Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I've got to be honest: weren't it for seeing posts from shippers over at twitter I'd have no idea what strike team delta even is. I definitely have no idea where it came from haha.
    Strike Team Delta is from the first Avengers film. There's a point where they show some footage of Clint and Natasha from an operation in Abidjan and it labels them that way. It's also included in their SHIELD dossiers that were part of the fancy Phase I bluray set.
    SHIELD file Clint.jpg SHIELD file Natasha.jpg

Sorry they turned out sideways, I dunno how to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    Strike Team Delta is from the first Avengers film. There's a point where they show some footage of Clint and Natasha from an operation in Abidjan and it labels them that way. It's also included in their SHIELD dossiers that were part of the fancy Phase I bluray set.

This reminds me; was Clint always supposed to be part of the Avengers in the MCU according to Fury's plan, or was he just in the right place at the right time because of Loki's thing? I don't remember if it was mentioned...

Got it, thanks!
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    This reminds me; was Clint always supposed to be part of the Avengers in the MCU according to Fury's plan, or was he just in the right place at the right time because of Loki's thing? I don't remember if it was mentioned...
    I can't remember, but I think it's a bit complicated. Clint wasn't originally supposed to be brainwashed in the first movie, and I remember the box of one of the action figures saying something a out how he was there to take down Hulk, so it sounds like originally he was insurance against Hulk on the team but it got changed. I wish I still had the box but I'm a heathen and unbox all my stuff lol

Ultimate Member

I can't remember, but I think it's a bit complicated. Clint wasn't originally supposed to be brainwashed in the first movie, and I remember the box of one of the action figures saying something a out how he was there to take down Hulk, so it sounds like originally he was insurance against Hulk on the team but it got changed. I wish I still had the box but I'm a heathen and unbox all my stuff lol
    What could he have used to do that

I found it!
    Hawkeye action figure.jpg

This indicates he was always intended to be part of the Avengers Initiative, but unfortunately it didn't play out that way on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What could he have used to do that
    Probably a special arrow like he did when he banned Banner from partaking in Civil War II. Sorry for the pun.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Ultimate Member

Probably a special arrow like he did when he banned Banner from partaking in Civil War II. Sorry for the pun.
    Might've actually made MCU Hawkeye cool!

Might've actually made MCU Hawkeye cool!
    I'll forever be sad they were never able to film his scene for winter soldier because it sounded cool as hell.

My Twitter

Ultimate Member

I'll forever be sad they were never able to film his scene for winter soldier because it sounded cool as hell.
    He also hasn't really been shown to be close friends with most Avengers besides Nat and Wanda. Isn't he closer to the other Avengers as well?

Extraordinary Member

One of the mis-steps of the MCU (to me) was the lack of a Hawkeye movie. I know a lot of people wanted a Black Widow one earlier but she got a lot of screen time in other movies and Clint was the least featured.

I think one set contemporaneously to Winter Soldier would have been interesting. Release after WS and start the movie with the Hydra reveal....and then at at dramatic moment pull the "5 days earlier...." gimmick. Could have introduced a bunch or other characters like Mockinbird as an ally and Trickshot and Boomerange as enemies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    One of the mis-steps of the MCU (to me) was the lack of a Hawkeye movie. I know a lot of people wanted a Black Widow one earlier but she got a lot of screen time in other movies and Clint was the least featured.

I think one set contemporaneously to Winter Soldier would have been interesting. Release after WS and start the movie with the Hydra reveal....and then at at dramatic moment pull the "5 days earlier...." gimmick. Could have introduced a bunch or other characters like Mockinbird as an ally and Trickshot and Boomerange as enemies.
    They could've done a Hawkeye and Black Widow movie. Frankly idk if either has enough solo material, but at least them as a duo would've worked. Plus, he could've also been a real character, instead of insta-family and neo-Punisher

The family thing definitely derailed whatever had been planned and being the co-star or main support in a black widow movie didn't happen because there was no black widow movie for which we can in part blame Ike Perlmutter.
    And by then it just wasn't a high priority anymore.
    It is a problem when a characters story only gets told in ensemble movies that have a trillion other things going.

My Twitter

Ultimate Member

The family thing definitely derailed whatever had been planned and being the co-star or main support in a black widow movie didn't happen because there was no black widow movie for which we can in part blame Ike Perlmutter.
    And by then it just wasn't a high priority anymore.
    It is a problem when a characters story only gets told in ensemble movies that have a trillion other things going.
    Why did they even give a family to him? Then h3 forgets about them in civil war until Tony calls him out on it, then they're dusted and he decides to forget due process snd become a murderer. They obviously had no plans for his character progression. Let's hope D+ fixes that. It's worked for all thr other underused heroes

Why did they even give a family to him? Then h3 forgets about them in civil war until Tony calls him out on it, then they're dusted and he decides to forget due process snd become a murderer. They obviously had no plans for his character progression. Let's hope D+ fixes that. It's worked for all thr other underused heroes
    I don't have a source at hand right now but I've as mentioned before I read multiple times that like most of the decisions in that movie I disagree with that was all Whedon.
    He and marvel studios apparently butted heads more than once during production.

My Twitter