Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I second enjoying his showing in today's Black Widow. I was particular taken with the scene of spoilers:
    Clint on the beam in the ceiling targeting various assailants during the fight.
    end of spoilers The art was absolutely stunning.
    Last edited by justanotherclassic; 02-17-2021 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Fixed
    [ spoil ] should end in [ /spoil ]

Minus the spaces in-between

But yeah that was another absolute favourite moment.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 02-17-2021 at 05:02 PM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    [ spoil ] should end in [ /spoil ]

Minus the spaces in-between

But yeah that was another absolute favourite moment.
    Ahhh! Thanks! Fixed.

But yeah, lots of good Clint moments here. Also, his scene talking with Natasha felt incredibly human.

spoilers:
    His scene talking to Natasha at the end (and also the little one before when he was clearly worried about her) were my favourite things and just really hit me in the feels like nothing about the fake family could. Because I love these characters and have an attachment to them and their relationship, it really worked for me. I love how he didn't want to talk about his feelings because of what she'd just been through, but in the end just wanted to be with her and support her through this in any way she needed him. It felt right.

Also he had some amazing action shots. Definitely the best thing about this issue for me, especially those few moments already mentioned in this thread. Also loved the Natasha/Clint/Yelena shots.

How does everyone feel about him seemingly having no issue killing people in this book? It's an aspect of Clint that's pretty solid, but there's been instances when he slips, and some that have been unclear. Like I've never been clear on if he killed the Tracksuit Mafia in Fraction's run or not, and nobody really talks about it. He definitely killed people here. Do we think this is actual fallout to Freefall, or that the baddies killing Natasha's family and trying to kill her was enough to make him throw his morals out the window?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    spoilers:
    His scene talking to Natasha at the end (and also the little one before when he was clearly worried about her) were my favourite things and just really hit me in the feels like nothing about the fake family could. Because I love these characters and have an attachment to them and their relationship, it really worked for me. I love how he didn't want to talk about his feelings because of what she'd just been through, but in the end just wanted to be with her and support her through this in any way she needed him. It felt right.

Also he had some amazing action shots. Definitely the best thing about this issue for me, especially those few moments already mentioned in this thread. Also loved the Natasha/Clint/Yelena shots.

How does everyone feel about him seemingly having no issue killing people in this book? It's an aspect of Clint that's pretty solid, but there's been instances when he slips, and some that have been unclear. Like I've never been clear on if he killed the Tracksuit Mafia in Fraction's run or not, and nobody really talks about it. He definitely killed people here. Do we think this is actual fallout to Freefall, or that the baddies killing Natasha's family and trying to kill her was enough to make him throw his morals out the window?
    end of spoilers
    Good question, I noticed that myself.
    One possibility is that Danny kinda forgot about the iron flee-... wrong franchise, oopsie.
    And I doubt Thompson forgot anything considering she made a pretty big deal out if it back when Clint guest starred in Kate's solo and the subsequent West Coast Avengers book.

spoilers:
    My guess is that he knew these people were going to die either bis his hands or that of the ladies and this way he at least could make sure that neither of them would get hurt themselves.
    And when that argument doesn't work: He murdered a bunch of Skrulls in New Avengers.
    end of spoilers
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Good question, I noticed that myself.
    One possibility is that Danny kinda forgot about the iron flee-... wrong franchise, oopsie.
    And I doubt Thompson forgot anything considering she made a pretty big deal out if it back when Clint guest starred in Kate's solo and the subsequent West Coast Avengers book.

spoilers:
    My guess is that he knew these people were going to die either bis his hands or that of the ladies and this way he at least could make sure that neither of them would get hurt themselves.
    And when that argument doesn't work: He murdered a bunch of Skrulls in New Avengers.
    end of spoilers
    That's kind of...concerning to me.

Having started with Ronin Clint I gotta say I kinda shrug these things off.

My Twitter

Has Hawkeye ever had a special car? I am aware hes mostly associated with the sky-bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Has Hawkeye ever had a special car? I am aware hes mostly associated with the sky-bike.
    In the Thunderbolts, the team had a flying car that he borrowed from the storage from the former Champions of Los Angeles. And, of course, he had the Dodge Challenger in the Fraction/Aja run. Plus they had a team van in Occupy Avengers.

I feel like the Dodge is probably the most iconic one.
    It also featured in Old Man Hawkeye and while I'm not sure they also used a challenger since it's been a while since I've seen those set photos: The MCU Show too features a muscle car.

Personally I also liked his motorcycle he drove around all macho style in 2003 or so.

My Twitter

Having started with Ronin Clint I gotta say I kinda shrug these things off.
    Just another knock against t-shirt Hawkeye for me .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just another knock against t-shirt Hawkeye for me .
    Dude bro be chill but ready to kill.

My Twitter

Dude bro be chill but ready to kill.
    I miss when Clint was fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I miss when Clint was fun...
    Me too, Frontier

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Anyone else thinks that Clint’s brief appearance in Edmonson’s Black Widow run was very pointless and meaningless? He just landed on a car from a great height and just walked away like nothing happened while Nat’s companion quipped ‘that looks bad’.