Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Guess for people who only know Clint's post-Fraction stuff it might be hard imagining Hawkguy being the leader of anything and it not ending in complete chaos
    Or that he's not a complete mess with relationships and an actual functioning adult .

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Guess for people who only know Clint's post-Fraction stuff it might be hard imagining Hawkguy being the leader of anything and it not ending in complete chaos
    Didn't the secret Avengers team he led release around the same time or even after the fraction books?

Oh well when in doubt we can pretend leading the anti hydra resistance or occupy Avengers count.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or that he's not a complete mess with relationships and an actual functioning adult .
    I know, right?! Clint even had a job working security at one point (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-24-2021 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I feel like one of the reasons they did not delve into Clint's backstory in the Hawkeye show is because they find his character a hard sell (after being sidelined in the movies for 10 years) and they need to focus on making more people care about him. I still appreciate what they gave us, even though they could've given so much more.

spoilers:
    The show made him canonically HoH, gave him a more comic-accurate costume, gave him a montage of creating his own trick arrows and alluded to his circus past (coin flip trick, splitting an arrow into two, German suplex move). I like the MCU Kate more than 616 Kate tbh even if the show gave some of 616 Clint's traits and characters to her. Imo I prefer Kate idolising Clint rather than constantly teasing him for being the "better Hawkeye". Imo it would've been great if the show had established the dichotomy between Kate and Clint in terms of their archery training i.e. Kate the rich girl who is able to afford expensive archery classes vs Clint, an orphan who grew up in a circus and learnt archery from shady people, hence the poor archery form.

The writers and director probably think that a story about Clint and Kate alone won't generate high levels of interest and viewership for the show, so they had to bring in fan-favourites like Yelena and Kingpin in the second half of the show. The meaty scenes they gave to Yelena were a gift to Yelena fans, not so much for the Hawkeye fans. And it seems that Yelena and Kate may just get their own Black Widow and Hawkeye duo project greenlit, which Natasha and Clint couldn't years ago due to Perlmutter.

I must be in the minority who does not mind Laura being Agent 19. I'm all up for an adaptation of Hawkeye and Mockingbird having a healthy and functional relationship. Not to mention they're both the founding members of the West Coast Avengers, which could get greenlit by Marvel Studios in the future. It would've been nice to see how Laura and Clint met in their early SHIELD days. They could make Natasha be his wingman since she helped out Cap in The Winter Soldier.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I feel like one of the reasons they did not delve into Clint's backstory in the Hawkeye show is because they find his character a hard sell (after being sidelined in the movies for 10 years) and they need to focus on making more people care about him. I still appreciate what they gave us, even though they could've given so much more.

spoilers:
    The show made him canonically HoH, gave him a more comic-accurate costume, gave him a montage of creating his own trick arrows and alluded to his circus past (coin flip trick, splitting an arrow into two, German suplex move). I like the MCU Kate more than 616 Kate tbh even if the show gave some of 616 Clint's traits and characters to her. Imo I prefer Kate idolising Clint rather than constantly teasing him for being the "better Hawkeye". Imo it would've been great if the show had established the dichotomy between Kate and Clint in terms of their archery training i.e. Kate the rich girl who is able to afford expensive archery classes vs Clint, an orphan who grew up in a circus and learnt archery from shady people, hence the poor archery form.

The writers and director probably think that a story about Clint and Kate alone won't generate high levels of interest and viewership for the show, so they had to bring in fan-favourites like Yelena and Kingpin in the second half of the show. The meaty scenes they gave to Yelena were a gift to Yelena fans, not so much for the Hawkeye fans. And it seems that Yelena and Kate may just get their own Black Widow and Hawkeye duo project greenlit, which Natasha and Clint couldn't years ago due to Perlmutter.

I must be in the minority who does not mind Laura being Agent 19. I'm all up for an adaptation of Hawkeye and Mockingbird having a healthy and functional relationship. Not to mention they're both the founding members of the West Coast Avengers, which could get greenlit by Marvel Studios in the future. It would've been nice to see how Laura and Clint met in their early SHIELD days. They could make Natasha be his wingman since she helped out Cap in The Winter Soldier.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I appreciate that they adapted the modern suit even if it's one of my least favorite Hawkeye costumes.

I think that, while fans appreciate Kate's brashness and sass, a more humble and respectful Kate in this series really did her wonders and helped people relate to her and her reason for wanting to be Hawkeye. And none of that "best Hawkeye" nonsense.

I wonder if they'll explore more about Laura at some point.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

With 2021 is going to be over, what's the future holds for Clint Barton? I doubt it will much contents regarding about the comics except the MCU story isn't expect to be a lot after the Marvel Hawkeye.

Moreover, we are getting more AU Hawkeye (Heroes Reborn, Wastelanders) contents more than the main classic Hawkeye.

Yeah I feel like right now our only hope of seeing him in the comics is either another avengers team book or Thompson cramming him in as many of her ongoings as she can.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter