He's also in the other two iterations of the team (2013, 16 issues and 2014, 15 issues). These books establish Clint as a SHIELD agent (thanks to MCU synergy), which leads into Al Ewing's New Avengers (2015, 18 issues), where Clint has a pretty big role.

He's also part of the cast of Avengers World (2014, 18 issues), although unfortunately I haven't gotten around to reading that yet, so I don't know how central his role is in that book.

In 2016, there's Occupy Avengers (9 issues). It's not an Avengers book, despite the title, but it is a team book with him in the lead.

He plays a big role in Secret Empire (2017, 10 issues) and has a minor role in the Avengers: No Surrender arc (Avengers #675-690), followed by a much bigger role in the sequel, Avengers: No Road Home (10 issues). Although you don't really need to have read No Surrender to understand No Road Home, tbh.

He's also part of the recent West Coast Avengers reboot (2018, 10 issues) but none of the storylines there really focus on him.

Since you said you were open to pre-2000s works, I think the original West Coast Avengers from 1985 is a must-read. I highly prefer the Englehart/Milgrom run from issue #1-41 to the later runs, but the book goes all the way up to #102, if you feel like reading the whole thing.

----------

tl;dr—my must-read list is:
    West Coast Avengers (1985)- #1-41
    Thunderbolts (1997) #20-75
    Thunderbolts Annual 2000
    New Avengers (2004) #26-64
    Dark Reign: The List - Avengers
    New Avengers Annual #3
    New Avengers: Finale
    New Avengers (2015) #1-18
    Avengers: No Road Home #1-10
    Last edited by OOTCS; 07-25-2021 at 03:55 AM.

Spectacular Member

Thanks a lot for the recs. I should have been more specific about the older stuff, my main issue with the 60s-80s is that there is way too much text (main reason I got into comics is that I read them when I don't have enough energy to read normal books). That aspect is not so bad with the 90s stuff, but I'm reading the 90s X-Men right now and there is only so much early 90s comic book art I can take. Therefore the 1998 Thunderbolts sound awesome.

I've actually read Occupy Avengers and pretty much the entirety of Secret Empire, but I didn't realize that No Road Home was a sequel. I'll definitely check that and The Ultron Imperative as well since it's great to get some shorter reads when I'm boggled down into length-y X-books continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Unless Disney+ Hawkeye series could help Marvel to increase his prominent roles for Hawkeye since he has completely obstructed since the beginning of 2021.
    I'm still worried he's going to come off secondary next to Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still worried he's going to come off secondary next to Kate.
    I fear that but I also fear that like the previous MCU D+ shows, they just have so many stories to tell and so many characters to introduce and explore that the whole show is going to be rushed af. Six episodes just don't seem enough to cover everything.

Maybe Feige would feel regretful for greenlighting a Hawkeye solo project too late and would give it more seasons, focusing on Clint.