Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I've been loving the series more as a Bobbi fan than as a shipper (the most common ship names are Hawkingbird, Clintbobbi, and Bobbiclint), since they're not together and haven't interacted much, but I do appreciate how much respect they're putting on her name. With her being nearly completely absent from comics these days (and in her 50th year!!!), it's really special that somebody decided not only to introduce her as a character in this series, but to make her a really complex character who has to struggle with the conflict between keeping her daughter safe one the one hand and staying true to her values on the other, and what that means in the fascist, totalitarian world that they live in.

Clint himself reminds me more of the original Old Man Logan with all of his despair, but I'm interested in the slight changes they made to the Wastelands overall. I listened to the Old Man Star-Lord series, and there are some things that they either streamlined or improved (in my opinion)—for example, in the original series, Emma Frost made a political alliance with Doom, and Logan thinks of her as a traitor, but in the podcast, Emma is much closer to the type of hero she's depicted as today in the comic books, while still being in character.

I've also been pleasantly surprised at how much mutant politics comes into play in the Hawkeye series. In the comics (616 and Wasteland), Hawkeye doesn't usually have a lot to do with the mutants, but in the podcast series, nearly all of the supporting characters are ex-Brotherhood members. They talk a lot about what it was like being a mutant in the old days compared with the current environment, and about Magneto's choice to side with the villains, despite the cost, and whether it was the right choice or not. As an X-fan, it adds a whole additional layer to the show.
    I strongly urge you all to reconsider Morton! :P

Kidding aside: I agree with that take on Bobbi so far.
    I brought it up in the context of shipping since it's the Clint thread and I didn't want to get "off topic" so to speak.

As for the political aspect: Yeah I enjoy that as well as the inclusivity in the form of Max even if it's another case of such a character only appearing in flashbacks because they aren't around anymore.
    Can't say I know much about the mutants that have appeared so far but I've traditionally not been a very X-Men focused person. (Currently reading Hickmans X-Men & Fallen Angels to see what Laura did between her last solo and now and both are kinda painful to read but yeah that is truly off topic haha)
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like Clint's getting the short shrift these days.
    Sad but true.

That's looking pretty rad!
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Hilariously accurate video by some tik tok guys about the differences between MCU Clint and Comics Clint.
    Klick me

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Hilariously accurate video by some tik tok guys about the differences between MCU Clint and Comics Clint.
    Klick me
    Ha! Priceless .

Strong Fraction vibes from this new teaser
    Chances of not watching rising.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I read the Black Widow Infinity Comic recently and Clint had Charlene's 'I've Never Been To Me' as his phone ringtone. I thought it was a fun comic and it depicted the Clint/Natasha dynamic that have been explored for decades so well. Natasha stringing in Clint for her personal mission because she knew Clint wouldn't question her too much and because of Clint's skills as well. She did reveal her true intention to Clint behind the mission after it ended at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I read the Black Widow Infinity Comic recently and Clint had Charlene's 'I've Never Been To Me' as his phone ringtone. I thought it was a fun comic and it depicted the Clint/Natasha dynamic that have been explored for decades so well. Natasha stringing in Clint for her personal mission because she knew Clint wouldn't question her too much and because of Clint's skills as well. She did reveal her true intention to Clint behind the mission after it ended at least.
    I'm kind of tired of the Clint/Natasha dynamic, at least as it is now, because it keeps feeling like Clint is a puppy dog Natasha can just string along and get him to do whatever she needs and basically using him until the end when she's more open with other people.

Clint deserves better.

I did always like them teaming up as colleagues, friends or otherwise (not too picky in that regard).
    In the context of the Infinity comic it worked well enough but I'll concede between how Tales of Suspense ended and their short meeting in Freefall I'm pretty happy Thompson picked their relationship up and not Rosenberg.
    In her hands Natasha values the people around her quite a bit.

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

Happy Halloween everyone!

hawkeyeHalloween.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I did always like them teaming up as colleagues, friends or otherwise (not too picky in that regard).
    Me too. My favorite will always be the time when Nat had that team-up with Clint & his T-Bolts (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-31-2021 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

I'm kind of tired of the Clint/Natasha dynamic, at least as it is now, because it keeps feeling like Clint is a puppy dog Natasha can just string along and get him to do whatever she needs and basically using him until the end when she's more open with other people.

Clint deserves better.
    When you put it that way, it does feel one-sided ^^;

I guess at hands of certain writers, they make Natasha feel very grateful and loyal towards Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

hawkeyeHalloween.jpg
    Love this comic. He took a selfie of himself doing the duck-face too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

hawkeyeHalloween.jpg
    It's fun, but I wonder if it's inappropriate to dress up as Ultron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    When you put it that way, it does feel one-sided ^^;

I guess at hands of certain writers, they make Natasha feel very grateful and loyal towards Clint.
    True.

Astonishing Member

It's fun, but I wonder if it's inappropriate to dress up as Ultron.
    People dress up as monsters, vampires, ghost, zombies, etc. Ultron should certainly qualify.

He could also get out his old circus performer mini-skirt costume and go as "slutty archer"....but not when handing out candy to kids. That costume should be saved for later.