Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Liked it too. Lots of fun, it's well made, and the buddy dynamic they both have is charming. She's lovely, I like her even more than in the comics, to be honest.
    Can't say I'm too fond of how much of Clint's elements they gave to Kate, but I can deal with it if they show Clint's pass, somehow.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-25-2021 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just saw the first two episodes! Loved it! A lot of good elements from Hawkeye history are there! Clint and Kate have great characteristics, though I feel Kate is a bit more charismatic. The story is shaping up to be good though I was thrown off with episode 2's ending. Really the leader of the Tracksuit Mafia is spoilers:
    Echo?! Tell me MCU Echo is a bad guy here!
    end of spoilers

Really looking forward to what comes next!
    spoilers:
    I straight up expect her tracksuit mafia guys to "turn good" at some point. They are portrayed as way too funny and sympathetic to be the big bad of this show I feel. And echo just isn't a Villain. She probably has beef with them over the Ronin thing somehow. On that note: Echo's theme is a god damn banger.
    end of spoilers
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

I liked Clint's attitude so far. He is just so over all of it. He just wants to go home and be a husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Liked it too. Lots of fun, it's well made, and the buddy dynamic they both have is charming. She's lovely, I like her even more than in the comics, to be honest.
    Can't say I'm too fond of how much of Clint's elements they gave to Kate, but I can deal with it if they show Clint's pass, somehow.
    She did come off more likeable to me compared to comic Kate. Like, she has an attitude, but she's more respectful about it

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She did come off more likeable to me compared to comic Kate. Like, she has an attitude, but she's more respectful about it
    Yeah, and she also felt a little more chirpy, but also more naturally chirpy. I don't know, it's subtile, but the little differences are the big difference. I mean it's not like I dislike her in the comics, not at all. But... I like her way more here. She feels a bit clumsy here, too: competent and skilled, but clumsy, if that makes sense.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-25-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Yeah, and she also felt a little more chirpy, but also more naturally chirpy. I don't know, it's subtile, but the little differences are the big difference. I mean it's not like I dislike her in the comics, not at all. But... I like her way more here. She feels a bit clumsy here, too: competent and skilled, but clumsy, if that makes sense.
    I liked how she said people call her "the world's greatest archer" but quickly deflated when confronted about it. Compared to when she was all "the best Hawkeye" in the comics it was pretty amusing .

Lucky the Pizza Dog has his own Infinity Comic on Marvel Unlimited!

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    In the comics, no; Hawkeye creates his own arrows. He was actually never affiliated with SHIELD until after the MCU portrayed him as a SHIELD agent.
    Actually, the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon did that first. Clint debuted in Thor in 2011, but EMH started in 2010.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Actually, the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon did that first. Clint debuted in Thor in 2011, but EMH started in 2010.
    Although he was only a SHIELD agent in the cartoon for, like, the length of two shorts .

Well, technically, the Ultimate Universe did it first, but what I meant there was, Clint was never affiliated with SHIELD in 616 until after the MCU portrayed him as a SHIELD agent and then it was transferred to the comics via synergy.

I loved how Kate's complaint about Clint's branding problem felt like a critique of his Ultimate Hawkeye characterization .

Yeah the branding thing feels like the show going meta on how they messed that aspect up with Clint in the MCU.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Judging by the first two episodes this is easily my favorite Disney+ show. Opening with the battle of NY from a civilian's perspective was a great start. I'm glad they didn't go full Hawkguy with Clint. I like Hailee's Kate much better than the comic version, she's great. The tracksuit bros are funny, as was Rogers the Musical. And being the first post Endgame content to acknowledge that Tony isn't the only hero who died to save the world is also a plus.

The negatives: Some story developments were a tad too convenient but that didn't reduce my enjoyment. And some actors are really not even trying to hide their presumable heel turn at all, but that could also be a red herring at this point so let's see.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Judging by the first two episodes this is easily my favorite Disney+ show. Opening with the battle of NY from a civilian's perspective was a great start. I'm glad they didn't go full Hawkguy with Clint. I like Hailee's Kate much better than the comic version, she's great. The tracksuit bros are funny, as was Rogers the Musical. And being the first post Endgame content to acknowledge that Tony isn't the only hero who died to save the world is also a plus.

The negatives: Some story developments were a tad too convenient but that didn't reduce my enjoyment. And some actors are really not even trying to hide their presumable heel turn at all, but that could also be a red herring at this point so let's see.
    I hope Swordsman has something with Clint in this series although it doesn't look like it.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

You need to rewatch the opening scene of Spider-Man Far From Home. It starts with an obituary to Tony, Steve and Natasha.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope Swordsman has something with Clint in this series although it doesn't look like it.
    Given Tony Dalton's age the mentor role seems out of the question but I would also appreciate some twist reveal that connects them.

You need to rewatch the opening scene of Spider-Man Far From Home. It starts with an obituary to Tony, Steve and Natasha.
    Yeah and then the movie went on to show us for two hours how the world is missing Tony Stark. A one-second-clip in a montage made by some high school kids that was played out for laughs with its ridiculous song choice doesn't cut it for me.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.