Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    Oh yeah I intentionally forgot about Landy's FTATWS because I was severely underwhelmed by it and wanted the run to be erased in my memory.

Never read MK before.

Please don't. Is Lemire still even writing for Marvel?

I would rather a writer that actually enjoys Clint as a character and understands his history, abilities and motivations. A shame that Gruenwald has passed away. I quite enjoyed his 1988 Hawkeye limited series. I think Busiek understood Clint best too. Rosenberg is kinda a close second (and hopefully will bring back the Bucky x Clint bromance).
    Personally, I thought Fabian Nicieza could also be included. I enjoyed his version of Clint, as well
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-22-2021 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Personally, I thought Fabian Nicieza could also be included. I enjoyed his version of Clint, as well
    Busiek and Nicieza's runs on Thunderbolts were so tightly integrated that I can't even tell where one ends and the next one begins. They're both fantastic with Clint, but they do a very limited amount of work with Marvel these days, unfortunately for us

I like Rosenberg's sense of humor and I think he gets Clint to a large extent, but he has an extremely pessimistic storytelling style, and Clint has already been through so much. I love a big serving of angst, but I prefer a happy ending to go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Busiek and Nicieza's runs on Thunderbolts were so tightly integrated that I can't even tell where one ends and the next one begins. They're both fantastic with Clint, but they do a very limited amount of work with Marvel these days, unfortunately for us

I like Rosenberg's sense of humor and I think he gets Clint to a large extent, but he has an extremely pessimistic storytelling style, and Clint has already been through so much. I love a big serving of angst, but I prefer a happy ending to go along with it.
    I think my bigger issue with Rosenberg wasn't really how he wrote Clint (though I will forever struggle with parts of that in Freefall), but how he wrote how other characters treated Clint, and that's something I really don't want to see any more of.

I do have the feeling that if they give Clint another book to coincide with the show, it'll be a teamup with Kate, like the Sam/Bucky book. Likely only a mini though, I'd guess. I'm still hoping for some Avengers book shakeups so we could get a classic team book.

Speaking of, considering just the current creators at Marvel, which writer and artist would everyone want to see on a team book that features Clint, and what other characters would you include?

Artist: Cecchetto or Casa Grande
    Team:
    Steve Rogers
    Clint (duh)
    Nat
    Wolverine (Laura)
    Sif
    Carol Danvers
    Jessica Drew
    Luke Cage

With Dr Stranger helping out when they need some magic Mumbo jumbo

Writer: Honestly, no idea. I always appreciate Thompson but she's got a lot of plates spinning already.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 04-23-2021 at 01:50 PM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Artist: Cecchetto or Casa Grande
    Team:
    Steve Rogers
    Clint (duh)
    Nat
    Wolverine (Laura)
    Sif
    Carol Danvers
    Jessica Drew
    Luke Cage

With Dr Stranger helping out when they need some magic Mumbo jumbo

Writer: Honestly, no idea. I always appreciate Thompson but she's got a lot of plates spinner spinning already.
    I love this team! I have never thought to add Sif to an Avengers team despite loving her, and she would add a really interesting element to it! And so many great dynamics here! I'm sold.

I also need more Checchetto Clint in my life.

I figured Thor (either version) was a bit too boring an answer and the roster already seemed rather conventional so yeah Sif as the token Asgardian would be fun I reckon.

Also yes: Forever sad that Cecchetto didn't draw the flashback issue of old man hawkeye.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Mighty Member

Clint deserves an ongoing. Not just a mini and guest appearances in other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I think my bigger issue with Rosenberg wasn't really how he wrote Clint (though I will forever struggle with parts of that in Freefall), but how he wrote how other characters treated Clint, and that's something I really don't want to see any more of.
    I don't think it's more of an issue with Rosenberg than any other writer who's gotten their hands on Clint the past few years, but yeah, that too.

Speaking of, considering just the current creators at Marvel, which writer and artist would everyone want to see on a team book that features Clint, and what other characters would you include?
    Al Ewing is one of my favorites for team books, and he handled Clint very well in New Avengers and Avengers: No Road Home. I've also been impressed with Carmen Carneno's work on Captain Marvel and I think she could do well on a team book.

For the team itself, I'm torn between a classic West Coast Avengers revival and a Secret Avengers type thing. For a WCA roster, I'd like Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Tigra, Ant-Man (Scott or Raz), Falcon, Atlas, and She-Hulk.

For Secret Avengers, I don't want it to be run by SHIELD or any other shady organization that keeps secrets from its operatives; I want the people in the field to be the same people that make the decisions, so that they can't be manipulated like they have been in the past. We need the foursome of Bucky, Natasha, Clint, and Bobbi to finally be on a team together (it still boggles the mind that it hasn't happened yet for more than a single mission in that one issue of Punisher). Rounding it out, I'd add War Machine, Quake, and Silk.

Ewing isn't a bad pick. Clint was more of a side character in New avengers but the "Difficult for myself? Agent, I was born difficult for myself" moment is freaking iconic.
    Wasn't a fan at all of no road home and it's sister event but those had multiple writers including Waid if I recall so that's not a huge surprise to me.

I do actually have a whole secret Avengers type story sitting in my head for months now and the "spy-quartet" would definitely be part of it but I'd probably piss off a lot of shippers with that one, lmao.
    Besides, I don't write fanfic (with no disrespect to people who do)

Anyway in other news: I made a Spotify fan mix for Blint Carton and figured I might as well drop it here in case anyone cares: Clicky-click

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    Since everyone hated Disassembled, I would give David Finch another chance with Clint (just to make amends, hopefully):

As for writer, my choice is definitely Christopher Priest

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-23-2021 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I like Disassembled actually.

The whole Disassembled -> Heroic Age road of stories was my introduction to comics.

My Twitter

There's just way too much baggage for me to enjoy Disassembled as a story. Like Wanda.
    I don't think it's more of an issue with Rosenberg than any other writer who's gotten their hands on Clint the past few years, but yeah, that too.

Al Ewing is one of my favorites for team books, and he handled Clint very well in New Avengers and Avengers: No Road Home. I've also been impressed with Carmen Carneno's work on Captain Marvel and I think she could do well on a team book.

For the team itself, I'm torn between a classic West Coast Avengers revival and a Secret Avengers type thing. For a WCA roster, I'd like Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Tigra, Ant-Man (Scott or Raz), Falcon, Atlas, and She-Hulk.

For Secret Avengers, I don't want it to be run by SHIELD or any other shady organization that keeps secrets from its operatives; I want the people in the field to be the same people that make the decisions, so that they can't be manipulated like they have been in the past. We need the foursome of Bucky, Natasha, Clint, and Bobbi to finally be on a team together (it still boggles the mind that it hasn't happened yet for more than a single mission in that one issue of Punisher). Rounding it out, I'd add War Machine, Quake, and Silk.
    Secret Avengers is a no-go for me because I'm tired of spy Clint.

I'd like to see Ewing use him more though.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Nice! All the Hawkeye solos are on my read list. The only Hawkeye solos I've read are Gruenwald's 1988 run, Fraction's run and Rosenberg's Hawkeye: Freefall. I want to savour them all slowly before I catch up with all of them.

Mighty Member

They absolutely have an issue killing people. It's against the Avengers charter to kill, and Avengers have been court-martialed for accidental killing, including when Clint accidentally killed Egghead, if I recall correctly. On top of that, Clint famously kicked Mockingbird, his own wife, out of the Avengers because she decided not to save the life of her rapist during a fight.
    RCO013_1575961148.jpg
    That's solve so easily.

I'm not gonna post it here because we have our own thread for that but pics from the Hawkeye D+ Show reveal him wearing a "comic accurate" costume.
    spoilers:
    Or how I'd call it: An under-armour sweatshirt with his logo on it
    end of spoilers

My Twitter