Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546 LastLast

I'm really disappointed by the lack of Clint backstory in the Hawkeye show.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I can't say I ever really liked comics ash. I think Katie might be the only Barton kid I actually liked up until now.

And: ha! I know that hat you mean with the Thunderbolts. I think the last interactions he had with one of them in 616 might have been the time Melissa "betrayed" their then current team shortly after which Clint got caught up in all that Hulk killing biz.
    I was so confused by that because they were both triple agents? Or one of them was a double agent and the other one was a triple agent? I couldn't tell if the truth was that they were on the same side or not.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I was so confused by that because they were both triple agents? Or one of them was a double agent and the other one was a triple agent? I couldn't tell if the truth was that they were on the same side or not.
    So basically Clint was put on the team by Shield because they didn’t trust Roberto to run AIM (evil beekeepers and all that). Clint was put on the team as a double agent by Shield but was upfront about it cause Clint’s a good guy. Unbeknownst to Clint, Melissa was actually the real double agent though. But also unbeknownst to Shield, Melissa was actually working with Roberto the entire time. So basically tldr: Clint was the double agent but not really, and Melissa was the triple agent and they were both on the same side but Clint didn’t know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy Ran The Aluminum Foot View Post
    Ahhhh I hate that moment so much. Clint was being such a jerk but rightfully so given what he knew (see: didn’t know), but mannn, poor Melissa I felt so bad. Then of course Bendis snatched Clint out of Ewings hands and took away any closure to that incident LOL. I have waited years for those two to make up and be friends again, but apparently Clint isn’t allowed to have healthy relationships
    That's sad. At least we still have memories of how their friendship started, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy Ran The Aluminum Foot View Post
    Ahhhh I hate that moment so much. Clint was being such a jerk but rightfully so given what he knew (see: didn’t know), but mannn, poor Melissa I felt so bad. Then of course Bendis snatched Clint out of Ewings hands and took away any closure to that incident LOL. I have waited years for those two to make up and be friends again, but apparently Clint isn’t allowed to have healthy relationships
    It was probably my favourite moment of a run I otherwise found pretty forgettable to be honest.
    Precisely because it hurt haha.

But the issue that he doesn't get any healthy interactions anymore is certainly true.
    He had one talk with Bruce after the incident and that one straight up sucked compared to his prior chat with Amadeus Cho and he had a single run in with Cap (outside of Freefall) that was played for laughs after Secret Empire in a Spiderman book they both just guest starred in during which the man revealed that he had no idea Clint's then west coast Avengers team even existed.

Like Steven, dude, buddy... your friend here led the charge against "your" evil empire while being one of the few to not give up on your ass during that time.
    You could at least go and catch up with your friend every so often.

Nowadays he really only has Kate (with whom he's in a good place now I think compared to all new Hawkeye), Natasha (because Thompson generally gives a damn about character interactions) and the Bucksman (because Rosenberg wrote fun interactions).

It's implied that he occasionally hangs with Jess and the other New Avengers from the dark reign era.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I like Ethan Sacks and the wasteland universe, but we really are seeing more of Old Man Clint than regular Clint huh? 5 dollars says they boot him into 616 for a bit like Logan lol

I would not be too sure. For one we kinda already did that with the videogame and secondly: I think it's more that they really like the Wasteland as a concept and Clint us the second most popular character that's attached to it.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean in the first time ever since in Avengers movie, Hawkeye is always treat as a secondary character. Of course, it is the best they can do is to sideline him as often.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Same. Sad that the MCU has neglected Clint and staggered his development for 10 years that even the show that's meant to be his solo outing just continues to sideline him because they know he won't be a huge draw so they focus on introducing and pushing the new characters instead. At this point, even Clint's wife is going to get a backstory instead of him lol

The Hawkeye EP promised that the show will address Clint's backstory but with only episode aka 59 minutes left with so many plot threads to resolve, who knows if they'll have time to address it, let alone adequately address it.

I'm still holding out hope that they're saving his backstory for the extra-long last episode. Maybe we'll even get a Barney appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I'm still holding out hope that they're saving his backstory for the extra-long last episode. Maybe we'll even get a Barney appearance.
    Yeah, I've been waiting for them to mention Barney the whole time.

They are obviously saving it for season 2!

Let me dream.

My Twitter

Yeah, I've been waiting for them to mention Barney the whole time.
    I know, right?! Still have memories of those flashbacks from Solo Avengers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Still have memories of those flashbacks from Solo Avengers

Would have been nice to see some of that in this series. I always though there should have been a Hawkeye movie...maybe during phase 2...since Clint really did not get a lot of love in up through Endgame. Thor cameo, Civil War and 3 of the 4 team movies. Something that focused on him during that time and fleshed out him and his past a little more would have been nice. Maybe Trick Shot was his mentor in SHIELD...but chose to side with Hydra.

With regards to the finale...

They really didn't need that spoilers:
    19 on the watch at the end. But I guess that the 'Agent 19' designation could be re-assigned
    end of spoilers

And I am not sure the credit scene is worth it.