Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Clint Barton: Hawkeye Appreciation 2021

He is the worlds Greatest Marksmen, he is Clint Barton, he is...
    Hawkeye

Stuff that's been happening recently:

- Hawkeye appeared throughout the current Black Widow run which will be on pause this month. He'll most certainly show up in issue #5 too given that it's the arc finale.
    - A short and in my opinion, not great appearance in the last Issue of Spider-Women
    - His and Natasha's daughter Katie Barton accompanies Captain Marvel and other new Superheroes in her current adventures set in the future.
    - The Hawkeye Freefall TPB just dropped. Haven't got my hands on it yet, very much plan to do so though since I only have the issues in digital form.
    - A lot of pictures and Clips of the Disney+ show dropped. We have a thread for that right here
    - After guest starring in Kate's DLC for the Square Enix Avengers game, his own Story DLC is due to come out "early 2021". No specific date is known as far as I am aware.

I think that is all.

Last years thread can be found here.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I like Clint, he's the coolest.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The Mark Bagley version of Hawkeye is an all-time favorite...

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Hawkguy...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The Mark Bagley version of Hawkeye is an all-time favorite...

Hard to believe that Clint didn't show up in Thunderbolts until issue #20 considering how important he is to the team. Nowadays, most new titles wouldn't even have reached that point!

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Hawkguy...
    How dare you? :T

"̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Happy New Year to Clint and all his fans .

Thank you for starting this thread off right with the right costume .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Clint and all his fans .

Thank you for starting this thread off right with the right costume .
    I use the same pic every year so unless someone's else beats me to it or I become inactive - Spoilers for next year: it will probably be the same

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I use the same pic every year so unless someone's else beats me to it or I become inactive - Spoilers for next year: it will probably be the same
    I appreciate your consistency hehe.

Here's hoping Clint gets a main role in a new book sooner rather than later! Personally I would prefer a team book rather than another solo, so fingers crossed for something good!

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Happy (belated) New Year to my fellow Hawkeye fans!

It was fun meeting and interacting with all of you in last year's appreciation thread. You all have been nothing but welcoming towards me and I am grateful for that.

Hopefully, 2021 will be a great year for us all Hawkeye fans and that a lot of amazing content will be out for our boi. Hoping for a new solo comic run and I'm not opposed to another Clint/Bucky team-up comic as well heheh

I've been reading Busiek's Thunderbolts run currently. I was tempted to skip straight to issue #21 when he took over as Thunderbolts' leader but I resisted it and started from the beginning. Not a fan of the roster except for Moonstone and Zemo, of course. Screaming Mimi too, but I like her as Songbird better. I read Avengers #16 when Hawkeye first became an Avengers member last year and I was puzzled that he, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch received such a welcoming response from the public since they all started as villains. Well, Thunderbolts issue #9 basically retconned that and had the public jeering at them, even after they had defeated Radioactive Man and saved innocent people, which is great. I really love Hawkeye's interactions with Quicksilver too. Hawkeye was so brash and bold, very sure and proud of himself and his skills...I really love and miss 90s Hawkeye. I'm only at #11 now. Progress is slow because I'm kinda afraid of what's going to happen once Hawkeye joins the Thunderbolts team. Pretty sure it's going to take them a loooong time to trust him. And Hawkeye will probably romance with Moonstone.

- The Hawkeye Freefall TPB just dropped. Haven't got my hands on it yet, very much plan to do so though since I only have the issues in digital form.
    That's cool. I bought all the individual issues of Freefall. Here's my collection. I uploaded it in the Hawkeye subreddit too.

- A lot of pictures and Clips of the Disney+ show dropped. We have a thread for that.
    Excited for this one!

- After guest starring in Kate's DLC for the Square Enix Avengers game, his own Story DLC is due to come out "early 2021". No specific date is known as far as I am aware.
    I hope the story will be good and he'll no longer have the skinhead.

Btw, a question. Is it okay if I plug in my Clint Barton fanfics here or is it not allowed?

Rosenberg has hinted recently on Twitter than he has much bigger plans for Clint/Hawkeye, however he hasn't been approached or asked to pitch anything yet. This NEEDS to see the light of day. C'mon Marvel. Do the right thing.

I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed but when in doubt reread the forum rules (I got temporarily banned on another forum because I linked to a thread in a different forum. Rules are weird sometimes) or ask a mod directly.

Frontier seems to always be around anyway for example.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Rosenberg has hinted recently on Twitter than he has much bigger plans for Clint/Hawkeye, however he hasn't been approached or asked to pitch anything yet. This NEEDS to see the light of day. C'mon Marvel. Do the right thing.
    Yeah I saw it too. Even if I hadn't enjoyed Freefall (I mean, I did) I'd be curious what he has in mind. It's not like it seems likely that anyone else is interested in picking up the torch right now. Might as well let him finish what he has set in motion, right?

Yes, yes I know that is not exactly how biz works but still :T
    Last edited by Matternativ; 01-01-2021 at 08:05 PM.

My Twitter

Clint is in the preview for MODOK: Head Games #2 out this week (https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/31/ma...-head-games-2/)! It's unclear if he has more of a role in the rest of the issue or not.

If i Had to guess: Probably not. But good to see him showing up around anyway. Even if it's another case of a story completely ignoring the ending of Freefall

My Twitter

Jeremy Renner Quarantine training at home

https://twitter.com/JeremyRenner/sta...71660156014593