Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast

Yeah well pretty hard to get rid of his foundation at this point
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

On the bright side, at least there is a new collected edition for Hawkeye to be released next year.

https://www.bookdepository.com/Hawke.../9781302934484

It collects Hawkeye (1983) 1-4; Avengers (1963) 16, 63-65, 189, 223; Marvel Team-Up (1972) 22, 92, 95; Captain America (1968) 317; material from Tales of Suspense (1959) 57, 60, 64; Marvel Tales (1964) 100; Marvel Fanfare (1982) 3, 39; Marvel Super Action (1976) 1. I like that it includes all his Tales of Suspense appearances before he joined the Avengers.

Mighty Member

Unfortunately 2021 is not kind toward Clint Barton. He has become irrelevant ever since when he is no longer on the Avengers. Even Kate Bishop get a solo mini book just in time for the Disney+ series, and there Kate has more background story more than Clint. Let us sink that he is the only founder Avengers to not have any solo book ever since the Matt Fraction run. Nothing new content for him.

So in conclusion, if you ask if Hawkeye will be fine in 2022. I am afraid thing is getting worse.

Bit dramatic, don't you think. The Fraction run was an absolute outlier in that it's the only lengthy Solo the man ever had (and it ain't much more of a solo venture than All New Hawkeye was if we are being real).
    And while he certainly could be more prominent we're getting a one shot soon, he still has his own show which I don't think will be his farewell from the MCU and he's got a pretty gripping audio drama going.
    Furthermore he's had a number of guest appearances especially prominently in Black Widows ongoing.

So yeah he's not getting much focus right now but he's hardly forgotten nor is it likely he'll ever be in a Tigra or Hank Pym situation for a really long time.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Not to mention that Clint isn't a founding Avenger and the closest thing Janet's ever had to a solo was a one-shot event tie-in book last month.

But yeah, while Clint is being underused at the moment, he's not invisible. He shows up in other people's books all the time, and he's been in a whole bunch of different Avengers teams over the past decade (although it's been a while and I do think they need to put him back on the team!).

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

While I do get that Fraction's Hawkeye run is a huge fan-favourite (personally, I didn't enjoy it. My fave Hawkeye solo is and will always be Gruenwald's 1983 Hawkeye solo min-series), I notice that a lot of people act as if Fraction's Hawkeye is the only Clint Barton iteration to ever exist. It just annoys me tbh especially from fans who say they don't read any comics and just make their own assumptions about Clint from googling the comic panels.

"Nothing new Hawkeye content since Fraction?" There are Old Man Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense: Hawkeye and the Winter Soldier, Secret Avengers, Occupy Avengers and most recently, Hawkeye: Freefall that had an impressive debut. He's definitely not forgotten because he's appeared in some comics runs this year, most prominently Thompson's Black Widow run.

For the case of the MCU, Hawkeye EP Trinh Tran did say that "there are a lot of stories to tell about Clint Barton post-Hawkeye" which implies that Clint's arc is still yet not over even after Hawkeye ends.

I think Lawtoyoto was specifically talking about solo runs so no team books or minis.

My Twitter

What was his last (good) guest appearance? Widow's book?

Widow's book and Widow's Infinity one-shot although it was very young readers focused.

My Twitter

The last episode of the Wasteland Audio Drama was released yesterday.

spoilers:
    I enjoyed it a lot overall. While the ending didn't necessarily blow me away it was still adequate at the very least and I especially enjoyed the part with Zemo.
    Ash was a really fun co-protagonist and her different relationships with the others where arguably more interesting than Clint's even.
    As for Clint: As meh as I generally am on the romance front between him and Bobbinbird, the circumstances were different enough to put a fresh spin on it.
    I thought it was funny that Kate was the one still fighting this time around other than the old man Hawkeye comic where she led that refuge outpost. I did think it a bit odd that she was kinda just gone in the end. I expected her to show up any second.
    end of spoilers

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post

spoilers:
    I enjoyed it a lot overall. While the ending didn't necessarily blow me away it was still adequate at the very least and I especially enjoyed the part with Zemo.
    Ash was a really fun co-protagonist and her different relationships with the others where arguably more interesting than Clint's even.
    As for Clint: As meh as I generally am on the romance front between him and Bobbinbird, the circumstances were different enough to put a fresh spin on it.
    I thought it was funny that Kate was the one still fighting this time around other than the old man Hawkeye comic where she led that refuge outpost. I did think it a bit odd that she was kinda just gone in the end. I expected her to show up any second.
    end of spoilers
    What I thought was really cool was the way Ash's ending paid homage to her comic counterpart, but in a hopeful and uplifting way. In the comics, all this "Kingdom of Zemo" stuff was the Kingdom of the Kingpin, with Kingpin being the king and ruling that part of the country. Ashley Barton wasn't quite a hero in that universe, and she killed the Kingpin, but not to make things better, rather to take his power for herself and become the new Kingpin. And I thought this story was better in that it kept challenging Clint's revenge quest, reminding him that killing all the people who killed his friends wouldn't bring them back, and that he finally internalized that lesson and became a hero again at the end.

I don't think Kate's story was very different—I think she was mostly helping people find refuge the same way she did in the comics, except that in this case, she wasn't running the safe place herself, she was just helping people get somewhere safe... (Canada, I assume?)

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    What I thought was really cool was the way Ash's ending paid homage to her comic counterpart, but in a hopeful and uplifting way. In the comics, all this "Kingdom of Zemo" stuff was the Kingdom of the Kingpin, with Kingpin being the king and ruling that part of the country. Ashley Barton wasn't quite a hero in that universe, and she killed the Kingpin, but not to make things better, rather to take his power for herself and become the new Kingpin. And I thought this story was better in that it kept challenging Clint's revenge quest, reminding him that killing all the people who killed his friends wouldn't bring them back, and that he finally internalized that lesson and became a hero again at the end.

I don't think Kate's story was very different—I think she was mostly helping people find refuge the same way she did in the comics, except that in this case, she wasn't running the safe place herself, she was just helping people get somewhere safe... (Canada, I assume?)
    Must have slept on that part, I was somehow under the impression she was still "Fighting the fight" moreso than playing saviour but I did listen to some of it during work haha.

I didn't make the connection for ash but that might explain why spoilers:
    they didn't just have Max become Zemo.
    I thought that between being presumed dead by everyone and most likely less apparently feminine they would make for an obvious choice on that front.
    But if it's a callback to old Man Logan I can see how that makes sense.
    end of spoilers

My Twitter

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    It was a good listen, I like how both this and the prequel comic both did a twist with Clint’s revenge on Zemo. I like comics Ash a lot more than this version but she was fun in her own way, and they seemed to have ended both her story and Clint’s in a way that can be followed up on, so I really hope that happens at some point. All in all I'm satisfied with Wastelanders: Hawkeye. Now, if I could just get some Clint interactions with the original Thunderbolts that doesn’t involve murdering them.

I can't say I ever really liked comics ash. I think Katie might be the only Barton kid I actually liked up until now.

And: ha! I know that hat you mean with the Thunderbolts. I think the last interactions he had with one of them in 616 might have been the time Melissa "betrayed" their then current team shortly after which Clint got caught up in all that Hulk killing biz.

My Twitter

I can't say I ever really liked comics ash. I think Katie might be the only Barton kid I actually liked up until now.

And: ha! I know that hat you mean with the Thunderbolts. I think the last interactions he had with one of them in 616 might have been the time Melissa "betrayed" their then current team shortly after which Clint got caught up in all that Hulk killing biz.
    Ahhhh I hate that moment so much. Clint was being such a jerk but rightfully so given what he knew (see: didn’t know), but mannn, poor Melissa I felt so bad. Then of course Bendis snatched Clint out of Ewings hands and took away any closure to that incident LOL. I have waited years for those two to make up and be friends again, but apparently Clint isn’t allowed to have healthy relationships